Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed]Brigid does not consider quest complete, can not enter Estgard at all

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Sycholic, Sep 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sycholic

Sycholic Avatar

9/30/2017 5:04 PM
    Reproduction Rate: unknown
    Blocker? yes
    Details: Have already completed Path of Courage, Brigid (Capt of Norgard in Resolute) keeps telling me to travel to Harvest. I have a mission also telling me to use the boat outside of Harvest to travel to Estgard. Problem with that is you cant because since I already talked to Grannus he took Brigids Amulet of Testimony off me, and the guards at Estgard will not let me pass thru the gates into the town either.

add: Title might be deceptive... since now there is the new HV outskirts map... either way still got a serious issue with the quest line given I cant get into Estgard at all due to this.

Steps to Reproduce: will be hard only possible way I think this might be repo'd is by traveling via the ferryman inside Harvest to Estgard and before entering Valhold. I might have traveled back to Novia then used the boat outside Harvest2Estgard before doing such which then gave me the 'outside' travel and get approval.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4) System RAM: 8191
    GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R7 370 Series GPU RAM: 4074
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.665.Date.09.29.17
    Area: Novia_R6_City_Resolute
    Area Display Name: Resolute
    Loc: (-2.7, 77.4, -284.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfQ2l0eV9SZXNvbHV0ZXx8KC0yLjcxNiwgNzcuMzg3LCAtMjg0LjM1Nil8KDAsIC0wLjk5MiwgMCwgMC4xMjcpfDM3MC45NTcxfDE5LjM4ODA5fDUuMjMzNzQ3

Chat Logs:

[9/30/2017 4:59:38 PM] Knight-Captain of Norgard: I have told ye what thou must do. Go to Harvest, take a boat, and journey to Norgard, to the city of Valhold, and show the Titan of Courage what courage truly means. For anon, I hast much to think upon.

[9/30/2017 5:20:52 PM] Galli Hildison: No entry without proper papers! Norgard is at war and requires your aid!
    [9/30/2017 5:20:52 PM]
    [9/30/2017 5:20:55 PM] Sycholic: papers
    [9/30/2017 5:20:55 PM] Galli Hildison: Thou dost not possess the proper paperwork to enter the kingdom of Norgard!

This is due to the fact that I dont have the Amulet of Testimony on me anymore since I already gained passage by using the boat inside Harvest not the Overworld boat that links between the two.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

banner of courage is for completing the highvale outskirts scene. nothing to do with anyone in resolute.

3. Sycholic

Sycholic Avatar

Still doesnt change the fact I cant access Estgard, and to get the banners one is supposed to be given out by the initial quest giver for each path, which would be Brigid in this case. You go from HV to Resolute you dont even go into HVO, HVO didnt even exist when this was completed. So again still stands as stated, unless you telling me Brigid is also in the outskirts... Banner or not, this bug going on far too long now... (look at the date in the photo)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Brigid is not in the Highvale Outkskirts (HVO). The Banner of Courage quest line is self-contained in the HVO. I started it this past Thursday night and finished it Friday. I completed the main storyline in early R45. The bug concerning the Courage quest line not being properly cleared/recognized as complete by the NPC's involved in it is a separate issue. I've reported a related bug.

Sycholic likes this.
  5. Sycholic

Sycholic Avatar

Yeah I reported this also think back in R44... even if its not Banner specific the bug still is a major blocker given I cant go into a whole town due to this....

Easy fix would be a Dev gives me another of Brigid's amulets of testimony and see where it goes from there... hopefully it'll just kill that quest and not keep chaining along to the next location (hopefully since its already done...)

6. Sycholic

Sycholic Avatar

7. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

If you've completed the path of courage and received the artifact, even if those quests are they can't be done again. The fact that they appear in your task list is a bug. Just gnore them. Hey will go go away when you reset the quests and should only come back when you do the steps again after the reset.

8. Sycholic

Sycholic Avatar

No you dont get it I can not enter Estgard. you cant 'ignore' it. Title is wrong problem is falling back to a older bug. Title of the report is due only to someone said you get the banners from the people who give you the starting for the path's. (only HVO doesnt do this.) sadly you cant rename titles...

9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

click thread tools to the upper right of the first post

Sycholic likes this.
  10. Sycholic

Sycholic Avatar

oooh interesting first Xenforo forum that even seen allowing that, given the title is part of the link.... :oops:

11. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

There is nothing blocking you or anyone else from entering Estgard. The guards keeping the gates locked was removed some time previously.

Beli likes this.
  12. Sycholic

Sycholic Avatar

I'll have to check again but the wouldnt let me thru... if they dont I'll report back but this is the 3rd time (tried @ r46, r45, and 44)

13. joehuddleston

joehuddleston Avatar

Sorry to necro a thread, but I'm in the same issue, where there's no apparent way to complete the "Travel to Estgard" task. Do I just have to ignore it until such time as I can clear my quest log? Why isn't there a fix for this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.