135 people online on my friends list saturday dec 2 4:00 cst.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mac2, Dec 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWerewolf

LoneWerewolf Guest

QFT (1-2 players per town)
    and your avatar makes me nostalgic

Bulveigh likes this.
  2. maverick77

maverick77 Avatar

Everytime I go to Brittany Alleys I see 0-2 players in that scene... nearly all scenes are ghost towns and depressing. If you're happy with 200-1,000 players online (being generous with the 1,000), then we're looking for different things on what we consider a "healthy population".

Bob Kelso2 likes this.
  3. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Correct! STEAM numbers dont mean anything its def not an indicator of population even if it is the largest digital distribution platform for PC gaming. Thanks for pointing that out @Baenethorrstad its important we keep the facts straight!

4. Baene Thorrstad

Baene Thorrstad Avatar

You’re welcome! Just keeping everyone honest!

5. LoneWerewolf

LoneWerewolf Guest

Steam is the only source we have. And since we know from Port that Steam is about 35% of the population we can easily calculate what's going on overall. 35% is no small chuck btw.

6. Baene Thorrstad

Baene Thorrstad Avatar

Correct. I was merely pointing out that it’s not all, and for a sample time period of two months, is not a guarantee that the number of new accounts statued at that 35% ratio.

He felt it was more populous recently, and having the majority of the new accounts coming in being non-steam, might account for that.

I understand it’s all we really have, I’m just saying it’s not always going to be accurate, and could explain his feeling.

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Don't panic, that was Viola and I because I was at the hospital with my Mom instead of in game.

Sempiternal Dragon likes this.
  8. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

I hope she is doing well!

9. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised if steam accounted for a mere 5% of the total active accounts now, with the Russians and Germans now on board.

10. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

Every time you zone into novia, hit zero on numpad and add people, Just this morning I went to teleport somewhere and more than half my list was in friends mode, Once you get in the habit of adding people, The only time I don't have to scroll is when I wake up 7-8 am EST which 30 min later that is no longer true... I saw an emoticon in Discord for steam, It's brown with eyes. =)

11. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

[​IMG]

jammaplaya likes this.
  12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Thanks, she's better than before, hopefully she keeps on that trajectory.

13. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Some of us talked about this long time ago. The issue is not the population imo, when someone talk about the lack of visible players is directly related to the issue for having the game world splitted in multiplayer and friend/solo modes.

jammaplaya, Bankee, Hornpipe and 2 others like this.
  14. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Dont forget Eli is Multiboxing with 5 Accounts :D

Hornpipe and Bob Kelso2 like this.
  15. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

I agree the population is not large enough to fill the over world. I would not use visual indicators as an example. As @Rada Torment said with users in Multiplayer/Friends/Single Player it is hard to know what the population is. The real question is do you have enough players/friends to do what you need to. Don't worry about ghost towns or unclaimed lots. That will ebb and flow as time goes. Yes port probably sold too many POTs but if they had not made the sales they would not of had the money to do what they have done. Current players should be the best sales agents for the game. If you don't have enough people to quest/raid with invite your friends. Fill up the server with people you know. You defiantly will not increase the population by talking about how empty it seems especially considering there are three ways players can be in the game but not seen.

jammaplaya likes this.
  16. Vodalion [BEAR]

Vodalion [BEAR] Avatar

*chuckles*

shouldn´t it be possible to extract the concurrent user amount (at least "daily") from the API stats ?
    there is information of the character that looted smthg in there as long as it is not anonymized...

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  17. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Someone did that and checked every char that gained XP. However you only see the ones that enabled to show their stats. The number that was published I remember not to be that big.

LiquidBlaze likes this.
  18. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

What if the game force you to be in multiplayer for POTs and NPC towns? no manual change needed, just automatically change to multiplayer (part of the loading screen) everytime you enter a town.

@DarkStarr @Chris could be possible to add this feature or not easy to implement?

jammaplaya likes this.
  19. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

well, in single player you have access at everything who's in the store and you can buy everything with in game currency. Houses, weapons , armors.. ect ect. So when you enter a town, you don't have the same items from the vendors.

20. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

As the game no longer is a selective multiplayer game but now officially an MMORPG, why not remove all of the other game modes? Call it an experiment which ultimately did not work and just concentrate on the MMO part. This would solve so many issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.