Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Etceter Crag Mines:Lich Boss barrier only droppable by one person.

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by Sycholic, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sycholic

Sycholic Avatar

9/1/2017 9:08 PM
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details: The Tier 5 Boss Lich in the mines only allows one person in a party to pass thru the barrier (spoiler redacted) That being said Ive dropped the barrier myself, we have created new instances myself as and as not team leader. The person who solves the barrier is the only person who has it drop down for even though others in party see and hear said steps for access with each part. Is this a bug? Is that intentional? This has been done before by teams without problem prior to R45. This also blocks off access completely for any team to go down to the lower level of the mine.
    Steps to Reproduce: Activate solution for access to the Lich room with more then one person.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4) System RAM: 8191
    GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R7 370 Series GPU RAM: 4074
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.656.Date.09.01.17
    Area: Novia_R2_Hills01_EtceterCragMines
    Area Display Name: Etceter Crag Mines
    Loc: (32.2, -49.9, 31.6)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjJfSGlsbHMwMV9FdGNldGVyQ3JhZ01pbmVzfHwoMzIuMTgxLCAtNDkuODkyLCAzMS41NzkpfCgwLCAtMC44MDYsIDAsIDAuNTkyKXwxNzIuMDc1NXwyMS41NDU1OXwxLjI1

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    Numa likes this.
  2. Sycholic

Sycholic Avatar

The bad side effect of this is that the Lich boss also is a mission boss for something (spoiler redacted). That is not a factor as any single person can complete with or without the mish and pass the barrier. it has not anywhere that I could find, saying this was going to be changed, community consensus is this is a bug. We have tested I believe every possible combination of looting/opening/having quest/not having quest etc etc. Only thing I have not thought of trying and will try is forming a team, going inside, disbanding, then trying to lower said barrier.

The problem also as a side effect is the Lich is not easy to solo any light armor user will basically get shredded by him since there no way to move around where he is or have help anymore (which you could do because everyone could lower the barrier before)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  3. Omegaflux

Omegaflux Avatar

We tried as many variations as we could think of except using two party members who have not completed quest. Current conclusion is we are unable to complete in party with someone who has already completed quest.
    I recall previously only one person could complete at a time and you had to reset scene and do it again for other party members needing the quest much like similar Master trainer quests, unless this changed as well. Therefore, even if party consisted of multiple people who had quest at the start, whoever completed quest in first run could not accompany the others to help them complete on subsequent turn.

4. Sycholic

Sycholic Avatar

That was what I was expecting.
    unless there was more then one (spoiler) to get for the mish, they did something in the fragments quest to offset that issue by having like 50 quest items at/on the target as it advances the quest line itself. but that might been purely due to it being a public zone not party/solo *shrugs*

I would think that if they wished this to be a solo quest they would just have a 'solo' instance and party members just cant come with someone at all.

5. Canoes

Canoes Avatar

I experienced this issue today in a party of three. one one member could drop the barrier. one of the members had completed it before, i'll try to gain access with a two person party where neither of us had beat Nyrond

Sycholic likes this.
  6. Sycholic

Sycholic Avatar

The more tests the merrier...

7. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Bug submitted: 50309

Looks like the puzzle is only accessible by the first player to loot the bodies. We'll fix asap!

8. Sycholic

Sycholic Avatar

Thanks again! That was fun. :)

9. Sycholic

Sycholic Avatar

Update: Fixed as of #659

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.