Free Mining accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cream2, Dec 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

Ahhhh... *Yawns*

Oh, how I miss the days of runebook mining...
    God I loved seeing those 60k stacks...

Cordelayne, Black Tortoise and Leelu like this.
  2. Silverti

Silverti Avatar

Hi, Im an alt. I sit in a second client window while my main is out adventuring. All I do is manually click and farm ore in the same area over and over again. I have GM in mining skills and GM in Blacksmith and high numbers in blacksmith and master crafting as well. My main runs around killing stuff and in between moves me to the next ore node to farm. My main however does not sell the copper I mine, he just uses it for his own black smithing. I use all the xp I get from mining to directly raise my blacksmiting.

In short, I see no reason why the free accounts would really benefit anyone.

3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

You’re not missing anything. The entire idea is based on the “if i mine it myself, i build it for free” idea, which is false.

Any automation is easily detectable as well so it would be a very labourus venture keeping a slew of level 50 guys alive against spawns.

Not to mention keeping every trial account’s pickaxe repaired. 100 gold every 40 nodes, and they each have to pay for it thierselves

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  4. Popcorn Sutton

Popcorn Sutton Avatar

I'm a Alt too!
    All I do is sit around, smoke cigarettes, cuss a lot, and drank liquor!
    My main throws me a sack every now and then to keep me quiet!

I'll give you a hint who I belong to!
    The name of my guild is the Barefoot Moonshining Cousins <BMC>

5. Tanis Blackbow

Tanis Blackbow Avatar

Hold up there HIPPIE!
    I'm a Alt too!

Name of my guild is Bandits Moonshiners and Convicts! <BMC>

6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Who said it wasn't? Unauthorized computer access is also a crime, and what you are suggesting certainly isn't authorized access.

Indeed, if the RMT price of IGG goes down, then you're just losing out by hoarding the ores until converting the account. And as already mentioned, even selling it to an NPC for a pittance won't help, because trials are also not allowed to trade gold or buy things from player vendors.

7. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

You two settle down before I put ya both back in the damn box...

Numa, Leelu and Fister Magee like this.
  8. Bob Kelso2

Bob Kelso2 Avatar

Yeah it is lol :D rule breaking and law breaking are different fyi
    But like you said I "cant" make a profit anyway so why are you getting so worked up over it?:)

9. BMC III

BMC III Avatar

Don't you be talking to my brothers like that Ol' man...
    I'll come over there and put a ass-whoopin on you, that you only see on TV!

10. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Zeke you are one coutry ace mother:cool:

Solazur and Duke Ezekiel Cooper like this.
  11. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

i had seen the game cheaper on the Russian website last month but now i cant even access russian sota-game.com

where is russian shop gone?

Cordelayne likes this.
  12. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I hate that this term "bot" has been misused over the last few years. "Bot" implies a program running an in-game avatar to do tasks. I find it unlikely that someone can or would create such a program to "mine" in any of the mines. Could it be done? Sure, but I bet it would be caught and clamped down on quickly. That is besides the point...

What you are referring to is a human being who will actually do the work for you. I believe the OP referenced "employees" (I might think indentured servant, human trafficking slave, or an individual who is being blackmailed - I cannot see anyone doing this for the measly salary it would entail).

The point is, stop referring to these unfortunate human beings as "bots". You are doing one-half of the work for members of the robot uprising that is sure to one day come. :)

Bekido likes this.
  13. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

LOL multibox on 50 level, good luck, - totally not worth it. I`m pretty sure that you have very bad ore per hour rate on each window.

(ADD)P.S. Just want to make clear, if we speak not about bots, so you need to control alts and speed run by all of them by 3 floors in elisium or lower flor of Crag. When you switch from 2 windows to 3 first you will get nothing (even more 2 windows will do more ore than 3) you will need dozens of hours to train multibox control to make 3 windows effective. 4- just almost impossible to control 4 windows same efficiently as 3 windows. And dont forget about fatigue, play 8 hours in sota and play 8 hours as miner and play 8 hours on 3 or 4 windows as a miner its extremely different things. It not easy on high level characters with good gear and same build, on 50 level alts its very hard at all:cool:
    (ADD2) If we speak about partly afk second alt who dig on one floor during main char adventure, guys making this for months and year i think, but such guys are not able to affect ore market at all:)

Elwyn likes this.
  14. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

they plan to upgrade the accounts once they feel they have gathered enough resources, thereby removing the restrictions and be able to transfer the Resources to their main characters

15. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

So a population, economy and financial boost for SotA/Port?

I'm not sure I see a problem.

Numa, Black Tortoise and EMPstrike like this.
  16. oplek

oplek Avatar

I'm not sure I see an issue with that. Since there's no subscription, it doesn't make a difference if the upgrade is before, or after.

It's also a bit out of scope of what I was referring to - as in, finding a way to transfer gold/items *while* free trial mode.

17. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

...and thus spending (basically) the same amount of money than if they would have spent with a full account from the start. Only now they have time invested in ore that is likely declining in value that they have to ransom with the same amount of money. Again, if SotA had a monthly fee, this would let you bypass it. But there isn't, so devs still win!

The only thing I can see is if you can use those 50-skill free alts as healbots or fightbots while a main account mines. I suppose enough of them could give you sufficient heals while you fight off the mobs in the mine, but then you also have to deal with them getting aggro, and keeping them supplied with reagents.

I have to resist the attempt to giggle every time I think about what it would take to get any usefulness out of a trial account. Maybe if they can FL, you could use one as a rune, but you would have to have a different one for every location, or you would be stuck moving them around too!

All I can see is that they are great if you want to use SotA as a free chat room with dress-up and dance emotes.

18. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

so what everyone was missing is

before i would need to shell out 40$ to buy the game.

Now i can give 4-5 accounts to a worker that costs about 100 usd a month, and have them mine with all 4 at once.

Everyone is just focusing on the ore being produced. Everyone forgets the PRODUCER EXPERIENCE

Can i get a price check on an account with 30 to 50 million producer exp banked??

Still lost? here's a play by play:

1)mine / power grind producer exp on free account
    2) sell player account
    3) use the $$$ from selling the account, to acvivate
    3a) transfer away the ore to sale on a main acount
    4) make massive profits because no one in the western world wants to grind 150 hours for 30 mil producer exp

so, I have a product with 0 cost other then labor to produce. price of the game is factored into the sell price.

I know you will say "great for sota"! Good luck making any money yourself when you cant compete with my gold prices.

Everyone understand now?

Mortanius and Weins201 like this.
  19. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

how is lvl 50 not use? dev's have stated that lvl 60 skills are effective for 90% of the content.

now imagine those lvl 50 skills with my high end crafted gear? geeze.

and guess what, who wants to suffer from soft caps on exp? buy a level 50 account from me, with 50 mil exp pooled.

simple, 50 mil exp is 1 and 1/2 month of straight grinding

20. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Edit-was ninjad by op so this makes less sense since he responded two posts up-edit

Uhm?

Why is everyone jumping to the malicious conclusion?

The OP was not talking about exploits
    For workers in the poorer countries around the world then gold farming in MMO s are massively better than other employment. Check YouTube there are plenty of documentaries.
    Even in not so poor countries then teens play games anyway and see such farming as a way to mix fun with pay.
    If you knew the OP history then it is very likely that 3 is where he is thinking. There trial accounts could be used by willing players to see if they are cut out for the job and whether they find it fun enough to ramp up.

Cream2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.