Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Left and right coconuts cannot be moved to public container

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by Big Richard, Nov 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Richard

Big Richard Avatar

1. Reproduction Rate:100%
    2. Blocker?Only in reorganizing inventory
    3. Details:
      I was reorganizing some inventory and removed the right and left coconuts mounts from a wardrobe to place in a chest and got the message: "Item can not be moved to a publicly accessible container because it cannot be traded"
    4. Steps to Reproduce:Can only do it once due to removing it will not allow me to store it in any container again.
    5. User Specs:MacBookPro 13"mid 2012, osx 10.12.6, 2.9ghz i7, 16 gig, 1tb ssd, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 M

[​IMG]

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Sam Mas
    If you make the container private, can you place it back again again? Non-trade-able items cannot be put in non-private containers.

3. Big Richard

Big Richard Avatar

Greetings @Lexie
    It is not a private or even a "Can not be traded" problem. The container I was removing them from and placing them back in was set to "not private". I acquired 5 sets of these and they were place in a wardrobe in my house. I withdrew them to put them in another wardrobe and they would not go in. I have had this problem before with other items that were stored in containers and would not go back in once removed. I think it is a status change between something being able to trade and then updated or accidentally changed to "Can not be traded" and only shows up went removed from storage.
    Here is a pic of the items and the container settings:
    [​IMG]

Thank you for your help with this.

Edit: I misread your post and have gone back and made contained private and they still do not go in. It also still says the same thing. "Item can not be moved to a publicly accessible container because it can not be traded". I assume a Publicly Accessible Container is anything other than your bank.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Sam Mas
    Normally, that message means that there are items you are trying to be put in there are meant just for you, but if the container is flagged non-private (for co-owner for example) it wouldn't let do it. But set to private and it would let you. So that feedback doesn't necessarily mean that the item can only be placed in the bank. BUT based on your response it seems this is a bug since you went back and checked to see if the chest was private and tried again. I double checked and I'm seeing the same thing you are now. Normally that feedback message was something that happened with quest items (non-shareable) but now those are kept in your character inventory.

So either way the feedback message is wrong (saying it isn't private when it is) or something else is up with coconuts.
    Bug created: 53574

Thanks!

5. Big Richard

Big Richard Avatar

Thank you @Lexie for continuing to de-bug this. Because I have several alts and they all share containers there are a few sets of them It would be nice to have them stored again instead of having each alt store them privately.

Thanks again for the dedication.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.