1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

SeedInvest Campaign - Discussions with Richard Garriott / Lord British

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lord British, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Mine are still saying "Initiated Close". I will keep an eye on it. Thanks!

Duke Gréagóir and Time Lord like this.
  2. Mac G

Mac G Avatar

Yeah, I just checked mine and it had something it said it needed me to complete. I am 100% certain that I had already checked all the boxes and completed all the follow ups. I never received an email from seedinvest telling me a follow-up was needed. Had I not checked this forum, I would have never even known. I'm starting to get a bit uncomfortable about this seedinvest situation. A more complete update would probably help a lot of us feel better about this.

3. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Good that you caught it.... Very unusual imo that you (and apparently others) have items still needing attention and they haven't contacted you to make you aware. Having been both a commodities and a stockbroker for major wall Street firms I just find it odd.

4. Obsidian Tempest

Obsidian Tempest Avatar

I'm also at "Initiated Close" with an Aug 7 confirmed. No new info required but still not completed. Here is the full message.

Your $____ investment is processing. Once Portalarium conducts a close on your investment, your investment will be complete and a share certificate will be available to you.

Seems they are pinning it on Port. Money has been removed from my investment account so I guess just need to wait and watch it for updates.

5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Me too. Same message shown on my seedinvest page.

7. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Mine says the same with a July 18th confirmed date. I see @Berek got something posted but I had to be looking for it. With all the spam email I now get from seedinvest it would be nice, and kind of a professional touch if we were to get something through that channel informing us of what is taking place and what the time frames are. I swear, while there are many things I love about this game...things like the lack of good clear communication really irk me.

I would think at the very least the account access should be available to deliver.

@DarkStarr

8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Fionwyn Wyldemane and StarLord like this.
  9. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Cordelayne and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  10. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  11. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

I agree... nothing should (and from what I've seen will not) be available before the investments are in. That said. wth is holding that up? We have advanced from the carrier pigeon days. I would like to be afforded the courtesy of a clear and transparent explanation of the process. For example I'd like to hear how or why seedinvest doesn't operate with standard settlement rules. Not trying to be snarky or a ****; I just operate in a world where you don't play games with people's money. I'm an investor, not a fanboi.

Kaisa and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  12. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

That's a valid question.

To avoid asking that question however, I tend to think about it like this. I've invested in this company for the long term. The end result is that I will not be able to get back that investment unless the company goes public or is bought out by someone else. Both of those possibilities are highly unlikely to occur over the next few months, so why does it matter? I'm a creative person, I can formulate all kinds of what if scenarios that result in me being disappointed, but that doesn't change anything and it doesn't speed up the process, so why would I do that?

I guess what I'm getting at is that whatever is going to happen is going to happen over the next few months and at that time we'll probably get an answer to your question, not before.

13. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Indeed, as have I. Also as should be done with an investment of this type (face it, it's in the risky class) I used money I can say goodbye to.
    That said, in the short term I'd like to see some better communication. I'm sure Port isn't sitting around wondering what's up. This doesn't just affect us. As a global game, the whole world's watching...

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  14. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Yes, I think I owned it (many moves ago)

My seedinvest has moved on to "Investment Initiated Close"

@Berek I think the email I gave seedinvest is not the same as the one you guys have, so I might need to work with someone to get that correlated.

discipleofweb and Berek like this.
  15. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We're working on another email to send out to everyone!

16. Obsidian Tempest

Obsidian Tempest Avatar

I just checked and I registered with Seedinvest using a different email account than my Sota account as well. Also on an update, I'm still at "Investment Initiated Close" . My "Confirmed date" is Aug. 7th, Wondering if the differing emails is holding up the process of linking investor with Sota account holder?

discipleofweb likes this.
  17. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I registered with SeedInvest using the same email address that I have for my Fionwyn Wyldemane SoTA account. My *investment is processing*. The moola was taken from my checking account and I received this notice on 8/3/3017:

Your Investment in Portalarium is Now Processing

Your investment in Portalarium has been received by our escrow agent and will be processed when the company initiates a close. You will be notified via email when your investment is counter-signed and closed, and when funds are released to Portalarium. In the exceptional case your investment is declined or fails to process, we will inform you and may request additional information. If you did not make this investment, please notify us immediately at contactus@seedinvest.com.

---> So it looks to me like my investment is waiting to be counter-signed by *someone* so the funds can be released to Portalarium? If I'm understanding the notice correctly, what's the hold-up? Stating the obvious here, but it is nearly a month since I received the notice. I would really like to get an update from Portalarium. Not just here in the forums, but directly to my email address...lol.

I'm a patient person, but I am ready for that update and for my investment to be countersigned already :eek:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    Time Lord, Kaisa, Solazur and 5 others like this.
  18. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

What she said.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  19. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Ditto

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  20. Haleth Silverbow

Haleth Silverbow Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.