Salvaging gives Bow Staves ? ? Why? Why was any thought even give to it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Nov 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Soo I just sat here and salvaged over 350 wooden items - not expecting anything but scrap and of course the mindless time sink. Sure I did gain 2 and a 1/4 levels but

Anyhow I get done and go to thow the scrap in Crafting Chest and I see I now has 3 Pine and 3 Maple Bow Staves ?????????

So I have to ask who is it that looked Salvaging, a skill there players say anything positive about it. It is mindless and could give me a Patterns - whhooo hoooo. But at least the scraps are usable to offset some or the even more confusing cost of materials to make things.

Back on thought, how / why is it that someone decided to change something from just scraps to give a players something they cannot use. I have zero use for either of those, they cannot be broken down again, they are a WASTE. (sure someone can use them or I could sell them but why??????)

I mean really is this how time and effort is spent ? Creating even more duldrums and counter productiveness for the players? Sure some one, some where porb is saying Yeah, but I can pretty much guarantee that the majority of us crafters could care less, and the srcap holds a much greater value than such a low grade intermediate crafting item.

Any effort spent making that change could have been placed to give us something soo much more.

Does anyone see a value in it?????

I am sure someone asked for it, just like the Keep walls?

2. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

I see value in it. Lots do. I think it's great for easy, quick throw away gear when farming low levels, or starting gear for new players.

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I am personally all for getting parts that make perfect sense to get from salvage. Especially when those parts cost a lot of resources to make. If I can't use them I'll sell them. Gold is useful too.

4. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Don't you still get scraps when you get something else anyway?

5. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I like the components from salvaging, but I think there should be the option to salvage the components further.

Weins201 likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Right click, Destroy Item(s). Problem solved.

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

So... what I'm hearing is "This isn't good for me, sure someone can use it, but since it's not good for me it's a WASTE."

Another option other than Right Click -> Destroy: Sell them at Crafting Tutoring events for a bit under their component cost. People who want to make one more bow but are out of materials will buy them.

Short Bowstave crafting cost: 191
    Long Bowstave crafting cost: 625

Spoon, Nikko, Halfwitte and 8 others like this.
  8. Gerugon

Gerugon Avatar

Make subcomponents salvagable without exp yield maybe? But only if its done in a few clicks, devs shouldnt work on it otherwise till other stuff is done =)

Nikko and Weins201 like this.
  9. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Pretty much, I want more components they can keep the scrap :/

10. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

No offense, but sometimes you have to look past yourself and see others might enjoy it. YOU will not enjoy everything about this game. So here is some advice. Instead of making all these posts ranting, why not make some with some thought and logic behind them, in other words come up with cool ideas and thoughts that could actually help the game.
    Negativity just makes a person look bad and get ignored. Just some friendly advice to chew on.

11. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

you just need to assemble/masterwork and enchant, so broken!!! it saves a loot of time, but what about the raw materials used in the process ?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  12. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Too funny. You scrap for the soul purpose of getting patterns or strings and you get bow staves. Ooops. Look before you scrap. There is a way to see what is gonna give you something. Just cause it is meaningless to you doesnt mean it is for others. Sell it, destroy it or store it for later. Never know you might need those bow staves later down the road.

13. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

:eek: - “I have weaponized this chair!”

o_O - “Dude... That’s just it’s leg.”

:eek: - “I have made this chair 4X as deadly!”

Spoon likes this.
  14. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Wait... people are actually obtaining sub-components from salvaging? I haven't seen one yet.

Is this related to Salvaging Skill level, perhaps? I'm hitting close to 70 in a few different Salvaging skills. Anyone run some numbers on this?

15. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

How so?

Weins201 likes this.
  16. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Haven't run any numbers but, I'm getting the sense that I'm really starting to see more components and patterns in the 80+ skill range. (though it's probably based on proficiency so an expert table may be helpful)

Nelzie likes this.
  17. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

In my experience it's not necessarily true that you can tell what you'll get.. BUT.. I have noticed this with the weapons. If it has a high durability (both max and current).. have a look at its stats and you'll see some bonuses. In theory, these are the ones that have a chance to give you components.

That said, I have gotten imbued bow strings from 'regular' (low durability w/ no bonuses) bows. So either it's not a perfect indicator or the system isn't working properly.

18. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

And at least the components are something when you blow up your meteoric iron sword on the the third masterwork. I'm all for more components dropping.

Yes. Level up some more or try an obsidian potion of reclamation.

Nelzie likes this.
  19. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

and of course as I said

Some are going to come in and say - yeah"

Can anyone tell me they have crafted a Pine or maple bow?

The major point was made and two actually got it - time was spent on changing something that really has no viable purpose.

There is NO was to see what something "MIGHTT" become sure it is a bow you might be able to get components for a bow but if I wanted to salvage for bow parts then it should be on OPTION and not a random crap drop.

But NP, sadly those that actually want to create the game that was intuitive, creative, and with a meaningful crafting concept have pretty much gave up and all that is left commenting here are one who accept mediocrity.

Make / Design / Deliver systems players can work with to actually end up with a player generated economy that works.

This is last comment from me on this topic, it is a dead end from here the two side are not going to meet and in the end I will come back in a few months and say ITYS.

20. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Yes. Many of them. Still not sure what you're upset about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.