1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

R46 Postmortem Missed Questions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Oct 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

then there wouldn't be much reason to bind to a lot I guess?

I had an idea for a lesser/greater recall spell ... it would be a weight restricted Air spell. As long as your inventory was relatively empty you could recall to a marked location. The Mark spell would be Earth based and require you to be overloaded - then you could cast the mark spell, mark a rune and add it to a rune book. The Bind to lot function (normal recall scroll) would have no weight restriction.

Another idea would be putting a range restriction on the air spell so that it scales with your skill.. the higher the skill the more available the marked runes would be in your runebook. Lower skills means you'd have to travel more until you get in range, then recall.

Peabo likes this.
  2. Nataurz

Nataurz Avatar

I cannot understand how you can be so against other players traveling from one place to another quickly. How does what they do affect you? You do not have to follow suit. No one cares if you roleplay your way from point A via point Z to get to point B. Everyone is entitled to play how they want. I think you need to take a step back and think about what is important in life and what is not. Throwing every available asset against the implementation of part of the game you do not have to partake in is a pretty ridiculous statement. Quitting a game(which is what a deal breaker for me statement implies) is just mind boggling.

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I'm guessing this means scrap a Lesser healing potion to get some of the makings for a Greater Healing Potion.

Spoon and Ancev like this.
  4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

What makes me think that? Post #1 , Post #2 and Post #3 .

discipleofweb and Alley Oop like this.
  5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I don't want to see rune books here. Honestly, it is too easy to travel now. This isn't the thread to discuss this, but the friends list should not be a big set of teleport targets.

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Sir Grant likes this.
  7. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

As is the ability to learn the emote after finishing the quest, as of this release.

Pretend I'm Starr telling you to bug report these things here!

8. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Oooo, I see a story-line, here! Floranator: The Tossing!

9. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Now this opens a door or book as it were.

@DarkStarr

Will this create the possibility that we will be able to craft spell books for possibly in hand use that will have bonuses and such?

Also

If craftable is the answer then could we be allowed to craft a large... VERY LARGE spell book that would sit on a pedestal or table that would be an awesome deco item? Able to still place spells in it and possible add a lighting effect to a room or possibly fog etc etc?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  10. Numa

Numa Avatar

Two thumbs up for the talking sword idea. A bit of AI in weapons wouldn't hurt. Think of the elven swords in LOTR which glow blue whenever orcs are around.

Old Man Tempest likes this.
  11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there's something like that already supposed to be implemented, though the tech isn't in

Numa likes this.
  12. Nemesis2

Nemesis2 Avatar

WHY penalize PVE players you'll just drive them away doing crap like this?
    YOU SHOULD NOT GET A BONUS, for Doing PVP things, in a PVE area, nor should you penalize PVE players. I can gaurantee you this will detriment the game.

Chatele and Mykll like this.
  13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Because they want to encourage people to try PvP. This has been the plan for as long as I remember... The story takes the shortest route through PvP areas at some points, however there is a PvE Alternative route for those that wish to abstain...
    Please don't be a Doomsayer. Every decision they make will be a bad one in someone's eyes. People tend to believe they are in the majority on every issues. It's human nature.

Sean Silverfoot and Numa like this.
  14. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Puuk & @Lum the Mad

Here's a suggestion for this concept, which I like! Instead of spending time on new tech - why not use what's already existing .. all the NPCs already in-game!

Have NPCs tell you about the surrounding area, in a creative way - and perhaps stick a quest or 2 in there as well.. even if it's a basic fetch quest.

For example, in Kingsport, an NPC could be like "Careful outlander - I heard the undead in Deep Ravenswood were growing in strength.. come to think of it, it's been a long time since I heard from that family living out there.."

..and if possible, have your adventurer level (like how the quests in your Journal indicate a difficulty) determine a further dialog from the NPC, with a set of responses.. for easy, medium, hard, very hard, impossible:
    " That area should be no challenge for the likes of you!"

" You look like you could handle yourself well enough.."

" That area should prove a significant challenge, but I think you might survive..maybe"

" If I were you, I wouldn't go there alone..unless you're looking for trouble.."

"I would avoid that area at all costs, if I was you..."

...etc..

15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Most of the crypt entrances in the PvP zones are not easy to find. Saying that it's shorter, faster or easier is a mischaracterization.

Numa and discipleofweb like this.
  16. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Thank you, Barugon. I wouldn't have known that having never been in a PvP+ Zone.

Barugon likes this.
  17. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I truly hope they are not planning to force me into PVP by making stuff I need and quest, in PVP zones only, or that I'd have to go thru a PVP zone to get to where I need to go ..... PVP should have no effects on PVE at all and visa versa .... Not everyone wants to PVP. And those of you who do, well go to the already existing PVP zones, made just for you. If it is Port's plan to force us there, well, they will lose a lot of players .... AND if that is their plan, let me know, so I can find another game to play and not waste any further time here .... I hate PVP .... I am stating this because I have been told by many players to get used to it, because it is Port's plan to eventually make it so you would have to PVP some time in order to progress .... and I thought we would not be forced to pvp ever.... "FORCED to me means, having to go to a PVP zone for what ever reason when I don't want to in order to finish quests etc". Just saying ....

18. istyrl

istyrl Avatar

Well then you would not finish that quest, I believe dev will need to make sure that these quests are not part of the main story line, but a bit as parallel story lines. I am not a true "PvPer" but I am definitely not against the idea of having to go to some pvp areas to get some fancy quests done. Brings a bit of excitement to put my life and (limited, we know how to avoid being looted major items don't we? ;) )) stuff at risk, and I see worlds of RP opportunity, by hiring mercenaries PvPers to help me out if anything goes wrong...And again as i already argued some time ago in a forum post, if we RP, isn't pvp indeed a part of it ? ;)
    As for having to go through PvP zones to access PVE zones, it is already the case in krull for example...

19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I went to Krull the other day and did not have to go through a PvP zone. The Devs are aware of players who refuse to participate in any pvp. It should not cross the line here.. True there are some areas for PvP only and nothing wrong with having PvP quests for those who are ok doing them, but quests should be marked with a warning so those who don't want to have anything to do with anything related to PvP can avoid them. I do think there should be something for everyone so warnings are needed if a particular quest would do anything like that.

Numa, Ancev and Mykll like this.
  20. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I agree Majoria. ..... I would like to know b4 I start any quest if it will eventually lead me to go to a pvp zone so I can avoid it all together... Let them make quest for the pvp peeps, for pvp zones, but not make it so the only way to get the pvp quest reward items, is to pvp, "unless they make the pvp quest rewards benfits, for pvp play only, and would not work outside of the pvp zones". That would be a win win situation and make it more enjoyable for the pvp peeps, and not take away from the non pvp peeps ....

Mykll likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.