Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Cannot heal to full health

Discussion in 'Player Characters, Animations, & Emotes' started by SpaceNinjaPirate, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpaceNinjaPirate

SpaceNinjaPirate Avatar

11/17/2017 6:47 PM
    Title: Cannot heal to full health
    Reproduction Rate: I will admit I haven't been watching my health as closely for this problem all the time, but so far I've noticed it a couple times since the R48 update.
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: After battling the baddies for a while in a scene I noticed my health topping out at an amount less than my maximum health (in this case, 380/384). Heal spells do not help and I do not appear to be suffering the effect of any sort of ailment at least according to the buff/debuff icons. Exiting the scene resets my health so it is no longer an issue upon re-entry. So far, I've noticed this is not scene specific because it has happened in both Greymark Forest and Deep Ravenswood. If I had to guess, I would say this is possibly due to a rounding error that crops up over time.
    Steps to Reproduce: Fight, get damaged, get healed in a zone for a while. If it makes any difference, my water elemental did most of the healing on me. That's about the only advice I can give to reproduce it.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32710
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GPU RAM: 8087
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.696.Date.11.17.17
    Area: HiddenVale_Forest02_Tier5
    Area Display Name: Deep Ravenswood
    Loc: (-192.1, 32.1, 7.6)
    Debug: SGlkZGVuVmFsZV9Gb3Jlc3QwMl9UaWVyNXx8KC0xOTIuMTIxLCAzMi4wNTUsIDcuNTU2KXwoMCwgMC43MDcsIDAsIDAuNzA3KXw5MHwxMHw1LjAzNDc5Mg==

2. SpaceNinjaPirate

SpaceNinjaPirate Avatar

Just an update: I've been able to reproduce this multiple times, but I'm still unable to pinpoint the exact cause. Typically, my health will drop a point each time this occurs, but since this continually recurs, the losses start to add up and become more noticeable after a while. Additionally, I noticed that once this issue occurs my health seems limited to the amount at which I can't heal past. I even cast Shield of Crystal on myself which adds another 60+ HP, and while my max hit points go up, my health does not increase past the amount at which it stops healing. In one instance, I was stuck at 385/387 health and I cast Shield of Crystal which increased my max health to 449, but my health will not exceed 385. I can even cast heal spells and it will not heal me to max health.

EDIT: One other thing that may be related to this issue is that my max health seems to fluctuate here and there. I realize there will be increases through gaining adventurer levels and through gains in the Healthy and Strength skills. However, my max health will sometimes drop between 1 and 2 points on a seemingly random occasion and then regain those points (and sometimes even 1 or 2 more) randomly a short while later. I have all of my skills locked so I don't understand why it should be dropping or gaining suddenly like that. Could it possibly be related to the Sun Worship skill?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@SpaceNinjaPirate
    We're trying to get to the bottom of this. Can you list all the gear you have on and the buffs you have on at the time you notice this happening? I imagine you have some crafted gear on, so mention if you have strength or health attributes on those please.
    If you are wearing the Brittle Brawn, for example, I suspect that equipment may be related to what you are seeing.
    Innates like Sun Worship may be related, but we can test with that raised.

4. SpaceNinjaPirate

SpaceNinjaPirate Avatar

My armor is nothing more than a full set of crafted Augmented cloth with copper bindings. I think the chest and leg pieces had +1 on them which is about it.... but no actual stat modifiers at all. No jewelry. My bow is a basic Maple bow with cotton bowstring +1. Ya... very basic stuff. Buffs consist of... well... nothing. I summon my water elemental and go hunting. I usually don't buff because I feel it's not necessary fighting regular mobs. I haven't yet attempted to solo anything too serious (trolls, dragons, reapers, etc.) that required me to buff.

As for Sun Worship, I have it high enough to give +0.8 strength. I also have a bit of Moon Worship I think, though not much if that. Those would be the only things I can think of that would actively affect my stats.

5. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

@Lexie Some info on this. I am seeing this too. It happens when I switch decks between my light armor air mage build and my heavy armor tank build. Its a big difference in my case. Tank deck has around 900 health and air mage deck has around 550 health.

I suspect it has something to do with the new regen code change(once every 5s), because when I switch from air to tank my health actually goes all the way to full health 900ish and then in a few seconds it seems to hit a "regen cycle" and I drop down to 550/900 and cant heal above 550. (It thinks I am at full health.)

6. SpaceNinjaPirate

SpaceNinjaPirate Avatar

Just another update... I was able to reproduce this and I didn't even have to fight anything. While training my Death magic, I merely cast Tap Soul repeatedly to lower my health. Then I let it regenerate normally. A few rounds of this and I found I was already unable to heal to full health by 1 point (current max health is 399, and I was limited to 398). But the effect appears to be cumulative so, had I continued long enough, I probably would have found I would have been short 2 points of health... then 3, then 4, etc.

7. Casus Belli

Casus Belli Avatar

I have the same problem of health regen, maybe the new regen code grows with a number of points that can't fill properly the health bar. it's a variable bug sometimes my health bar shows 452/452 and when i buff myself, i take damages, i heal myself, the new regen code activating with healing sometimes my health is stuck at 450 or 448 for a max health at 452

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.