Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Etceter looks nice but sux

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by Gramps, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gramps

Gramps Avatar

Etceter stays under siege more than not, that sux but is not my bug problem.

9/11/2017 9:14 AM
    Title: Etceter looks nice but sux.
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: When you finally get into Etceter to sell your goods to the Smith in town. You get to the door and click on it nothing happens. You press E and nothing happens. You click some more rapidly because your by now pissed off because the damn door wont open. Then wa la.. it just opens.
    Steps to Reproduce: Enter Etceter go to the Blacksmiths shop and just try to open the door.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 32593
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4059
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.659.Date.09.05.17
    Area: Novia_R2_City_Etceter/Etceter
    Area Display Name: Etceter
    Loc: (62.8, 23.7, -22.9)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjJfQ2l0eV9FdGNldGVyfEV0Y2V0ZXJ8KDYyLjgzNiwgMjMuNjY2LCAtMjIuODgzKXwoMCwgMC45OTcsIDAsIC0wLjA3NSl8MTg4Ljg0NzN8MjMuNDQxNjR8Ny42NjIzNjk=

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

happens alot lately with other avatars in the same scene - had this too in other locations - eg Dragomir Mori, Resolute etc.
    that is network lag pure

More difficult it is in combat
    you cast a spell and nothing happens (ice field) and then 30s later the enemy is already on you the field appears and the enemys near you get the vfx for being hit by the spell....

discipleofweb likes this.
  3. Gramps

Gramps Avatar

It's not just in Etceter. It happens when I get to my house in White Roc too.

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Edit: I think there are problems with this door lag in this scene particular. Submitting now.
    Bug#: 50537

And while I do appreciate good honest feedback in general, saying something 'sux' is not exactly something I personally would want the Etceter world building developer, who spent a lot of hard time and work on building, to ever see. We got some tough skin around here and it wouldn't be taken personal...and I know you were frustrated (understandably so) but a more detailed description on the issue you are directly facing helps when it comes to selecting subject titles :)

@Gramps

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  5. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Hornpipe has hit the nail on the head - but you can still call a spade a spade but be courteous ..

Is it perfect no? but we arent released so to be honest this game doesnt even *have* to run, they could leave us for a month unable to login..

your bug report could have read:

In Etcter - complicated by an almost persistent siege status, I found I cant open the door to the blacksmith. I have had similar problems with the door to my house <insert wherever that maybe>

but no, your post raves and rants, followed up by a worse one..

Yes some bugs are maddening..However you will find better responses from most people if you can just stick to the facts an leave the vent behind.

Alleine Dragonfyre and Hornpipe like this.
  6. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

We are looking into this issue. However, it is no longer occurring at the original poster's location. If you see this same behavior with a door being non-interactable, (ie. not allowing you to open) please repost and note the scene/location where you see it.

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  7. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

8. Kron Caledon

Kron Caledon Avatar

@Lord Subtleton

I experience the same issues in multiple scenes (2 examples below) - where after scene load, it takes substantial amounts of time for the door to become "interactive".

2 examples here - one a POT (Novia Market), one a NPC town (Brittany Alleys).

Seems like there are items loading, and until this process is complete, the door is not interactive.

Let me know if you need more information to reproduce.

====

1) Novia Market - POT
    - on zone in, I head straight to the front door of my lot at the location below - which takes about 10 seconds
    - then the door is not interactive until another ~5-8 seconds. During this time, the icon cycles between the green cursor, and the white X cursor.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz (12) System RAM: 32686
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.660.Date.09.12.17
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Novia Market
    Area Display Name: Novia Market
    Loc: (89.7, 38.0, 264.9)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfE5vdmlhIE1hcmtldHwoODkuNjc3LCAzNy45OTgsIDI2NC45MzgpfCgwLCAwLjk5NiwgMCwgLTAuMDk0KXw1NDEuMDE3OHwtOS4yMDUyMTZ8MTcuOTk0MzQ=

====

2) Brittany Alleys - NPC town
    - zone in from the docks (from the connection from Novia Market, for example)
    - on zone in at the Brittany Alleys docks, I head straight to the Alchemist vendor at the location below - this takes about 30 seconds
    - then the door is not interactive for another ~10 seconds or so. In this case - the cursor stays as a white X cursor.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz (12) System RAM: 32686
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.660.Date.09.12.17
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Alley
    Area Display Name: Brittany Alleys
    Loc: (67.2, 44.5, 11.6)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueV9BbGxleXx8KDY3LjE5MiwgNDQuNTA0LCAxMS41NzQpfCgwLCAtMC45NTYsIDAsIC0wLjI5NSl8MTU4LjI0NTN8NDEuMTE5MjN8MTcuOTk0MzQ=

discipleofweb, By Tor and Rentier like this.
  9. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Kron Caledon,
    Thanks for the post. Good information. Looks like I introduced this bug when fixing another. Affects all interactives, not just doors.
    I meant to disallow interaction on an interactive object until the object has received its network state from the server. The code I actually wrote disables all interactions when any object is waiting on network data. That's why the cursor is blinking. Most likely the fix will appear on the first patch of R46. Until then, the work-around is to "wait awhile" (perhaps 30 seconds or so) until most objects have received their network state. Then the "blinky" should calm somewhat. Sorry for the disruption.

Aldo, Lexie, Rentier and 2 others like this.
  10. Gramps

Gramps Avatar

It is still occurring in Etceter as of today, yesterday, and for a long time.

11. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Gramps what sort of FPS are you getting while trying to interact with the door?

12. Gramps

Gramps Avatar

Don't know how to check for Frames per sec in this game.
    /fps ??

13. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Use /debug

14. Gramps

Gramps Avatar

Thanks.. I have been trying to figure that one out for a long time.
    ok.. Just got into Etceter. Ran to the Smith Shop at 23.xx fps and door took 6 secs to open.
    I didn't notice any blinking cursor.
    After the door open I could open and close it normally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.