New way to use bags

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Krovakin, Dec 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krovakin

Krovakin Avatar

So after some playing around and making some videos I have come up with a great OLD idea. I have mentioned some other ideas in our NovaGamerCrew YouTube videos with my random bantering, but here is the one that sticks in my head.

In Ultima Online, the bags were not only able to be placed anywhere on the screen and remembered to open there (like in SOTA) they were also able to be minimized! I think that was an amazing small feature because you could keep a smaller version of a bag you were using somewhere on your screen for easy access (like your loot bag). I think putting a minimize feature on the bag system in SOTA will make it better for players to open that one bag they want without opening all bags, or using the character profile screen, but that is just me.

Any thoughts?

2. Sean

Sean Avatar

i agree, i like this idea as i was constantly opening all bags while just wanting to open one bag during the SotA release one :)

Krovakin and Hempy Do`Herben like this.
  3. Hempy Do`Herben

Hempy Do`Herben Avatar

CLEVER! I like the way the bags are currently but it would but nice to shrink or expand it any size you'd like. I agree!

4. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Actually, making them freely scalable would be AMAZING. Then when you lose that super amazing +52 ring of troll slaying, you can just blow the pack up to take up the whole screen so you can find it again... XD

(Being a bit facetious in tone, but the suggestion is an honest/legitimate one.)

Probably nearly impossible from an implementation standpoint though.

5. Hempy Do`Herben

Hempy Do`Herben Avatar

In the MMO I am playing now the bags can be scaled with ease. Even full of inventory. I dont see why this would be so hard to implement at all.

Joviex and Krovakin like this.
  6. Krovakin

Krovakin Avatar

It shouldn't be... After all, the creators of this game created "Ultima Online" which had a similar option. So it wouldn't be a huge leap for them.

Hempy Do`Herben likes this.
  7. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

I think some of you are confused and talking about different things.

One group is talking about the inventory gumps and there contents being scalable like a zoom feature... Which would be cool.

The OP is talking about the bags been able to be closed and become a small icon of a closed bag that you can drag and drop items onto to drop them directly into that bag without the need for it to be open and taking up screen realestate. Which would also be handy.

Grayhawk likes this.
  8. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Later there will be option to see bag as a spreadsheet, so finding that will be easy

9. Krovakin

Krovakin Avatar

Your right. But I originally started this post to talk about one change, but the great discussions here are giving even more ideas to add as well. Having bags be convenient is actually an important aspect to talk about, since they are used on a regular basis in game play.

Keep the great ideas coming everyone!

10. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

....as long as it's an option, that would be quite cool. If that is the only way to handle inventory, ugh. I really hate grid-based inventories. I don't carry around a subdivided curio cabinet everywhere I go.

Krovakin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.