SwordMage any tipps ? :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by holzpapa, Dec 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

any other poison recipes i can buy?
    I have some venom sacks and poison glands from corpions.

2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

1 is my build, 2 is about the fire mage swordsman i tested

1.)I use deadly poison when im not sneaking, and corpion when i am sneaking (when sneaking they die too fast for deadly poison to do much)

I use deadly on things that run alot like trolls, so they continue to take damage while im dodging thier rocks. I also use deadly when engaging groups of things but my build more excells at taking out a single target very quickly.

2.) with my fire skills at 40, and using hamstring, rend, and deadly poison i was able to make a build that could “tag” multiple enemys then hide behind cover while they all quickly melted.

Stundorn likes this.
  3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Actually i have all sword skills dynamic in 2 slots, except riposte and depending on offhand (Wand or Shard of Night) with or without offhand Attack.
    Coupe is in Slot 3 and fixed to charge it and finish mobs.
    The Wand is for better Selfhealing and normally for Ice Arrow, but anyway.
    I need to level some fire skills.
    So i cast Fire Arrow, Ring of Fire, Meteor Shower and then do all the combos with Swords and Trip. Charging sword skills seem also good, but i like the combos abd i need to level them all to 80.
    Later i guess i will use situationally. So thrust and double slash for 1-2 Targets, but Whirlwind for bigger Groups.
    Rend and Trip seems allways usefull.
    I buff before all stats,Ice Shield, Def Stance, Dodge, Fortify and Douse if there are Mages. Sword and Wand give Water Attunement, some soothing and Ice Arrow boni.
    Then switch to combat deck and engage.
    Poison weapon and potions on non combat bar. All 3 HoTs in combat bar.

4. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

They "fixed" the fizzle rate on Chain. It's what I started out with and yeah, the strength bonus was really sweet, but now... I'm all about Leather Armor, Shield and Longsword. The Leather armor, is nice, but the shield allows me to last all the longer and adds in a handle of physical knock back/stun attacks that have proven rather useful, especially as I have leveled those up. I have sometimes switched over to wand and shield, but my bludgeon is so low that I haven't had much fun with it, I'm waiting until I can nail down GM in swords and get a decent pile of gold together before locking all my skills, except bludgeon and then go to town, pure bludgeon in Tier 3 and Tier 4 scenes.

I'm currently AL 64, but I've been soloing lower difficulty Tier 5 scenes for a few months now, back when I was just hitting AL 60. I sometimes run into problems, but that is mostly when a scene has mages and archers.

I use the first four Glyphs for decks of Blade skills, the next two for rotating shield and other defensive measures from tactics, the balance of glyphs are a mix of all the school attack spells, defense buff, root and heal spells, currently. (I run with a Water Elemental, so healing is usually not an issue for me anymore.)

5. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

Corpion is the 2nd best poison in my opinion. In some situations it's even better than Festering. Deadly is ok too, the rest isn't really worth using.

All poison recipes apart from festering and chaotic corruption have hardly any value and can be purchased very cheap. Please check your mail before you buy anything.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    Hunter Rose likes this.
  6. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

But where?

I only have Poison no deadly, no anything.
    It's just poison Potion from corpse wax, nightshade and empty Flask.
    Never looted a recipe.

Nelzie likes this.
  7. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I use something along these lines, but I also currently mix in the other schools damage spells, mostly to build up resistances. Earth though, is a very solid school to include with Blades and leather or heavy armor, as the fizzle is lower with Earth.

8. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

They can be found on player vendors only. I have multiple copies of every poison apart from the 2 expensive ones. I've sent you one of each. They drop a lot from higher level mages.

Nelzie, Stundorn and Lesni like this.
  9. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

So kind and nice, what can i do for you, have not very much gold or raw mats, but if you want something please tell me.

Regard Stundorn.

Nelzie likes this.
  10. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

Appreciate the offer but i dont want anything in return.

Stundorn likes this.
  11. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

then just thank you very, very much :)

belijaal and Nelzie like this.
  12. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Great, but where is this found or is it a random drop?

I've found only one artifact, aside from the Dread Artifacts, in game and it was hidden away in a chest, I haven't seen it or anything similar spawn in that chest since then either.

Numa likes this.
  13. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I looted 1 Artifact, Ring of Chrysopeia while a group Event to kill the clockwork dragon in krul.
    The Shard was a gift while a RP Event.
    They are random drops from very high level mobs / Regions if i'm right.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    Nelzie likes this.
  14. holzpapa

holzpapa Avatar

thanks guys, now i must think :), the dagger thing sounds also nice but i guess its an artifact and not to come by easy with my low character ?

Nelzie likes this.
  15. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

Doesn't have to be that artifact. A good crafted dagger would be better in most builds anyway.

Nelzie likes this.
  16. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

yes , not easy, even for me these things like you can read are not really obtainable (Adv Level 77) , i once looted a recipe for an imbued potion, where i need a troll head for, what i cannot kill, because i sticked to a "Watermage" build with only Water, Air, some Moon and Life skills.
    But Trolls are resistant to all magic except fire. Most Bosses are highly resistant to Magic and you need a physical weapon.
    I refused that a long time, because i wanted to be a pre mage, but if you do this you self. restrict you a lot. Another discussion i argued for a lot and too much. In the End - Swords, Fire and Poison are added to my build. I already tryed some Sun and Earth Magic before, but acutally dont use any skills of it, except Stat Buffs. Death is the Tree i have only 20 Points in when i while the great Focus nerf was, need Tap Soul.
    I think i will more or less branch out in all Magic trees. Death Shield is maybe the next thing i go for, because it is so usefull against Bosses.
    Chaos is more or less for PvP only, Torpid Torment is a must have in PvP.
    If you get stuck you need to think around and see what may help you to get over it.
    You need no Shard of Night, i acutally dont use it, it has only 50 of 100 Dura left and to repair it i would need another Artifacts essence.
    I will try it with my Sword and Wand, Fire and Poison to kill my first Boss solo.

17. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Speaking of which, fire magic has the advantage of being the only elemental tree that you can awuire a skill to debuff your targets resistance to.

Which is great considering its a 100% damage spells tree

Stundorn likes this.
  18. Hunter Rose

Hunter Rose Avatar

What skill is this?

19. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

it's a combo called evaporate, douse and juxtapose

Hunter Rose likes this.
  20. Hunter Rose

Hunter Rose Avatar

well this thread sure reprioritized the skill gain plan. thanks all