Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Falling through the basement floor

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by mollyjaal, Nov 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mollyjaal

mollyjaal Avatar

11/16/2017 7:13 PM
    Title: Falling through the basement floor
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce: Happens every time I enter my basement
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4) System RAM: 8131
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 GPU RAM: 4062
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.693.Date.11.15.17
    Area: BasementScenePrisonRow_2Floor
    Area Display Name: Row Stone Prison 2-Story Basement
    Loc: (3.2, -295.0, 6.9)
    Debug: QmFzZW1lbnRTY2VuZVByaXNvblJvd18yRmxvb3J8fCgzLjE5MSwgLTI5NS4wMzYsIDYuODg1KXwoMCwgLTAuNzA3LCAwLCAwLjcwNyl8NDA3Ljk5MTd8NTQuNTgyOTV8Ni41MDE3MTM=

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@mollyjaal
    Can you use /loc right outside your basement hatch for me please? I'd like to test but I have to be from a position outside of the basement, which is its own separate instance. Thanks!

I see you are on windows 10. That may be related to this. To help workaround this in the meantime (if it is the issue i think it might be) please try the following:

1. When using Windows 10 to play Shroud of the Avatar, some users are experiencing intermittent sound hitching and terrain glitches. A potential workaround that sometimes helps when experiencing these issues is to run the game in Windows 8 compatibility mode. Instructions for running SotA in Windows 8 compatibility mode are below.
    1. Use Windows Explorer to navigate to your installation directory and find the "Shroud of the Avatar.exe" file.
    1. If you are playing through the launcher, the default location is either C:\Program Files (x86)\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar.exe or C:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar.exe.
    2. If you are playing through Steam, the default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SotA\Shroud of the Avatar.exe.
    1. Right-click your "Shroud of the Avatar.exe" file and select the “Properties” option.
    2. In the “Properties” window, select the Compatibility tab.
    3. In the Compatability tab, check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select “Windows 8” from the dropdown menu.
    4. Click “OK” at the bottom of the “Properties” window.
    5. When you next run the game, it will be running in compatibility mode.

mollyjaal likes this.
  3. mollyjaal

mollyjaal Avatar

Area: Crossroads (POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Crossroads) Loc: (-34.7, 36.0, -247.0) DBG: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfENyb3Nzcm9hZHN8KC0zNC43MjgsIDM2LjAwMywgLTI0Ny4wMjYpfCgwLCAwLjk5MywgMCwgLTAuMTIyKXwxOTcuNTIzN3w1My45MzYxNHw2LjU0NTEzOA==

Lexie likes this.
  4. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Just a note re previous problems with this. OP should check to see if any deco is near the ladder. I resolved my basement fall through by rearranging my crafting tables, (especially the blacksmith table) away from the walls and ladder. The client was trying to load me into an object causing the scene fall out.

mollyjaal and Lexie like this.
  5. mollyjaal

mollyjaal Avatar

My smelting table is next to the ladder... thx for that information :)

6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@mollyjaal
    We can repro on live but not on the next upcoming build. This is a good sign that this issue is specific to the current build number. But please let us know if it continues in any way after the next patch.

7. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Is this issue occurring in latest?

8. mollyjaal

mollyjaal Avatar

no, it works fine now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.