Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Deep Ravenswood - why does it remain the one place that seems to be the "Place to Go"??

Discussion in 'Release 47 Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, Oct 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I know there are monkies and other places that get farmed but elites or groups that have gotten stronger and you could say have outgrown DR, BUT it still remains as the best, by far, place to mid to high level players to just go grind out.

It has the variety of the highest Tiers of Wolves, Bears, Spider, it has Liches . . . . I mean really this has not changed and they are in such numbers that t player just walk in a circle killing everything and they can acquire almost everything one could want from harvesting / looting kills.

One would have thought that with release 48 more varied location / variety would be made to get players to move and venture into different places.

There is no need to talk about the Rise or Fall I know what is in there and so does everyone else but the step from DR up is quite large

Aldo and FrostII like this.
  2. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I agree wholeheartedly. The devs would be well served to analyze DR for design clues as they upgrade other adventure areas.

FrostII likes this.
  3. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

I been impressed with the new lower level uncloned scenes so I am hoping they will continue those quality ty changes on the 4 and 5 scenes

Aldo likes this.
  4. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Yes, rather than going into Deep Ravenswood and "toning it down".

losludvig, Aldo, Mishikal and 2 others like this.
  5. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I despise DR... have from day 1... the zone is boring as hell. I was enjoying the complexity of Kobold Expenditionary mine, it was a never stand still zone. I'm in other screen typing this now, because they nerfed it so much and made mobs rubberband, I can not even be in screen.

Give me more manic waves of enemy... where I have to run... use terrain... and fight for my grind. Enough grindy borefests. Give back the intensity of the old KBEC!

Aldo likes this.
  6. Gix

Gix Avatar

While there is truth to what you say and they should modify the zone, it's not the complete story:

Deep Ravenswood is popular the same way Owl's Head is still a popular town despite Novia's existence or that World of Warcraft's general chat is still filled with "WTB" and "WTS" spam even though it had a trade channel for years.

That's all Players had at one time and Players are creatures of habit.

From personal experience (although I doubt I'm alone), the game taught me that exploring = death and going from zone to zone trying to find some place nice isn't very fun (and loading times don't help)... so there's very little incentive to spread out to other areas.

Elwyn and losludvig like this.
  7. Rennik

Rennik Avatar

For me, Deep Ravenswood was always a good balance of everything I most often use or need. Obsidian Bears and Wolves, Patriarch Bears, various levels of skeletons and Liches, spiders. Also, the zone isn't confusing or a rat's maze to traverse, making it easy to hunt without getting lost. I rarely hunt there now unless I need Obsidian Bear Meat or the like.... but it's a great area for those mid-to-high level grinds.

Aldo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.