Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Highvale outskirts - Wet work - Shamen won't take book

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Sir Grant, Oct 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Grant

Sir Grant Avatar

10/27/2017 11:38 PM
    Title: Wet work- Shamen won't take book
    Reproduction Rate: tried several times, logged out, still nothing, rebooted computer, still nothing.
    Blocker? Blocks this quest, yes
    Details: Completed task (use back door to mine, unlock barrier, got book). Got to the trade screen, couldn't complete trade.
    Steps to Reproduce: see above

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4) System RAM: 8143
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.683.Date.10.27.17
    Area: Novia_R6_Hills04_01
    Area Display Name: Highvale Outskirts
    Loc: (-314.4, 17.6, -341.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfSGlsbHMwNF8wMXx8KC0zMTQuMzg4LCAxNy42MjIsIC0zNDEuNTQ2KXwoMCwgLTAuNzEyLCAwLCAwLjcwMyl8LTczMC42NzYzfDMzLjMwMDY3fDM=

2. Sir Grant

Sir Grant Avatar

Deleted book, reaquired book and got past that stage. Still not good for a new user experience.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Sir Grant
    Were you getting any error message when you couldn't trade the book? You would click the trade button and nothing would happen?
    I cannot repro but yeah, we don't want players having problems trading. Did you get the book and immediately go back to turn it in? I wonder what may be causing this.

4. Sir Grant

Sir Grant Avatar

It's been a bit, but I believe that the trade window would open, I could select the book, but the trade button did nothing. No error messages. I might have had the book first before the quest, got the quest and went after the book again. So when I went to turn it in, I had 2 books. After I deleted it and went to complete the quest again, it worked. Thanks for responding!

5. Addle

Addle Avatar

I had this issue, and yeah, I had two books. Since the name is super long, I couldn't see the count of the number of books, so I didn't notice. So to be clear, if anyone ends up here with that issue, you probably have two books. Ctrl+drag one when handing it in, and you should be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.