I have no idea how equipment works...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vallin Tregres, Nov 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

I've been running around with my guild-worked armor and bow for 90% of my playtime. Given that I lack a belt and another slot I don't know what's for I'm sure I'm quite below optimization. However, rather than look into boosting my Archery attributes I wanted to role a Mage character and were interested in what builds were available and what skills on different armors I should be gunning for.

[​IMG]
    ^ Me now... :(

[​IMG]
    ^ Want! :eek:

Disgruntled and Sorthious like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Dammit! I'm missing a belt too!

3. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

It will partly depend on what type of mage you want to be, but generally speaking, and from my own preferences, I try to add INT, Spell Critical Hit Chance(SCC), Focus % increases. On your Wand/Staves you will want Spell/Spell Critical Damage Increases. Also, different materials give different attributes on wands. I stick with Pine Wands for the SCC increase. Depending on the school of magic you focus on, you can socket your Chest piece, wands/staves, and jewelry with a Gem/Jewel for the damage type you wish to use. Conversely, you can socket those items with a Ward Gem/Jewel which can be used if you would rather focus on resistance to a particular type of damage rather than an attunement increase for your chosen school of magic.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

belts are not in game yet, except as artifacts.

5. null2

null2 Avatar

This might help. A two hour video I did a few months ago. I drone on about gear for 2 hours

6. PhantasmalX2

PhantasmalX2 Avatar

I'm interested in Want/Shield combo if that sounds right. How big of an impact on fizzle chance does the shield have?

7. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Not much. A friend of mine wears cloth with a wand and shield and has virtually no fizzle to any of her spells. I don't have the exact numbers but she has no problems.

8. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

What kind of stats can be put on shields? I've not really looked much into the craft system, mainly carpentry to decorate my theatre, but I'm assuming there's not much you can do with the Dark Elven Kinsman Buckler from the add-on store. I don't see a pattern that can be obtained from it and doubt stats can be put on it. I don't have many spells beyond some free to cast Air magic. so I can't say how much my Leather armor effects my fizzle chance. I notice a steep drop in % when I equip my bow.

9. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I dont think the elven buckler can be enchanted or turned into a pattern.. which is a shame because I love the looks of it.

10. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

edit: had only read half the post above, duh.

Doesnt it have an endless pattern if you salvage it?

11. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

if you hover over your gear it will say how much %fizzle will increase. Shields add 10%, shield and cloth works fine :)
    contact me in game and I can make some shields for you. I am Halvard Fimbultyr in game

12. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

A few months ago, a friend who had one said there was no pattern available for it.. not sure if the devs added one to it since then. I hope they did!

Disgruntled likes this.
  13. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

are the bucklers a drop....that would be nice to get

14. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Not the elven buckler. Add on store only but I think only 5 dollars. It's a great looking shield!

15. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

You honestly dont really need any gear. I run around farming in store gear now and really dont feel any different then running my old +13 gear in normal every day farming higher level stuff (such as the 2400 hp mobs in Ulfane).

16. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Seems like adventurer level , Dex, and defensive passives are probably 80% of a player's ability to resist, avoid, etc. The other 20% is the gear. That's how I feel it plays out, anyway. Not actual math here. After a while, you can just run around naked and fight things, as long as you have the main defensive buffs leveled up to 80ish. Gear helps, but it seems to be a small part of how truly resistant you can be.

17. Patchup

Patchup Avatar

The knowledge of crafting belts was lost during the cataclysm. This is why all belts are artifacts.

By Tor and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.