Bi-monthly telethons?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hammadowna, Oct 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

I am glad to hear the next telethon will be on the 3rd of November! Does this mean we'll be having telethons somewhat closer together than the monthly telethons originally outlined? I hope to hang out with the devs right before Thanksgiving too!

I'll be super ecstatic if that's the case! I love hanging out with the devs, even if it's just virtually. I'll have to setup a time to come to Austin sometime to see everyone in person.

Let's get to 100k on November 3rd, everyone! Maybe have that sweet ice staff idea for the 100k reward?

2. Draugur2

Draugur2 Avatar

End of the year there are shorter releases, that's why it seems so close to the last one.

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Nope. The telethons have the old spot of the post mortems, so they are scheduled after the releases. Then like Draugur says, in NOV and DEC there are shorter release cycles:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=35475

With monthly telethons I doubt we will reach 100k again. People don't have that much more money to spend just because we have more telethons. So instead the money is spread out.

FrostII, Mykll, Sir Cabirus and 3 others like this.
  4. oplek

oplek Avatar

I'd also point out that they schedule the telethons when they can... so unless they're exactly 30-31 days apart, two may appear to be closer to each other than normal.

5. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I thought the plan was for the team to go dark after Thanksgiving so the short release cycle will prepare for work instead of drinking and hanging out with you (plural) it's time to get things tightened up. They aren't going to be screwing around to entertain people. They are putting out a product for worldwide release and not have their families kill them in their sleep. I'm for the team being able to have the holidays. Even though they have a lot of work to do. This game can wait till after the holidays. Even if they fix the shameful framerates and laughable questing (which probably won't happen by Xmas) it is not worth sacrificing people over this.
    We're better off not burning these guys out even more. We need a solid release not Xmas themed cash shop items.

Sir Cabirus likes this.
  6. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

No time. They have a game to build. Monthly is plenty.

7. Draugur2

Draugur2 Avatar

@3devious They have all the way up to R49 on schedule. I expect them to go "dark" in Jan.

3devious likes this.
  8. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

I'm an optimist and am now thinking more along the lines of new and returning players with respect to the telethons. We veterans are the perfect people to encourage them to get involved, understand what to expect, not miss opportunities, and join the Telethon/Post-mortem fun!

We can focus our efforts on educating/informing new and returning players of the telethons that are good for:
    • Great Q&A between devs an players: players hear things that are CURRENT and they don't need to scour the forums for information and answers.
    • Great discounts in the add-on store: players can get their emotes, cloaks, armor, more ... AND buy some lot deeds and housing - plenty of room in PRTs/POTs to get started with a house to enhance their adventuring careers.
    • Great community involvement: players chat in the discord/twitch, participate in game at community parties, etc.
    • Great video to watch: players see the devs' enthusiasm, playfulness, and seriousness too about the game.
    We want to achieve 80K or even 100K? We can get out and INFORM the new and returning players (who may not read these forums or skip weekly announcements emails).

We are the ambassadors.
    Let people know about the Post-mortem and Telethon in game and via guilds, social media, and friends.

v/r
    -- Winfield

Sean Silverfoot and jammaplaya like this.
  9. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The R46 and R47 telethons are a wee bit closer together because we're working around the holidays, so no plans to have more overall. We love hanging out with the community too, so maybe we just need more livestreams in general! :)

10. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

And people love 1 day rares, portal loves money so its a win win.

Sempiternal Dragon likes this.
  11. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

+1 and ty for the reply to the thread!

Sempiternal Dragon likes this.
  12. 3devious

3devious Avatar

As an avid watcher of Lunch with Laz and Jack I get a bit of an idea oof how much work you guys put into the telethons. It may look like a bunch of people goofing around on the internet but our lives streams are no small task. The families of the team really deserve a shoutout and anything else you can do for them.

Winfield likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.