1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q1 2018 Schedule Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Dec 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

This has been debated a number of times. The essence of the game is to determine YOUR virtue. So the answer is buy a second account. Not trying to be snarky, just giving you a reply. You can search the forums for those debates. Happy Holidays!

2. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

3. Black Knight

Black Knight Avatar

I admit to not being on the forums as often lately, but I think this is the first I have seen that your characters will share guild membership, which incidentally has nothing to do with virtue.

Bob Kelso2 and Proteus Tempest like this.
  4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

All depends on the guild. Some may argue guilty by association, to some degree. If you're in a guild full of villains are you not at least condoning their behavior by association? Plenty to do with virtue. Not that I agree with forced association via game mechanics. Every character should be their own person. One of the main reasons I have multiple accounts.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    CatherineRose and Toodles like this.
  5. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I am glad that virtue and guild membership is shared.. maybe they finally start to mean something beyond Q1 ;)

Elwyn, K1000 and Stundorn like this.
  6. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

@DarkStarr

Do you plan to unclone all Scenes and get rid of all the placeholder before launchday?
    And what is with all the broken skills like taming?

Grimbone, Fister Magee and Stundorn like this.
  7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

If they didn't, the guilds would complain about multiple avatars and the fear of the birth of a spy network.

So, in a manner of speaking... it does have to do with Virtue, for assuredly some would make the fear real, and use their other Avatars to infiltrate other Guilds.

(Yes, I know you can do the same with alternate accounts. Facts have never had much sway over the Doomsayers.)

Elwyn, Rentier and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Don't even need multiple accounts.. not if you're actually.. you know.. good at it. :)

9. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

@DarkStarr @Lord British

Replacement for rewards page doesn't mention 2 notable rewards talked about frequently.

What are the replacement rewards for "Family Crest" & "Design & Name An NPC" ?

I've talked about the 2 rewards extensively & how they were *key* reasons why I upgraded my pledge. I'd go so far as to say they are the *only* reason I upgraded my pledge.

What are the reward replacements for those 2 rewards? Thanks.

Cordelayne, Koldar and Brighton Rock like this.
  10. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

It's stated in the post above that Heraldry will appear in in R51, the call for NPC names in various NPC towns has been ongoing for over a year, perhaps more. Both my accounts have named NPC's. All one needed to do was answer the call for each town when Lum asked/posted for them. This is unfinished as more towns still need to to have NPC's named.

Sentinel2 and Rentier like this.
  11. Brighton Rock

Brighton Rock Avatar

what @Razimus (and I) asked for is : (when) will we be able to do the visual customization of these NPCs ?

12. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

There never was an intent of that pledge reward to visually adjust those NPC's, just a history/story and name. Now if your talking about POT NPC's, that's coming but not for quite a while more than likely an E2 consideration from what I know.

13. Brighton Rock

Brighton Rock Avatar

read this:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f.../npc-submissions-requested-for-harvest.82279/

• NPC visual customization, as you may have noticed, is still at a very early stage in development. Right now for the backers who want to be added to Harvest, we cannot offer any visual customization options beyond our standard gallery of NPC models. If you would like to have input over the visual customization of your NPC, you can wait for further releases when we can offer this. We will also allow a one-time visual re-customization once customization has been added if you would like to add your NPC now. We have no ETA on when this will be available.
    and this:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/design-your-own-npc.10529/

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    Cordelayne, Sentinel2, Koldar and 2 others like this.
  14. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Yup.

There have been several requests over the years for NPC's. I had the impression there weren't many who responded to these requests. I've had several added in game.

Looking forward to a Family Crest. I'd love to add something like that to weapons or armor. Like a makers mark. Not sure if that would ever happen as a feature. But that would be awesome to add :D

Ok my bad. I just re-read it again. Looks like that WILL be included in R51.

w00t!

---
    Heraldry: Players will be able to create heraldry through a blazon system that can be displayed on shields, tabard chest pieces, and banners in game.

15. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Hmm...

While I understand these may be a low priority in the larger scheme of things that need to be done for release, I have to admit that I'm disappointed this won't make it in for another year. I also don't understand the need to outsource the creation of these custom heads. You guys have had the number of heads you needed to make for what? 18 months or so?

I'm not griping and am I'm not slamming your efforts. I just don't believe the explanation is adequate. I had this same feeling in my gut when you started changing the deal on PoTs because you sold too many and couldn't handle the number of static towns you would need to design. :-(

Cordelayne and Koldar like this.
  16. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

They just need to un-comment these lines:

if (GAME.mode == "Offline") then
    allTehMonstars.hp = allTehMonstars.hp /4
    end

Right? ;)

Oh wait. Is Lua support in?

P.S: @DarkStarr @Lord British Love you guys.
    P.P.S: Offline mode balance is totally #11 though right? :D

Koldar and Cordelayne like this.
  17. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

If R52 does signal the launch (which I have my doubts about, with as many changes as seem to be in the works), it seems that equating commercial launch to the same date of a release is a mistake.

In every release we've had, there are inevitably fixes or modifications that need to be made through patches over the next several days. Once those are done, that release is fairly stable for 3 week or so, until the next one comes out. Its an ongoing cycle, and due to the number of players on live versus the population on QA, its understandable that not everything can be caught in time.

You want release to be as clean as possible. Therefore, I strongly suggest that you have your release version on Thursday, as normal, then leave a small gap before the actual commercial launch on the next Tuesday.

As an example, let's say that we have to push back from R52 for three months. So I'd say the schedule should look something like this:

June 28, 2018 – Release 55 <Launch Candidate>
    July 3, 2018 Commercial Release
    July 26, 2018 – Release 56

Gorthyn, Astirian, Hazard and 2 others like this.
  18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I love what you said. As much as we need to get this game released one day soon we are seeing what is standing in the way. The promise has always been that this game will not be released before it is ready and I don't want to even discuss that since it is very speculative opinions and yet will it be ready for March and is there a chance to change our minds and push it a few months to be more ready? *sighs* sorry and you make a really good points @Browncoat Jayson.

Rentier likes this.
  19. RadioMan

RadioMan Avatar

I see nothing in this list of goodies to indicate group play will be addressed before "launch"

Right now, most everyone goes around solo or in a situation where a very powerful character is dragging a low level character.

There is next to zero benefit for a group of similar level players to cooperate together on content.

I know for myself, and many I know. There is only so much enjoyment I get from playing Solo.

Gorthyn likes this.
  20. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

And I know a lot of folks that group not worrying about any benefit. Grouping just to have fun with each other and play the game together. Perhaps the difference between those that play by the spreadsheet and those that just like playing together? Interesting question.

Elwyn and Vladamir Begemot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.