Healing Grace

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Cryodacry, Sep 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Healing Grace

Can we get an option to turn off the spell effect of this spell as it is blinding for melee. Or atleast to tone it down. It's hard to see around the effects of the spell in tight spaces as a melee. ( the general subject of the spell )

Don't get me wrong it looks good but it is too much. Other spells their effects end. The persisting ball of light from healing grace is just too much

FrostII, Nelzie, Numa and 1 other person like this.
  2. RoStudios

RoStudios Avatar

Yeah, Grace and Soothing can get a bit much on a tank or melee. Would be nice to just have the effect go off once at the start, then stop. I cast both on players very often. It gets distracting for them.

3. Anabolicus

Anabolicus Avatar

same problem with buffs like Celestial Blessing....u cant see anything at all when activated

FrostII and Nelzie like this.
  4. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

tis the reason I run nightvision alot, dont know it it works with healing grace tho

I do want this to be worked on and reduce them all dramatically, we look super silly buffed up :/ well due to dyes etc many people do at all times thus forcing me to SPO but thats another discussion.

5. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

I would agree, it's not good as a healer either I find, because of the extensive glare it causes.
    Healing blast also costs the melee player a lot of vision as typically after a cast I see a bright ball with legs, I can only imagine the visibility cost is risky if you're tanking.

I would like the option to disable spell effects as a whole. Or a sliding scale even.

FrostII, Nelzie and Cryodacry like this.
  6. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Elysian Illumination ABSOLUTELY must be added to the list of spells to chunk off.

If it's bright daylight and outdoors... no big deal. It becomes night or I'm inside a mine, tunnel system, crypt, dungeon... the spell is TERRIBLE visually. I can't see a damn thing.

Either shrink it down to a tiny halo around the character's head or please put in an option to shut off most spell effects.

FrostII likes this.
  7. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

i use al of them, it was discussed some month ago and to some degree its intedend that there is a negative effect to it, sight is somehow influenced.
    For ranged its also hart to see targets what arent very close to you and in the radius of the spells, to me healing grace is the most acceptable, zoom or pan out your cam as much as possible, ok bad for indoor fights - i know.
    Celestial looks cool, but i agree we in total "shine" too much :)

I dont disagree if HoT's what are powerfull while in combat ( cast them all three before going in a hard fight, having gear that longes the duration of Soothing for example is like countering damage. Don't do this often, but sometimes it saved my ass.

edit: learn to play "blind" :p;)

8. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

I know somebody who used to have to play with their eyes shut because of excessive graphics being a seizure risk.
    It's interesting but apparently possible...

9. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I don't get why impairing visuals is an intended effect and "penalty" for having Heals over Time that barely offset the majority of damage being tossed one's way.

10. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

Well for the illumination spell it does make a bit of sense, as it is sun magic it's not as effective out of the sunlight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.