Wish: Please could we have a row house with a market stall antechamber?

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Spoon, Sep 28, 2017.

?

Agree?

1. Yes.

90.3%
  2. No.

4.2%
  3. Why?

1.4%
  4. Fnord

4.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

*tongue in cheek*

Post removed because even though the post was marked as tongue in cheek it was still misunderstood.

*tongue in cheek*

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    Rufus D`Asperdi and Numa like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

The word Fnord will subconsciously make your mind pick the correct answer, so if you have to ask then you clearly are not human but rather something more aquatic.
    o_O

Rufus D`Asperdi and Numa like this.
  3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

The concept of shops and store fronts has been asked since day one.

Why you feel compelled to try to take credit for this idea as your own is beyond me. It's pretty much a universal ask by the community. Could we please have store front housing?

Here's @Miracle Dragon asking for the same thing in 2013.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...le-additional-pledge-tiers-to-fill-gaps.4111/
    Since your first post on these forums wasn't made until Aug. 31 2014, I don't blame you for not remembering this. But perhaps before you make a big deal about something being your idea you'll consider that other people were here long before you and they also had ideas. The Nov. 2013 date listed above is probably not the first occurrence of that idea being thought of. It's a very popular and intuitive thing, merchant store fronts.

4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

5. Drocis the Devious

I find it difficult to accept something with specific links as tongue and cheek. It's kind of like reading something Ann Coulter says as tongue and cheek.

Glad we're in agreement about the content in the OP though. It's a great idea, it's always been a great idea.

6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Uhm, but it said so, right there in the post? I wrote it first then thought that it could be misunderstood so I added it to the top of the post so that it wouldn't be:
    Now agreed there is a misspelling there but still, if a post says tongue in cheek then one might want to consider that it actually might be.
    :p
    In retrospect I could have colored that so that it stood out more
    *tongue in cheek*
    it wasn't like it was a good pun anyway.

But I thought it would be obvious since this is circular reasoning at its best:
    It was the opposite to what I'm saying here since it is a catch 22.
    My statement there must be false since if there wasn't a request for close urban requirement then there wouldn't have been a reason to make rows in the first place. Ergo the idea must be older than the creation of the row.

Yea.
    I think it got scrapped since the row houses aren't meant to have lots of outside area due to the culling thing. But with this antechamber thing then even with the 5 deco limit one could still make it much nicer than what we have today.

I still believe it would be popular with the merchant bundles just like you pointed out.

Maybe they could combine the ancient/roman bundles with a more merchant oriented architecture? That would make those have two markets converging.

7. Drocis the Devious

I have another theory.

I believe perhaps it's a marketing problem. If you make bundles or houses that are "merchant" related. The perception may be that you need those houses to compete in the higher levels of the economy. Thus, pay2win111!!!1!1

I can't think of another valid reason that they haven't made this type of housing.

8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Could very well be. I remember that such topics would soon be filled with wishful thinking in that direction with folks suggesting better than normal vendors and equipment that would give special bonuses or other such wishful thinking.

Where all I'd want out of such is just fluff with a practical angle like the idea in the OP or just deco items that are more merchant/crafter oriented.

9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Oh Jebuz... Just leave it be.
    Christ on a Stick, guys.

10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Spoon and BDF, even when they agree they must disagree on something...
    :D

[​IMG]

Numa likes this.
  11. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Bah someone had to ruin a historical unanimous vote. Killjoy!

Rennik likes this.
  12. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

It's true, I'm the one originally credited with the idea for merchant housing in SoTA. My ideas were so good that the team decided to extend the release date of the first episode, from 2014, indefinitely. So you can really thank me for everything designed and added to the game <2015-now>. ;-)

Numa and Spoon like this.
  13. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

@Spoon - the outdoor deco limit on a row house is pretty low to do what your suggesting, so that indoor/outdoor balance line being pushed back is just going to result in a bigger sparse looking area.

Alley Oop and Spoon like this.
  14. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Which is part of the point. Why similar ideas has been rejected by the devs before is because of the performance issues with row housing.

However if you have such an antechamber with a counter, then already without deco it looks and feels better.
    Then you don't need that much deco to make it much more immersive than what we've got now.

For instance if I sell armor I can place the vendor behind the counter, put 2-3 wares on the counter, a sign on the wall and place a blacksmith station behind the vendor.

If I sell food, cooking station, 3 dishes and a sign.

Etc.

It doesn't have to be that much more to increase the look and feel of a business.

(...and hopefully the limits will increase later. )

15. Rennik

Rennik Avatar

I know that —with large strings of row lots— having large amounts of exterior items on each row lot could bog the game engine down... but only 5 items? I get the limit on the rest (1 container, 1 NPC, 1 light source), but the next lot size up is Village, and it has 400 exterior objects and 6 lights?? What a huge jump! Even increasing the Row Lot exterior deco limit to 40 objects or so would be feasible, and wold help those with the "Row Home with Market Stall" (or whatever they call it, it's still an AMAZING idea) be able to build out their little antechamber like a legit shop! I can't like this idea enough! Come @DarkStarr , let's make this happen!!! :D

Miracle Dragon and Spoon like this.
  16. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Very much agreed, just going up to 10-20 would help immensely.

But I'm fine with that coming later. Though with the antechamber market stall that would have an immediate improvement regardless of the deco limit. So that I want yesteryear.
    :p

Miracle Dragon and Rennik like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.