House Bonuses - Suggestion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrond, Aug 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Not sure if this has been discussed before but i have a few suggestions .

Wouldnt it be nice to log off sleeping in your bed in your house and the next day when you wake up you would get double adventuring XP for an x amount of time. The amount of double time xp could be determined by the type of bed you have in your house and the amount of time you spent logged off (capped to 24h). Or it could be just a % xp bonus.

Theres so many items we add in the house many which, could really add to the character stats. The shrines we have in the game currently are nice but they dont actually encourage the game economy to develop. Imagine if each item in the house would actually add stat bonuses.

Like if you have a Bookshelf you would get 0.1 inteligence for every book stored in it . ( With limited amount of books of course).

Or having a piano would add 3 dexterity to your stats.

Did you manage to mount that dragon head on your wall ? You would get a nice title and 1 str added to your stats.

Is your table set ? 8 plates can give you 0.8 str bonus ... diferent plates diferent bonuses... of course you cant place 100 plates on a table so people cant exploit this.

Bigger house means more room to add items. You have an inn ? Renting rooms? ... Add some nice furniture and all youre residents will get the bonuses..till they are able to get theyre own house.

I think this would greatly boost furniture/carpentry industry.... I would rather have 5 strength boost from my house then visiting a shrine .

Spinok likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I would consider this pay-to-win.

3. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

How is mounting a dragon head and getting a 1 str bonus and a title ..pay to win ?
    How is a bookshelf with 10 books ..pay to win ?

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Because the easiest way to get a lot is to purchase a bundle.

Elwyn and Alleine Dragonfyre like this.
  5. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

You can also buy a lot with ingame gold ... Is there anything in the game that cant be bought with $$ ? Should we remove it all because you can buy it with dollars ? An account at 1 day age can buy 100k gold for cash then buy himself OP gear ... is that pay to win ? sure to an extent.... how much would that gear help him against a veteran ? Not so much ... same for a house with bonuses even if you buy day one a house with all the items for cash... and youd get say 5 str bonus and 5 dex...would really not matter much .

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I haven't seen a lot deed for sale in-game for a while now and I expect it'll become a lot more rare. However, even being able to buy a lot with in-game gold (which new players don't have a lot of) doesn't make being able to buy a lot with real-life money and getting instant power from it any less pay-to-win.

Elwyn and Stundorn like this.
  7. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I think you are missing the point ... you can buy 10 lots and you dont gain anything..you can buy 20 houses and you dont gain anything... this topic is about craftable items you can place inside your home and get some bonuses ... craftable meaning made by players ..sold by players ingame .... but i understand you dont like the idea..so ill leave it at that.

8. Numa

Numa Avatar

Just extend the idea to cover tenants and their stuff. Then it's all good :)

Tahru likes this.
  9. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

I would personally love these ideas! More in game power perks for owning property seems fair to me. Anyone could put down a modest sum and get the same benefit. Best of all, it helps Portalarium.

Grade A ideas, sir! ;)

vrillx likes this.
  10. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

This

11. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

Why do you say that?

12. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I can understand maybe adding a "rested" buff for sleeping in a bed before you log out... but I don't think it should vary based on the type of bed. Also, I don't think just having crafted items in your house should give any buffs. Especially not a "more stuff = better buff" concept.

Some people cant afford the biggest properties and houses so they wouldnt be able to compete with the rich.

Elwyn likes this.
  13. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Why can't the feature extend to the non bed owners using that bed as long as it's not set to private? That way it would cover those inn beds or camp fire sleeping bags as well? Nobody would have to pay for that.

Spoon, Cordelayne, Numa and 1 other person like this.
  14. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

I really like your idea. It also promotes the idea of people offering lodging to other players (free or not).

15. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

You're absolutely right. This would make it p2w. Doesn't mean they aren't on to something.

16. Numa

Numa Avatar

Same would apply to the piano bonus idea - as long as the permissions are public then anyone can sit down and play (& get the bonus).

17. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

I like this idea and for sure buff should depend of class of property too from my point of view. And I see zero p2w in it.

vrillx likes this.
  18. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

if you want a house you need to buy a deed - the chance to win a deed is minixcule and expensive, at least for new players.
    A lot of people allways dont get, that a new player is totally overwhelmed by the game, need to learn things, figure out things and more.
    makig money was always a chore, but although its slightly better i doubt new people are able or willing to pay 5000-10000 ig gold for a rafle ticket, they haven't the money to buy recipes.
    A House is already some sort of pay to win - it gives you more storage and the ability to grow crops and if you have a Vendor to sell things.
    If you give more boni to house owners people will feel more and more locked off or the need to buy oneself a house. It creates exactly the pay to win feeling.
    Housing is a major Feature, most games have it implemented without you have to pay for it extra.
    Portalarium had fund this game most with PoTs, Deeds, Houses and Bundles, but they shouldn't make players feel they have to buy a house deed to get the full potential of the game.

and just to say not everone want to join instantly a big guild or get spoilers how to do this or that or how to get max gold quick etc...
    there are also people and i would say this is the majority who want to play and figure things out by themself also to be able to get things by themself.
    Sure the tip often is made to search for help and players/ a guild etc. and get free housing, free gear and wht not is a great offer to help.
    But i think a lot of people wont accept to be dependent on alms of veteran players, but search for ways to be self sufficient within their group or solo.

deeds are nothing you can buy with igg or you can hope for to win with a raffle ticket when you start playing and this keeps going if you are a casual player.
    So Housing is cool, but please no more bonus for it until they arent offered for igg regularily.

Elwyn likes this.
  19. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I bought my deed with ingame gold from another player so you dont need to wait to win the lottery to get a deed. Also new players shouldnt be born into the world of SOTA with a deed or a fully fitted house in their pockets. A house is something you plan for the future , something to aim for ...i played for a few months until i decided to buy a deed so....why are we talking about new players not being able to have a deed or a house ?

SO when you upgrade your armor to obsidian or bone armor for better stats you get a pay to win feeling ? cause its basically the same thing ...only instead of armor you buy yourself a bookshelf or a bed to get some extra stats ...the end result is the same..the currency you use is the same (gold) .

But you do need to buy a deed to experience the full potential of the game .... unless you are planting on guild land ..you need a deed if you wanna experience the agriculture side of the game.

I dont agree with your view ..just told you i bought my deed with ingame gold. I also have a member in my guild who has already rented rooms to new players at his inn. If some of these bonuses would get added im sure inns would benefit from them also..all a new player would have to do is just to seek out and rent a room to one of these inns and benefit from these bonuses.... no deed need it, no house...just a ROOM at an INN.

20. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Does this mean if I fall asleep with Daxxe in his bed we get double the rested XP bonus? o_O:oops::eek::confused:;):)

Spoon and Numa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.