Wouldn't it be cool if...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elgarion, Aug 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Ooooooooh, stack a rotten tomato with fresh tomatoes at your own risk! Like it!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  2. Elgarion

The one in the add-on store kinda works more like a king-of-the-hill variety capture the flag. Another variety which allowed people to run with it, displaying who is in possession of it, and when they're killed, it drops on their corpse automatically OR on the nearby ground would be another cool variety for capture the flag ;)

3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

The heretic @Time Lord always obeys the Royal Astronomer's summons to attend :D as well as that of our great Lord @Elgarion :)

Where fantasy, reality, pseudo and what could be collide, I can only offer what is known which could spur an interest in further thought o_O...

The assets of our sky are vast and fertile area for innovative advancements to our game in many ways.

We do have patterns in our skies through the conjunction dances of our planets...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFDBeTdPKig

We also have our constellations...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGjpGTi4VrI

Keeping it simple, it's the conjunction patterns which could deepen our our relationship with our sky, or have a more rapid effect without such planetary events acting as triggers. This is where the simple becomes something that happens so often that it does not inspire deeper understanding or need of predicting, or it become inspirational to the passive player who may not have interest in the sky's effects. Some of these patterns the conjunctions make are star shapes with many points, while others have few, yet just as with the dial of a combination lock, it all depends on what zodiac sign the patterns are striking which "could" provide the player with differing flavors within their buffed abilities or disabilities.

The possibilities are many, yet the zodiac sign at birth could be a chosen thing which would then help the player choose "the mood" with what skill buff based algorithm that sign provided them to their future occurrence.

It's a really deep subject, yet could take the form of a gypsy's tail of our individual future which would not be that complicated in too many responses.
    ~TL~:rolleyes:

Elgarion and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  4. Elgarion

Fantastic input, esteemed Time Lord! I must say, I love that moon dial tutorial. I didn't quite grasp how they work until now. Cabalist hunting would be a great RP event as well, whether you find one or not.

On that note, perhaps on that note, you do not choose your constellation, but the powers/buffs attach to your soul/character upon your arrival into the world of New Britannia (first time logging in a.k.a when you first step through the Rift) and which constellation is at its peak in the sky.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    Ahuaeynjgkxs and Time Lord like this.
  5. Elgarion

Wouldn't it be cool that if/when we receive the sea travel capabilities in future episodes (proposed, not definite), that we must navigate our ships via utilization of the heavens above? We've got moon dials, but perhaps sextants could be in our future?

Mortanius and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  6. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

siren call
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Wouldn't it be cool if the fishing and agriculture updates actually happened in September as scheduled. And wouldn't it be even cooler if this update included that our waterways actually got many different types of fish and fish lore.

(For example: cave fish, Brook trout, lava fish or flame fish, and ice fishing, cold water fish, and message in a bottle with map pieces, clues, and quests we could fish up).

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    Olthadir, froji, Ancev and 8 others like this.
  8. Elgarion

I just put this in the feedback forum as well:

Wouldn't it be cool if the new spell words of power in the chat window could have multiple varieties for each spell. The OTHER varieties will be what is displayed when the spell fizzles, showing mispronunciations ;)

Now, perhaps there could be very powerful spells with long casting timers, and the only way we could know how to react to what's coming is to listen to the words being spoken. Perhaps these spells, the words of magic slowly appear in raid warning text (boss monsters). Perhaps one day, they could be enunciated as well.

"Podric! He's summoning the power of an Earth Elemental. Quickly, interrupt him or we'll be facing more than just this foul wizard!"

Could introduce concepts beyond interrupts too... counter magic and counter actions :)

froji and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  9. Elgarion

Wouldn't it be cool if the pet commands would work like the spell words of power, and display your commands in the chat window.

Pet Come would be, "Fido -- to me!" or "Fido, to my side!" Etc etc. If the pet is using their default name, then it would default to "Elgarion commands his pet to his side." etc etc.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  10. Elgarion

Wouldn't it be cool if there the world was amuck with fae? Little buggers could offer quite a bit of flavor to a scene:
    • Imps we have! Homunculus I believe... though are more demonic looking, but I'd say they're already proof of one fae-like creature.
    • Sprites, Pixies, Brownies, Fairies, Gremlins etc
    • Stealing gold we have! But perhaps those little buggers could be prevalent in towns -- places we believe we are safe. When you're pick pocketed, a quest is added into your journal to retrieve your items
    • Perhaps they could sense your virtue, and behave more or less friendly towards you depending upon your past actions?
    • Perhaps they could be the source of great knowledge BUT also great deceit and trickery. Never fully trust these pesky little buggers.
    • Perhaps there could be quest lines where you go on wild goose chases attempting to provide needed items to a fae, knowing you'll likely be tricked in the end, but some might be fruitful?
    • Perhaps there could be questlines in wooded areas, that promote doing things BESIDES tearing down life in forested areas. We chop down trees. We kill wolves, deer etc by the thousands. But perhaps druidic and ranger type characters could restore life in the outdoors and garner the favor of the woodland variety of faekin.
    • Perhaps fae could be captured and sold in magic shops for other magicians to tame and utilize as familiars (pets) for another use of the taming tree.
    • etc
    @Helvig Ingvildsdottir

11. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Very underrated thread 0.o... where are all the critics ?!

I think you overwhelmed them Lord Elgarion :D

Alleine Dragonfyre and Elgarion like this.
  12. Elgarion

Haha, thanks @Ahuaeynjgkxs it's a fun one to work on. I typically have it up while playing in case something pops into mind. We must whisper though, lest we wake the trolls! ;)

Curious, @Ahuaeynjgkxs -- if I trick you into saying your name backwards, do you teleport back to the 5th dimension? :p Your name reminds me of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Mxyzptlk for some reason lol.

13. Mortanius

Mortanius Avatar

Wouldn't it be cool if I could actually see if an Add On item from the store would be placeable on a lot in it's current set up before purchasing it? Should have used a dog gone regular bulletin board to test before hand. I also have an air balloon that just sits in the bank. Dang impulse buys and wanting to support this game.

Elgarion and Barugon like this.
  14. Mortanius

Mortanius Avatar

Wouldn't it be cool that if you learn an exit on a map that you could choose that to be your entrance point?

Lord Ravnos, Elgarion and Spoon like this.
  15. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Ah yes, interesting parallel :) My avatar was raised by an imp, in a dark cave... being the product of nefarious necromancy, I was kept confined all my youth for a very specific purpose. :)

But the name actually come from the wisps, the xorinite. The name means "jolly ball of recursive big sneeze (big bang) mucous" which could apply to all of us :D

The name is actually 4 times longer and almost impossible to pronounce, and has a last name I am unwilling to reveal for homologous reasons :) I try to avoid the 5th dimension these days, time for others to carry the torch.

I am the first steward, the shadow hologram, the obsidian snake, bal-lem : keeper of the gates of dawn and holder of the blue flame of mages.

16. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Elgarion likes this.
  17. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Wouldn't it be cool if we could further customize our character's appearance with scars and tattoos? Wouldn't it be cool if we could choose body type and age of our characters? Why can't I play an obese guy in his late 70s? And wouldn't it be cool if in addition to all that we got a space on our paperdoll where we could describe our character's physical appearance in few words?

amarious, Elgarion, Mortanius and 3 others like this.
  18. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

different body types would be a major undertaking because it would require a new version of every piece of clothing in the game for each one. currently we only scale larger or smaller: as we scale height, we don't change proportions. custom body types, with clothing that could compensate for itself, would be whole new tech. i'd be surprised to see that even in episode two, myself.

scars and tattoos, on the other hand, MIGHT be pretty easy.

Elgarion likes this.
  19. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

oh... I thought Unity had a mesh function, thats sad :( I've seen many other games where they do not need any manual customization of clothing, multiple clothing layers that automatically adjust to each other etc...

Elgarion likes this.
  20. redfish

redfish Avatar

I would definitely like to see a return of gremlins... I liked their U7/SI appearance the best, they were like tiny impish demon children with magical powers.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

They filled a lot of the gap for fae-type creatures in Ultima. If they can't re-use the name gremlins from Ultima, they could call them sprites, or even pixies or trows.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Elgarion and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.