1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Make a Difference: 2017 Charitable Giving Report

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Dec 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

In accordance with Portalarium’s founding purpose to promote goodwill and make a positive difference in the world, we established our Make a Difference store back in May of 2015 to coincide with Rize Up Gaming’s Water.org charity drive. Through that store we donate anywhere between 10-50% of the net proceeds from purchases of items made by our community.

Since that time we have added multiple charities including Autism Awareness, Breast Cancer, Blood Charities, Movember, and more. We have also participated in multiple charitable efforts with our amazing community like the Aerie Fund. This October we added hospital themed items to support Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and Doctors Without Borders as well as expanded the Make a Difference concept outside the confines of the Make a Difference Store to over 90 items in the Add-On Store.

Through purchases of Make a Difference items by our community we have raised over $40,000 for charity since starting the Make a Difference Store in 2015! Our grand total as of December 7, 2017 is:

** $44,111.79 **

Thank you, Avatars, for being so virtuous!​

NOTE: Items go on and off sale during telethons, weekend flash sales, etc. so prices visible on the store are not necessarily the price the item sold for when calculating sales totals.

You can read more here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=80416

Elrond, hroth, Rentier and 25 others like this.
  2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Wow, that is amazing! This is an aspect of the game and community that I love. :)

Leelu and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Very cool! I applaud Portalarium and the SotA community for giving back through this program.

Leelu and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  4. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Makes me laugh when some clown on a site says it's a toxic community. Bravo to Portalarium and it's fantastic community.

Leelu and Cordelayne like this.
  5. Bob Kelso2

Bob Kelso2 Avatar

If only as many would agree with you as do him :) laughing is good tho keeps us healthy so you should also be thankful for people like that ^^

6. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Ah, such great memories about Make A Difference! In game and Out of Game. I remember watching @Lord British and @DarkStarr have their blood drawn on camera ... that was scary and so much fun! And they cut their hair and mustache!

At the start, there was water.org ... a very memorable time ... we still had monthly server wipes ... and @Duke Gréagóir ran the Welcome Quest like he does every Release.

On May 30, 2015 (R18) we came to the PaxLair waterfalls ... we donned our new Water.Org cloaks and celebrated Make A Difference! Who would have thought that nearly $45,000 later of charitable contributions we'd be fondly looking back and enthusiastically looking forward.

I'm amazed at the generosity of this / our community. Thanks so much for helping others.

/bow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Elrond, majoria70 and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  7. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Ummm, I don't base my opinions, likes or dislikes on what the crowd approves or disapproves . Not a lemming ;) . I always post my own thoughts and feelings. I see no need for thanks to be given. But Thank you for the reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.