think i'm going to do something insane for the march launch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dorkish, Jan 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

going to see if i can gather 5,000 gold silver and copper ore to make plate armor sets to give away to new players any of you other crafters are welcome to join in :)

gtesser, Antrax Artek, Nelzie and 8 others like this.
  2. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

Sounds very generous.

3. Zexarium Dragonheart

Zexarium Dragonheart Avatar

Sounds like an interesting project that will get you some nice producer xp! I hope it goes well!

4. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

I have been gearing up for launch here in March. It will be fun experiencing shroud through the eyes of new players. What I would give to experience everything again brand new!

5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Maybe.....Delete your character AND forum account and start fresh for the new player experience....

6. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

well you can have more than one char on a account if you got the right founders package

7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Or an extra account. I sometimes play on an alt. And I still have two more that I haven't touched, other than daily Oracle visits.

8. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

I asked mac2 to try something similar. He was not amused. ;)

9. fonsvitae

fonsvitae Avatar

I am going to release 1,000 cicadas into the wilds of New Britannia to coincide w/ the influx of new players during the coming catapult launch.

I am also considering conquering a town.

Cordelayne likes this.
  10. Hellscream

Hellscream Avatar

Add me ingame, i am very into this idea!!You just set me a place to stock and you can count with me!
    Very nice idea!
    Grom Hellscream

Timmy Vortex and CatherineRose like this.
  11. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Personally I don't think handing new players a bunch of gear is helpful in any meaningful way, but that may just be me. Better to just interact them in game and help answer any questions or concerns they may have.

12. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

Imho i would not have any Powerkevel nor items to help when virgin into a new game/ rpg adventure. It would ruin every magic start and aproach. Let portalarium face sota big issues it their work

13. Hellscream

Hellscream Avatar

Well i don't think it's powerleveling nor a big thing, just some initial gear to start from, that everyone of us would loved when starting. I remember starting UO with ferocious fights vs chickens and hinds, when a valerous knight gave me a platemail, and it was like: Oh my Sir, i will honor you for all my life!

Apollo31 likes this.
  14. liquidkaos

liquidkaos Avatar

I think we should all just play in robes.

15. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Is there a time/date for when that second character is supposed to become available? I'm pretty sure that I grabbed that level of Founder Account...

16. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

When I go to make a replacement piece of armor or weapon, I will typically make 2-3 and see how the enchanting / masterwork goes. I pick the best and sell the left over items for cheap. I also sell the stuff I craft when I am trying to raise a skill. I think even 1-2 hundred gold is more than the 10-20 scraps I get from deconstruction. Lets face it, the chance you will actually reclaim some material is virtually zero. I think the number of times I have see something other than scraps since persistence is below 10.

17. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

think they mentioned that they will ad the extra char slots by release date if i rember right
    so soon i think :)

Nelzie likes this.
  18. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

well i can see your point but there is no way i can even get close to supplying every new player with a set of plate armor and i'm not going to be giving them any OP armor anyway just basic plate which should save them a death or two yes i know death is a no big deal at that lev but will take out a bit of the frustration for new players being killed by a rabbit :) the durabilty on it is not going to be that good either will probably only last them a cpl months at which point the should be able to look into buying some half way decent armor with 2x2 master works and enchants

right now i have about 3500 gold and silver ore and 1500 copper ore thinking of seeing if i can get to 10000 and 5000 by march and with luck will be able to make about a few hundred sets of armor i'd like to think we'd at least get over 10,000 new players so cpl hundred sets of armor is not going to have much of a effect other than that we do have a community that would like to help new players get started in a hard core game :)

19. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

If only we could have robes to wear over our gear like UO. I so miss that!!

20. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

cabilist robes :) after all they annoy us enough would only be fair :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.