Massively OP's Most Anticipated MMO poll

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vladamir Begemot, Dec 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

2. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I wonder if we ever see Portalarium publicly acknoledge how bad the game is being received... Would be the first step towards change :)

3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I doubt that this will happen. I am waiting for someone to report me for posting those links, derailing the thread, badmouthing the game or whatever reason when this is just a link being posted...

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I don't think they should, everyone interested, on either side, should go vote in those too.

5. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

Crowfall eh? Anyone give it a try yet?

6. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Too much focus on 'Most anticipated' or how many new players will show up after launch. Just play the game, give feedback and have fun. If you enjoy playing, then there is a reasonable expectation that others will as well. Given the vast amount of titles out there, heck 20 years later and UO is still going, one must moderate their expectations of what 'success' looks like. Are there enough players to keep the lights turned on at Port? That is it, that is all.

Cypher Black

7. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

But someone already did ;)

Bob Kelso2 and Johnwick like this.
  8. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Waiting to see the critics... one of their lead devs is the man behind trammel :p

That was the game I wanted to originally kickstart... however I came here thinking finally a ultima reboot that will be far, far from a trammel.

Boy I was wrong :D I don't regret my pledge... just disillusioned.

Salix, Johnwick and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  9. Koss

Koss Avatar

I agree with Cypher. People need to loosen up a bit.

10. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

After 4+ years, I am as loose as I will get. I am the dead horse that gets beaten.

Gia2, Mortanius, 3devious and 7 others like this.
  11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Grrrr what is wrong with people?

Stundorn and Johnwick like this.
  12. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Oh so that is how you move around with no legs... o_O

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  13. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

yep, that's what makes me a good horse. Undead horses cannot be be beaten to death contrary to beating a "dead" horse. :p And having no lower torso does make me "loose" bwahahah

Johnwick, Grimace2 and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  14. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Indeed and that includes not panicking when people say negative things about the game... Portalarium has a very impressive following, many of the people who originally backed are just waiting for the game to release and couldn't be bothered with the drama.

Doom and gloom makes me laugh ; when its silent and there is no hard to swallow feedback, that gives me the creeps.

3devious, Gorthyn, Johnwick and 2 others like this.
  15. crossbowsoda

crossbowsoda Avatar

50 votes seems respectable (given the vote distribution for other games/options -- 41 votes having gone to 'Nothing,' after all). It seems like the 'type' of MMO matters here. If we break them down by type, SotA seems to have had a good showing in the poll (weighed among its peers).

Even without acknowledging the differences in what each of these MMOs offer and having thrown them into a single list, that makes SotA... 9th out of 40? You can only pick one option, which I think is big -- maybe SotA would wind up as folks' second, third option.

Plus, having WoW Classic in there... yeah. The results could be worse, for sure, and I don't find them particularly worrying. *shrug* To me, it seems that it could be argued as a good outcome. That said, I'm lazy and don't feel like crunching numbers.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    jolanar, Olthadir and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  16. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

Sota just needs to figure out how to make combat, adventuring, gathering, and crafting fun. The housing is spot on.

If they can make all those categories fun and not tedious combined with the housing we have a great game.

Also performance would help.

17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

A few things:
    • If the game isn't what you want and you're thinking major system changes are needed then you will likely be very disappointed on release.
    • If you're thinking that things need to work the way they do in <some other game> then SotA will probably never make you happy and you should sell off your assets (if any) and move on.
    • If the reason you don't like the game is because of yet unimplemented features (such as castle sieges and factions) then you might reserve judgment until after they actually get time to work on those items.
    • If you dislike how empty the world is then you might as well stick around at least a little past release to see what happens.
    • If you feel that you can't sell anything from your vendor and that just rubs you wrong then, again, you might wait until more people are playing before proclaiming SotA a flop.
    BTW, I've seen plenty of pre-release games that were massively discredited go on to become huge successes.

18. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

There are alot of things I like and many things I don't like. I hope by launch they work some magic!

A few content things though that would make me flip out about this game would be.

1. Taming ( what they have now I don't count, and no not about power the default excuse)

2. Fishing/deep water boat fishing.

3. Treasure maps and lock picking skills.

4. Group instance dungeons and a que system.

5. Pvp battlegrounds like Arathi Basin or Wsg.

And a fix to tax vendors to post Tax vrs Pre tax (please no lame excuse people will use vendors as storage to place a vendor you need a lot deed the min ROW can hold 40 containers x300 items each) .

Those are really the most exciting things on my list of content wants, hopefully esp 2 I can play cheerleader.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  19. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

I was speaking to one of my colleges at work last night about what the most important aspect of a video game is and we both ended up agreeing it's the story. A good story not only hooks you into the game, but also provides a lasting impression of good memories that keeps you coming back to the game. I've been really impressed with what Chronicles of Elyria is doing around this and can't help but feel Shroud of the Avatar is lacking in this area. I haven't played this game in ages now, so I'm wondering if the story has improved over time and if it's worth playing through?

20. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Happy new year Valor, I really respect you from your first video , how bad game ? Sota has almost no competitors now, who have the chance to release. And it will kill almost everybody in few years...

Johnwick likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.