Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Salvage Item doesn't work right

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by Ayelis, Sep 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayelis

Ayelis Avatar

9/7/2017 7:01 PM
    Title: Salvage Item doesn't work right
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Blockin' my carpentry, yes.
    Details: I don't want to salvage my most-used weapon, NOR my alternate-deck weapon. Yet every single time I double-click the recipe for 'Salvage Item', my most-idiotic derpy Avatar decides that the BEST IDEA IN THE WORLD is to salvage her halberd instead of the 50 shoddy short bows I'd just looted from the bandit encampment. Even when I hide it in a bag.
    Please. Make my avatar read a book. Make her stop trying to destroy her own weaponry.
    Steps to Reproduce: Proceed to your nearest carpentry station. Doubleclick 'Salvage Item'. Curse the gods.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1660 v3 @ 3.00GHz (16) System RAM: 64354
    GPU: Quadro K5200/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 8192
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Linux.64.659.Date.09.05.17
    Area: Braemar
    Area Display Name: Braemar
    Loc: (11.0, 27.1, 56.6)
    Debug: QnJhZW1hcnx8KDEwLjk1NywgMjcuMDg2LCA1Ni42MzEpfCgwLCAwLjYxNiwgMCwgLTAuNzg3KXwxNC4xNzY4M3w5LjUxOTE0NHwxOA==

Rentier and Lazarus Long like this.
  2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Ayelis - Thank you for reporting. While I completely understand your frustration (as this happens to me too with other recipes like trying to add a gem to a new weapon and it pulls in one that I already have socketed)... there is a reason for why this happens. The system will usually select the first possible combination of materials from your inventory... and I believe it works alphabetically. So, if you have a Maple Longbow that you crafted and a Shoddy Short Bow... it will pull in your Maple Longbow first because that is the first one it finds in your inventory.

Another thing to note is that if you put something into a bag,backpack, or any container that you are carrying in your inventory... those get read first before things that are just in your main inventory. Think of it like a file system on your computer. When your computer does a virus scan, it will scan the first folder it comes to, then scan anything inside that before going down to the next folder, and then finally it will check everything that is not inside a folder last. Folders are generally at the top of the list before single files in the directory. This works sort of the same way.

So, if you want to make sure all your looted junk gets pulled in first when you double-click the salvage recipe... just craft a small bag, name it AAA Salvage (or whatever you want to make sure it's the first container in your inventory list) and then put all of your salvageable junk in that bag. Now, it should pull items from that bag before it pulls things out of your general inventory or from other containers you might be carrying.

Hope that helps.

3. Gramps

Gramps Avatar

Well.... Fix it !
    If bag isn't open don't select anything in it.
    Pretty simple huh ?

4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Gramps - I hope that was not speaking directly to me. I'm merely a volunteer helping to track and reply to bug reports on the forums. I'm not a Dev nor an employee of Portalarium so unfortunately I have no way of "fixing it". :(

But I'm sure the Dev's are aware of this inconvenience based on the report of Ayelis and this will be improved at some point.

Lexie likes this.
  5. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

A suggestion. Use list view. Don't click on the recipe, just select the items you want to salvage in the crafting inventory window while holding down shift or control and drag them up to the work area.

Lexie likes this.
  6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Yes, please treat our bug brigade members with respect. Pretty please.
    We have several volunteers that donate their time to help make the game better for everyone. While their input is valuable, they do not control what gets fixed and when.
    While I think we have come a LONG way, we definitely know we need to improve upon things prior to an official launch :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.