Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Lost all nameplates and floating damage labels

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by SpaceNinjaPirate, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpaceNinjaPirate

SpaceNinjaPirate Avatar

12/18/2017 5:45 PM
    Title: Lost all nameplates and floating damage labels
    Reproduction Rate: For me 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: As of the 714 update, I seem to have lost all enemy nameplates and also the floating damage labels that display the damage of each hit. I have not changed any of the display settings and as far as I can tell none of the settings appear to be altered as of the update (unless there's some new setting somewhere that got added that deals directly with this).
    Steps to Reproduce: Enter battle and fight something. Note the missing enemy nameplate and damage numbers that appear each time you hit said enemy.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32710
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GPU RAM: 8087
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.714.Date.12.18.17
    Area: HiddenVale_Forest02_Tier5
    Area Display Name: Deep Ravenswood
    Loc: (-1.4, 24.0, -186.2)
    Debug: SGlkZGVuVmFsZV9Gb3Jlc3QwMl9UaWVyNXx8KC0xLjQyOSwgMjQuMDA1LCAtMTg2LjE1OCl8KDAsIC0wLjMyNSwgMCwgMC45NDYpfC0zNjMuNjAyOXwxNS43Mjg5fDE2LjMy

EDIT: You can probably imagine how this messes with looting especially after being mobbed by enemies and trying to keep track of where each one falls. Not to mention the corpses that either blend well with the ground or seem to "fall into" the ground or the side of a hill so that only a few pixels of their corpse are actually still visible.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

did you check your settings? you can toggle the nameplate-behaviour with the "n"-key

3. SpaceNinjaPirate

SpaceNinjaPirate Avatar

TBH, I forgot about the N key, and I will certainly try it when I get the chance. I'm just trying to figure out how it would have been turned off. The only thing I did was update to release 714 and the nameplates and whatnot were missing. I didn't even touch my keyboard as I have no need to. All of the necessary keys I use are mapped to one of those gaming keypads which does not include a mapping for the N key. So, consequently, I had figured it was another one of those features that got removed with the patch.

Lexie likes this.
  4. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

also someconnected but unused joystick can also do random things

5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I had the same first instinct, @Rentier
    @SpaceNinjaPirate I'm confident that will fix it for you based on what you said, but let us know if it didn't :)

6. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

I'm still having an issue with nameplates randomly missing also. Happened today in a POT, all of the NPC Vendors were missing the nameplates.

7. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

Hi there, if you encounter this anew you should post a new bug thread, becasue this one is closed already

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.