Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crazy glowing Virtue Cloak

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by chrisjwhite, Nov 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

11/15/2017 6:28 PM
    Title: Talking with Kiakis in
    Reproduction Rate: Less than 100%, not sure how to make it work.
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce: Talked to Kiakis in Solace Bridge, Notice flashing yellow light coming from what seemed like me. I ran around and it followed me. The only thing I had on that glowed was my cloak, so I took it off and it went away. Didn't come back when I put it back on. Went back and talked to Kiakis again, it didn't happen, fought a couple undead and talked to him again and it did happen. Seems to only happen when speaking to him and going to the "zoom in chat mode" or whatever it's called. I have a video uploading to youtube.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX-8320E Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 16300
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU RAM: 4029
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.592.Date.11.15.17
    Area: SolaceBridge
    Area Display Name: Solace Bridge
    Loc: (31.4, 34.7, -54.2)
    Debug: U29sYWNlQnJpZGdlfHwoMzEuMzc4LCAzNC43MzYsIC01NC4yMzIpfCgwLCAwLjAzNCwgMCwgMC45OTkpfDEwMzcuOTIzfDQ3LjQ2MjIyfDM=

2. oplek

oplek Avatar

I've encountered this too, except when I talk to crafting supplies merchant Chip Leland in Ardoris.

... and more specifically

1) it starts if I am wielding a weapon in my primary hand. It does not happen if I an holding an offhand weapon, or if I am holding no weapons. The type of weapon doesn't seem to matter (whether a rusted axe or patterened sword)
    2) It happens if I get the close-up view of the vendor, not if the vendor window comes up in the normal 3rd person view when running around.
    3) Going into combat mode seems to stop it.
    4) Engaging with the vendor again until I get the close-up view restarts it, if #1 is met.

3. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

I originally thought it was the cloak, but it's not. It may have something to do with nightsite, but not sure. I know I have seen it flash a couple times after casting nightsite and before the spell takes effect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.