Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Disconnections to servers playing in China

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by egarin31, Feb 3, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. egarin31

egarin31 Avatar

Hi all,

Just installed the game purchased on Steam. I live in China and I could install it and all the updates using a VPN. However, to play the game it only works when I disconnect the VPN (probably first time this ever happens with an online western game here...)
    I can play with no issues until I have to enter a new location that requires to go through a loading screen. The game loses connection to the server, and I need to log in again 3 or 4 times before it reconnects. I can see the new instance loading and goes up to 62%, then says it lost connection to server. Any solution?
    I tried to find some place about servers on the forums but could not find the perfect thread, sorry if this is unappropriate.

Thanks!

2. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

3. egarin31

egarin31 Avatar

I checked further and I am getting some message called Ivytower. I read it is something related to ports, firewall or ISP. But the game works fine as long as I don't change location in the game

4. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

The Great Firewall in your host country may be the cause of your problem.

Montaigne likes this.
  5. egarin31

egarin31 Avatar

i had read in the forum some people saying they play with chinese, taiwanese, etc. I assumed the game works in china. And it does, just very poorly

FrostII and Montaigne like this.
  6. SonicX

SonicX Avatar

yes it works but only stable when I use vpn. Without vpn I have the same problem like egarin31 described. For sure it has to do with the Chinese firewall. Just hope they will not cut the vpns away next year.

Cordelayne and FrostII like this.
  7. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I was In Beijing with the family two years ago and was able to login via VPN. Loading times were horrendous but they did work. I think, unfortunately, that is just the cost of doing business if you want to play shroud in the PRC.

SonicX likes this.
  8. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

Careful, currently mainlands crackdown on vpn usage is punishable by prison.

just beware if your in mainland, and posting about a vpn on a public forum, good chance its being tracked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.