Elysium Mines First Look

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senjut, Dec 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senjut

Senjut Avatar

I'll post more in depth about it later, but as one who was pretty bummed about the coming change to Elysium Mines, I have to say...I really, really like it. Really like it.

More later...

Ok, now that I've had a good look around the whole place, here's what I like:

- Number of nodes, and respawn rate of nodes, are both solid. Time investment vs ore gathered/crafting xp gained is very good.
    - Layout is excellent. Not totally straightforward but not insanely confusing either, plus having the puzzle/mobs up top and the ore below is a great way to combine both in one area.
    - Puzzle is fun/nice ending fight/nice item. The more of these you add over time, the more fun things there will be to discover/show people in SOTA, which is great.
    - Value of mob dropped vendor trash is good (sayonara kobold slag swords!).
    - Difficulty and number of mobs vs what you're doing (mining vs fighting and doing the puzzle) seems good, although I think you could put a few more mobs in the bottom area. Hard for me to judge though at adv level 96, as the mobs that are there are harder individually than most of the ones that were in previous version (satyrs/ghosts vs kobolds). I leave that up to someone in their 60's/70's to judge, but was thinking a couple strategically placed satyr mages down there might work.
    - Like the traps! Again though, hard for me to judge what difficulty they present. I'm assuming that at some point you'll re-look at traps game-wide though and strengthen the damage.

@Sannio, I'm assuming you primarily designed this zone...to you or whoever it was at Port, great job!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

3. psteg

psteg Avatar

They got this one right. Now go fix the other two that are screwed up.

4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Serpent Spine next please....

Sentinel2 and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
  5. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

i really like the new design, but well, now where to find an abundance of gold? I sense my ability to GM enchantments evaporating.

6. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

They have added around 10 ore nodes in crag mines , on the lower level (with the elementals) . It's a fair trade I think . Crag mines is a good place to get gold ore now. And right next to Elysium.

Tamsen and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
  7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

If memory serves.. Graff still has gold at the bottom.. but I've also noticed a lot more gold in random encounters.

Tamsen and Belladonna Rose like this.
  8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Just to add my 2 pence.. I'm down in the Elysium mine now.. well done! Enough ore density to feel like it's worth it.. and enough mob density to keep my watchful without feeling overwhelmed. This is actually turning out to be a pretty decent silver mine..

Also liking the onyx and diamond and all the traps helping to keep things interesting. I wouldn't mind other mines getting this kind of treatment. :)

9. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

the upper part with the miror puzzle is fun but seems useless once u already completed it.
    The mining part seems almost empty of mob, no challenge... long running times... good for fast light armor runnners ..
    (so why the wonderfull miners hat telethons reward was made heavy armor only..??)
    i bet free trial under lvl 50 skill can mine silver in new elyseum.

i d rather have some random event occures while am mining ( like rare mobs spawn or mysterious ore find that need be identified same as loot supplied bundles for fighters) ... litle bit of surprises and randomness would enlight my miners boring days

Rada Torment and K1000 like this.
  10. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

not really for long. The mobs may be sparse but you have to move around to get to groups of nods.. you couldn't avoid long enough for serious mining.

11. psteg

psteg Avatar

Gold is very abundant in the Graff Gem mines.

Sentinel2 likes this.
  12. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Etceter Crag Mines for Gold. Plenty of it there.

13. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Elysium is pretty decent.

Plenty of resources and I'm not wanting for ore. it's just able to keep up with me even with the mobs there.

Personally I'd like to see Verdantis and Serpent Mines redone to something like that. We don't go to the mines for the sites. We go for Ore!

The sights are a nice bonus but we're miners. Not adventurers ... usually :D

LiquidBlaze, psteg, kaeshiva and 2 others like this.
  14. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

It's heaven for Multiminers now with 1 archer and 1 ghost in all mine.

K1000 likes this.
  15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Not to derail all the love for the new Elysium (better than the old Elysium!) but massive, massive kudos to @Vas Corp Por and the new East Longfall Wetland, too. I spend time in both areas regularly (I don't use reagents that quickly, so gathering rather than purchasing supplies me with plenty, and a little extra to sell at my shop- ELW is almost on my doorstep) and both are fantastic. I am especially grateful that ELW didn't lose its handful of SS nodes and BP nodes; having a close by spot to gather the small amounts of each I need is nice, and now I have a pretty new area to hunt for them in.

16. Bink

Bink Avatar

great work, the new mine is fantastic

Tamsen likes this.
  17. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

The mobs in the trench vary from area to area. There are satyrs, skels and ghosts....dont forget those Oracle shooter thingys. But the ore there is nice. Lots of nodes and in some spots multiple nodes. As for the top part...Yeah do the quest and be done but its a nice place for some xp and salvage stuffs. So Well done on Elysium

Tamsen likes this.
  18. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

19. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

i like the new mine too but i wish they would have went iron and silver in elysium and copper and gold in graff i'm still finding it hard to get iron ore fairly easy

20. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Spectral Mines for iron

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.