Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The /assist "playername" command needs to be a simple hot key or party memebr click

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

The /assist command (if it is still working ) needs to be a hot key programmable or a text insert programmable or even better yet party bar button (UO like) to make it viable. Typing /assist "playername" in the middle of a fight is not only problematic it is near impossible.

Acred likes this.
  2. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

I haven't tried assist because it's kinda pointless when you have multi-target melee weapons and your killing packs of stuff. or your working on one really big target.

Have you tried the up arrow in chat? (up arrow scrolls through the last typed text and commands) I haven't tried it with /assist but it might help if it works.
    before combat starts type /assist <Dude with really long name>
    when you need to re-assist press enter then up arrow then enter, it's should be faster than re-typing it, but still broken UI for assist.

Right now with the melee combat mechanic of "push two magnets together" group combat is really chaotic and pretty much best you can do is try to stack up near each other and everyone just spam abilities best they can while keeping mobs in front of them.

Acred likes this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Well considering we ar not all just run into a cluster and hit whatever type. We have archers and mages who use ranged skills and healers who stand back and do thie jobs, clustering together wil not work.

And sure in a cluster you can hit more than one but if the group focuses on one target instead if hitting willy nilly you can clear the target at least 2 times faster.

So aligning on the same target is vital, especially in areas like a control point where it get expoinetially harder with time.

Acred likes this.
  4. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

doesnt f1-f8 work?

or it should be added if those arent being utilized.

Weins201 likes this.
  5. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

Yah I can understand the need, was just stating, I don't currently have the need cause my party mates are all Melee.
    was really just trying to offer a potential work around to make it slightly easier until they fix it to something useable.

6. Lorddread

Lorddread Avatar

I don't think /assist even works at all now does it? doesn't seem to for me anyway.

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

LoL sorry nope it was a nice to use function that fell by the way of the Dodo.

Was to easily exploitable.

Old thread how the hell did oyu even find it :)

Market likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.