The dev quotes I hope I never hear again.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Poor game design, Jul 10, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

That is the nature of the beast....
    Nothing has or will change in that regard.
    Hey, how bout you can only flag PvP if you are in a group...

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

We have selective multiplayer for a reason, why don't we use it?

It would be so easy to create 1v1, 2v2, 8v8, 20v20 areas. I don't see the downside of doing this.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  3. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Your forgetting that there are PVE alternatives to the control points There's always a longer walk with lower risk, so no worries there...

4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

And its clearly working so well, demonstrated by the massive amount of PVP players and arenas setup by players ATM to ulitize this Groundbreaking style of game.

The selective multiplayer currently coded into game is a joke ... Theres a reason thers maybe 20 people tops who have a PVP flag on their names.. 10 + of those being in the top 5% of most EXP in game.

LiquidBlaze and Sir_Hemlock like this.
  5. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

I play a fair bit solo pvm in the ruins and shardfalls because I like the scenes. Very seldom do I meet another player, but when it happens it's a thrill to fight it out. The regular pvpers kill me easy but that's fine, still fun. Unless I get jumped by two high levels and die before I even understand what happened. ;) I don't like pvp as a sport where you meet at an arena and fight as a "game". For me it should be more unexpected and rare, a chance encounter and a fight to the death.

But right now it's definitely too rare even for me. One reason might be that the pvp zones are not actually rewarding grinding spots even when all alone (unless you need obsidian chips). The exp is only so so because monster density is kinda low. The loot is nothing special either, I can make gold faster in other zones. Maybe it could be upped just a tiny bit to get more players like me, who mostly play pvm but doesn't mind some pvp now and then?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  6. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

We had a quite long discussion about exactly that in Discord with @Vas Corp Por . I pointed out that maybe THIS could be core of the PVP hour in the telethons. Because frankly that is what should have been discussed day one... and not make PVP talk a combat mechanics talk.

Hornpipe, Vas Corp Por and Bow Vale like this.
  7. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

Make a free POT, put in really cool npc buildings and tax free lots. Make the town the gateway into some cool unique resource. Make it so the Governor can't ban, and the governor is the leader of whatever guild can hold a feature of the town.

8. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Same here. I've thought about PvP. Even risked going to Verdantis Shardfall. After fighting the local mobs and THEN getting attacked by another player, I just ran and didn't bother to come back. The risk is high with the rewards being very low. I can gather resources elsewhere and only have to worry about the local mobs.

If the resources were high then it would make sense to brave it (or any other PvP zone). Or even get rid of the mobs, then I'd have to worry about other players. That would be a good risk/reward balance.

As it stands, there is no reason other than attacking other players after they have been attacked by the local mobs.

IMO, there isn't sufficient rewards to bother risking it.

Elwyn and LiquidBlaze like this.
  9. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

Make an assortment of special high loot npc (e.g. Assassin) that occasionally appear near and selectively target flagged players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.