Very sad not to be able to do a shot with the devs on telethon goals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lace, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

Ok, while there are mostly mature adults around, I can appreciate and respect no shots tonight given LB's kid was present and added the adorbs to the cast that honestly wanted to make me fund her college education.
    I was cool with no shots tonight.

But next time, even if they don't I will pump it up (as someone in discord said, didn't want to spam the chat with this video then since it would have been distracting) personally and heckle some of you other crusty fan folk to take one with me because, why not?

CHAOS

TEAM DARKSTARR!
    Your virtues will be truly tested avatars.... SOON <TM>

2. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Nice read:

Millennials don't get drunk because it's what 'older generation' did
    https://www.google.de/amp/www.teleg...ials-dont-get-drunk-older-generation-did/amp/

The data, from a survey by Eventbrite, shows that only one in ten see getting drunk as "cool".

They're much more likely to consider it "pathetic" or "embarrassing", with four
    in ten having an overall negativ

Considering this article i would argue - maybe not do drink during Theletons - if you consider reaching a younger audience.

My personal situation.

Well i grew up watching movies like that.. So i am totally fine with it,

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    Cordelayne and Kara Brae like this.
  3. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

I didn’t get to watch the entire thing but I did get to sign in for a few sections...and I actually stayed a little longer.

Honestly, in the past when I signed in I could stand about 2 minutes of drunken drivel before turning it off and watching some of the highlights later. I wouldn’t mind them letting go of the reigns a little toward the end loosening up and having some fun but save it for after any major content discussions...

4. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

You need to see the bigger picture. Not only your personal view.

Thx.

Alexander, Ice Queen and LoneStranger like this.
  5. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

SotA is like playing a game with people who cannot lose. Rules get changed towards their pleasure until no one normal wants to play anymore.

6. infernal

infernal Avatar

starr needs to drink even if its before stream so much stuttering and umm when he is not drinking its a bit painful to watch.

7. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

I dont know why it is that important to get them drunk. Telethon is about the state of the game, open questions and showing stuff in development.
    Thats the reason i watch them, to get informations, not to see some drunk people dancing and singing for money.

8. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I would never complain about it, but I'm not bothered by the absence of excessive shot-drinking for three reasons:
    1. I'd rather hear clear-headed responses to questions - it's why I bother to listen to the telethons in the first place.
    2. I don't enjoy watching people I like engage in unhealthy practices.
    3. I know too many families suffering from the alcohol addiction of a family member, so seeing someone drunk does not amuse me.

9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Why.

Sean Silverfoot and Budner like this.
  10. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

I was more concerned that they did not answer hardly any questions, than I am about if they drink a shot or not. Besides if you want to hit a large variety of people to play this game, they need to be a bit more professional on streams and leave the drinking behind. There is a time and place for everything. What this game needs right now is a whole lot of positives.

11. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Ich kann sagen: Mir egal das es anderen stört wie die Entwickler sich verhalten. Oder ich kann sagen - Jeder Kunde zählt im moment. Besser sie verhalten sich so das es die breite Masse ok findet und wir dafür im Interesse aller keine potenziellen Kunden vergraulen. Tut dem wohl des Games besser auf ein paar Shots zu verzichten.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    3devious and Kara Brae like this.
  12. fonsvitae

fonsvitae Avatar

For crying out loud, enjoy your drinks.

Cordelayne likes this.
  13. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

In short, its not very professional. I would never buy a service from someone in the world if I just watched a video of them selling their service drunk or high (where its legal).

I understand that the long term RG and Ultima fans see them as just having fun and blowing of steam. But how does it look to the vast majority of the world that you want to market this game to also?

HoustonDragon, Aldo, Lazlo and 5 others like this.
  14. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Hah I assumed they stopped the shots for their own health!

15. Black Knight

Black Knight Avatar

Stop drinking, you're speaking german now!

Think really hard about if you want to buy services from people who submit to political correctness.

16. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

"Think really hard about if you want to buy services from people who show respect to others."

I mean... that's basically what you said here, PC is a term that originally just meant, showing people respect, but was turned into a "terrible, no good, bad" thing by some people.

With that said, I agree that it probably wasn't super professional to be doing shots all thru a telethon, but maybe a celebratory beer or cocktail at $20k, another at $40k and so on? That's not so bad.

If someone doesn't want to drink, why do they feel it's cool to force that personal choice (for whatever reason) onto other people? That's just disrespectful.

17. Black Knight

Black Knight Avatar

Nope, not really. Never was, never will be. I wish it was about that though, I truely do.

If it was truely about showing respect, it would be called being polite. The fact that it's called correct means that someone has already decided what correct behavior is. And the fact that it's prefixed with political means that you don't have to mean it, you just have to pretend. It's not politeness it's not correctness it's a political statement.

This is what political correctness is, it's a way to conform others to your own standards through political leverage.

18. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

The definition you are using is taken from the modern conservative movement to remove legitimacy from the idea of treating marginalized and disadvantaged people with respect.

These days it is being used, nearly always by someone who's mad or sad that they are being asked or told to be respectful to others or they are using it to remove legitimacy from a given thing, even if that given thing has literally nothing to do with respect in any way, they just don't like it and gosh darn, that means it's that evil Politically Correct stuff.

That's not at all an application of being politically correct.

Someone who doesn't drink is NOT a minority or marginalized protected group, because of that fact/choice. They're just someone who chooses not to drink. People who are consumers of alcohol are also not a protected or marginalized group.

Politically Correct in no way applies to this situation.

Humbert_Humbert and 2112Starman like this.
  19. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Not upset, its just my nature to mostly pvp

3devious likes this.
  20. Black Knight

Black Knight Avatar

There's no need to use political slurs, and you seem to have me mistaken for an American. In fact that could also be considered a racial slur then.
    FYI
    As I read the above, I'm assuming that you consider yourself a liberal and it seems that you are using a "modern" terminology when it comes to the term "political correct".

Fister Magee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.