1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

SeedInvest Campaign - Discussions with Richard Garriott / Lord British

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lord British, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

I followed the instructions, and it worked fine. Some of the items on my page. All of them not complete? Or are some on pages other than special awards?

Solazur likes this.
  2. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I'm afraid I'm a bit confused. I will PM you for follow-up. I don't want to talk about a personal account in a public thread. If there's a larger issue here, we'll figure it out!

Bones13 [MGT] likes this.
  3. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Just FWIW, as there seems to be more than a little confusion I think it would be nice to see a list of the perks that *should* have been delivered.

Merci

@Berek

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  4. Berek

I'm checking with the team on the Game Access and Lot perks for those who are tieing their SeedInvest perks to a new Shroud account. If you haven't tied your accounts together and are going to create a new Shroud account for this purpose, please wait for further instructions.

StarLord, Barugon and Solazur like this.
  5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Here is the list from the SeedInvest site. I also recorded it on SotAwiki.

$500: Golden Armor and Golden Cloak
    • Game Access
    • Exclusive Golden Cloak
    • Exclusive Suit of Golden Clockwork Armor
    • Exclusive Golden Lord British Helmet
    • Exclusive Golden Lord British Throne
    • Exclusive Golden Trimmed Tuxedo
    • Exclusive Golden Lord British Moondial
    • Exclusive Replenishing Box of Assorted Golden Fireworks
    • /goldenflowerwandtrick: Exclusive Magic Trick Animation
    • /goldenbirdtrick: Exclusive Magic Trick Animation
    • /goldenendlessclothtrick: Exclusive Magic Trick Animation
    $1000: Golden Row Home
    • All of the above
    • Exclusive Golden Lord British Shield
    • Tax Free Player Owned Town Row Lot Deed
    • Exclusive Golden Ornate Greenhouse 4-Story Row House
    • Exclusive Golden Clockwork Raven Pet
    $2500: Golden Village Home
    • All of the above
    • Tax Free Village POT Lot Deed
    • Exclusive Golden Viking Village Home
    • Exclusive Golden Clockwork Cat Pet
    • Exclusive Ornate Gold Plated Iron Fence
    $5000: Golden Town Home
    • All of the Above
    • Tax Free Town POT Lot Deed
    • Exclusive Golden Pristine Gothic Mansion
    • Exclusive Golden Clockwork Dog Pet
    • Exclusive Golden Streetlamps (6 Pack)
    $10,000: Golden City Home
    • All of the above
    • Tax Free Player Owned Town City Lot Deed
    • Exclusive Golden Kobold 4-Story Great Hall
    • Exclusive Golden Sword
    • Tour of Portalarium Studios in Austin, TX (travel expenses not included)
    $20,000: Golden Keep
    • All of the above
    • Tax Free Keep POT Lot Deed
    • Exclusive Golden Obsidian 4-Tower Keep City Home
    • Exclusive Golden Remote Bank Access Device
    • Exclusive Golden Automaton Pet
    • Exclusive Golden Viking Palisade Walls
    $30,000: Golden Castle
    • All of the above
    • Tax Free Player Owned Town Castle Lot Deed
    • Exclusive Golden Airship
    • Exclusive Golden Castle Walls
    • Exclusive Golden Clockwork Pet Dragon
    • Dinner with Lord and Lady British and other Golden Castle owners at their home Britannia Manor in New York City (travel expenses not included)
    The team would need to note which of these are not yet ready for delivery.

6. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Aye and well done Sir Jayson.

As @Berek said.. anybody who is tying this to a new account (which kinda sorta makes sense for anybody who doesn't want to toss $40) should hold off till further notice.

I, Solazur am your crash test dummy :)

StarLord likes this.
  7. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

I tried tying this to an existing account - I see the items under "special rewards" but when I claim at a bank there's nothing. @Berek

StarLord and Solazur like this.
  8. Twiggi Fizzlesticks

Twiggi Fizzlesticks Avatar

Considering the email stated available perks would start to get delivered in R46, why would anyone expect to be delivered now?

3devious and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  9. Berek

None of the Gold perks will be delivered until R46 or R47, even if they are listed in the account. As we get these in the game, we will update everyone.

10. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

because they show up in your account page most likely.

11. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

I hate to point out the obvious... but I *did* make a concerted effort to preclude this situation..

oi veh.. now I'm quoting myself.

I have always said my greatest strength is that I am willing to be wrong. In this situation I fail to see where I have been. If someone could point out my error, I'd be most appreciative. Has there ever been a case previously where items were listed on your account but not available to claim? I've only been on board since pre r1 and while my memory ain't what it once was... I can not recall an instance where this has occurred. I mean hey, I get that this is a "game" and all... but let us be real here.. business is business. Imagine for a moment you are on the operating table for a transplant and somebody kinda.. you know... forgot to bring the organ to be transplanted. (not saying that hasn't happened doctors being how they are) but this is a really poor showing.

By the by... I also want to make note of what I consider an extreme irregularity. For those with the patience to scroll back you will note @discipleofweb made mention of their purchase of shares. The question must present itself as to why they paid a different price for the exact same number of shares that I did. While the difference may seem minor.I would submit is is anything but trivial. By the by I say this as someone who worked as a broker for both a major WallSt. firm as well as an investment officer for the (at the time) 3rd largest bank in the US. Trust me y'all #digitsmatter!. I mean where do the pieces that fall between the cracks go? A dollar here. a dollar there..it all adds up. And then for the love of everything holy I read @Time Lord is Still waiting on a refund because he decided to increase his investment. TL, I feel your pain on that one bro.

Again, I'm not trying to be a ****.. but these are serious matters. There is sadly no way to get a second chance at your first impression. If the roast ain't done dammit don't call folks in for supper.

12. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Yes. Back during pre-persistence there were quite a few times you would have something on the account that was not claimable until the following release. Recently... I haven't noticed this.

Mykll and Solazur like this.
  13. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Mykll and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  14. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Solazur Always a pleasure to offer what service I may... even if the service I offer isn't always pleasurable.... I wouldn't want to encroach on Budner's domain, after all.

All joking aside, aren't telethon rewards listed on the account prior to them going live in game? That would be a post persistence item I can think of (I've missed the last couple so not sure).

15. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

You may indeed be correct. Tbh I don't pay attention to the tele stuff but in checking I see r45 tele rewards are listed. Mind you though... I think those are in a slightly different category. With all the "can't discuss due to SEC this and SEC that" (which IS correct by the by) and given the amount of anticipation involved here.. one would think that care would have been taken to properly communicate things and, I might also add.. the generals should not be sending troops to the front lines w/o guns n ammo. It's just poor form.

Edit: I'm gonna do a partial Mea Culpa here. as @Twiggi Fizzlesticks states.. the email does in fact mention completed perks. will start to roll out in r46. Here's the other side of that. With a little forethought.. that could have been there.. in a font size I could read w/o my glasses in a nice bold red color and not down in the small print.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    Mykll and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  16. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Update;

I got an e-mail with confirmation # for Investment awards, though I only received the Tux, LB throne, LB Helm, LB Moondial and a box of fireworks. I sent an e-mail to support as a reminder that I'm a $1500 investor to remind them that I should be getting X2 the $500 level perks.

I can wait, but since I didn't have 2 of those $500 perks, I thought the reminder was warranted :)
    But no refund yet on the previous investments :( But I'm lucky I can wait for everything, even the expansions of our game, because Portalarium does everything they have done SO WELL! :)
    ~Time Lord~

Obsidian Tempest and StarLord like this.
  17. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

now see, that's where
    Curiouser and curiouser, I have none of the $500 awards even listed; just 2 at the 1k tier. Now the other question would be if you actually got delivery of said items

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    Time Lord likes this.
  18. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

That's what I have in game now ~TL~:rolleyes:

Solazur likes this.
  19. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

For information:

I made two separate investments through SeedInvest to Portalarium during the campaign. I am having them combined into one investment for the larger Perks package I desire.

I received emails the other day:
    • Email 1:
      • From SeedInvest
      • Subject: "Your Portalarium investment is now closed"
      • This is for my investment #1.
    • Email 2:
      • From SeedInvest
      • Subject: "Your Portalarium investment is now closed"
      • This is for my investment #2.
    • Email 3: (next day)
      • From Portalarium
      • Subject: "Claim your SeedInvest Perks"
      • This included a link to "Claim your Perks Here!" ... but ... an IMPORTANT notice said I if I have multiple investments, I can email support AFTER I enter information in the above link to have things consolidated.
    My actions:
    1. Received Emails 1 and 2. OK, I waited to hear more.
    2. Received Email 3 the next day from Portalarium.
      • I clicked on Claim Your Perks Here and filled in the required information to connect my SotA online account to SeedInvest account information.
      • As instructed in the IMPORTANT notice, I sent an email to SotA support asking them to consolidate my two investments that should amount to a certain total $ value for the Perks.
    Now - I wait for reply from Portalarium Customer Service, which can be 7 to 14 days. I figure they will tell me all is consolidated and then I can claim my perks somewhere/somehow. I won't try to claim anything until I hear back from them that my two investments are consolidated and follow new instructions, lest I claim something too soon and potentially corrupts my consolidation.

I hope this helps some people. This is my experience so far which has been fine for me. I know this all takes time on the SeedInvest side, then the Portalarium side, then on my side to claim and verify Perks. I appreciate hearing the experiences of others.

Thanks for listening!

20. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

That was an example from the Seedinvest website for another person's trade since they had a concern about rounding and perk tiers, which BDF talked about the same concern. Also the portfolio rounding bug and figuring out the discrepancy between the website and the certificate, which one was correct. Sorry about the confusion which was not intended.

Solazur likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.