Wouldn't it be cool if...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elgarion, Aug 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Super cool thread, most of those ideas have been already proposed but I think its nice that someone takes the time to refresh, I had lost hope for many of these long time ago :(

About the items decay in chests and stacking, well if I put one bad tomato in a basket, the whole basket is going to decay muuuch faster, there you go no logic problem with stacking :)

Elgarion, Stundorn and Brent S like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That's a pretty cool idea.

Elgarion likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes, more knick-knacks (especially if they don't come from the add-on store)!

Olthadir, Ancev and Elgarion like this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This already exists but it's an add-on store item.

Elgarion likes this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think it would be cooler if they implemented better cloth simulation.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  6. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Wouldn't it be cool if those spider webs which ensnare you in dungeons, that if you double click them ahead of time, not only do you clear away the web but you also get some spider silk as loot?

7. Gramps

Gramps Avatar

No ! lot of those things would not be cool. What would be cool to me is they lighten up on the darn Sieges and make the encounter go away unless they ramp them up to be your level. These are nothing but time sinks that Port just love to throw into the game.

8. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Diagree

Alleine Dragonfyre and Elgarion like this.
  9. Elgarion

Wouldn't it be cool if some creatures spawned with dens that had an intact and destroyed appearance dependant upon status. As you destroy their dens, there's a chance new creatures can spawn from it.

The dens themselves could have some interesting loot or perhaps even be a mini-portal into a mini-dungeon.

Ancev likes this.
  10. Elgarion

Wouldn't it be cool if we had a new lot type, called micro-lots? They look like a plethora of basement hatches types (dungeon entrances, mineshaft entrances, dark sinkholes, gravestones, even entrances obscured by a few bushes etc) which could sell/be crafted seperately to attach to these micro-lots like a house YET the only thing you can do with this micro-lot to avoid bogging down rendering the environment is attaching a basement. This would offer another housing option or secret dungeon option etc without impacting the load times in the above world and give us some nice ways to hide our secret lairs ;) This would work well with the later episode proposed concept of player created dungeons etc as well.

11. Elgarion

Wouldn't it be cool if you could place invisible triggers in your property or POT that trigger ambient sounds or particular messages or particle effects as you pass over them? This could be a great tool for immersion as you walk into an area.

<smoke effect triggered>
    <sound of fire triggered>
    <fire aoe effect triggered>
    <add message, "You enter a home and its recently been set ablaze. You hear screams from the floors above you, what do you do?>

12. Elgarion

Wouldn't it be cool if we had tables that were much larger? Grand round tables, grand long tables, ones which would seat 20-30-40 maybe even 50 people for grand meeting halls? Craftable with ornate versions for the add-on store, of course ;)

froji likes this.
  13. Elgarion

Wouldn't it be cool if, whilst fishing, on rare occasion you're pulled into the water by a mysterious large fish, perhaps a siren or a variety of sea creatures, and zone into a mini-underwater dungeon to complete?

14. Elgarion

Wouldn't it be cool if, whilst mining, it would have a rare spawn of a level appropriate earth elemental or special stone elemental?

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  15. Elgarion

Wouldn't it be cool if mobs could randomly or even by type, drop quest items initiating quests to complete? For instance:

You find a letter on the %creaturename corpse:

Dearest Ethel, I hope this letter finds you in good health. I shall deliver it tomorrow upon reaching Spite. But in the meantime, I see a friendly group of undead ahead. I think I will approach and attempt to trade with them. I feel strongly they are an untapped market to exploit. Wish me luck and I hope my letter reaches you quickly.
    Quest is to find Ethel and deliver the letter, and perhaps explain to her how stupid her husband was (Truth!). :p

Olthadir and Alleine Dragonfyre like this.
  16. Elgarion

Wouldn't it be cool if water elementals were less annoying to fight? :p

Gramps likes this.
  17. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i like a tiny lot with just an entrance, but what size basement could you fit under it? currently that's limited to the size of the lot above it.

(if they someday make the tech to disturb the ground geography, i want to see a stepwell house)

18. Elgarion

Stepwell would be fantastic! Perhaps to start with the micro-lot basement concept they'd just be row, but why not have the possibility of larger ones? Great sales items and there's no reason why a micro-lot couldn't be small underneath as it is instanced. Really could work nicely as a prototype to a player created dungeon system (dungeon entrances).

19. Elgarion

Wouldn't it be cool if hatches could be labelled with tooltips like signs and gravestones?

20. Elgarion

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a basement that is purely destructible (to the owner) so you can dig out its shape and size up to the size limits of the actual basement?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.