Any Hidden Vale Love Forthcoming ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gorthyn, Jan 11, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

What with all the uncloning and quest re-writing/adding going on in Novia, I was wondering what the plans are for the uncloning of towns in Hidden Vale and the revamping of the quests there ?

@DarkStarr @Attenwood
    @Berek

Numa and majoria70 like this.
  2. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Aren’t most of novias towns based on the „test area“ Hidden Vale? I mean these are the original towns/scenes and no un-cloning is needed as they stay in this original design while the clones in novia get un-cloned to look different to the originals, right?

3. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

@Lum the Mad said that the Hidden Vale will be reworked after Novia is ready. Low prio because of not story relevant.

Numa and Black Tortoise like this.
  4. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Hmm that might well be the case (relatively new round here so was not aware of that) I asked that bit as Braemar, Kingsport (and Owls Head ?) all have "under construction" barriers at their default entrances so I assumed there was work to be done there ? If not perhaps those signs should be removed as they are pretty out of keeping with their surroundings.

5. Zexarium Dragonheart

Zexarium Dragonheart Avatar

So, is every single place in Novia going to eventually not be "under construction" and every single place will be unique? Is that the plan?

Cordelayne and Black Tortoise like this.
  6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Yes. And I hope that after that, they find some areas of Novia that are still a bit empty and add a few more scenes. (like north-east of Harvest, where there's a lot of empty) Then someday, Episode 2 will happen, and then there's going to be a whole new continent to fill out.

And I think the whole "make a bunch of clones to fill out the overworld, we'll fix 'em later" idea is working well. Not only did it not force them to rush and do sloppy work, it also let them get much better at making new areas. The first time I noticed was with Solace Bridge Outskirts, then Blood River Outskirts completely blew my mind. Compare with East Perennial Trail... oh wait, they updated that one, try West Perennial Trail, it's the size of a postage stamp. It's a night and day difference. I'd rather have three or four new awesome areas uncloned every month, than a bunch of junk right now.

7. Zexarium Dragonheart

Zexarium Dragonheart Avatar

8. darkskwerl

darkskwerl Avatar

I am pretty amazed by the level of quality new scenes have, versus the first few scenes that came online. You are completely right in the "night and day difference" comment.

I'm just now starting to really get back into the game after a long, self-imposed hiatus where I only logged in to check a few new things when new releases dropped. At first glance, it doesn't look like a lot has changed. But once I started moving around and going into scenes that I've never been in, all of the sudden the game feels leagues more alive than it used to, and the visual quality has gone up dramatically. I'm curious to see how upcoming polish passes on the Hidden Vale go, since that's where I've spent more time in game over the years than anywhere else. If current scene updates are any indication, it'll be beautiful when they're finished.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Numa and Elwyn like this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I love Hidden Vale too though. I hope we at least see them fix old water in these scenes and come through and add side quests and daily quests and splash more discoveries over the whole of hidden vale. Well really all over Novia as well. I am still entering small caves and places off the usual path that don't have discoveries. We need to make exploration mean something. Many people will just come into the game and climb to the highest mountain but while they are there what is the reward other than they just did it. Did they find a skeleton of a traveler who did not make it down from the mountain with his dying note written to his loved-ones.

Numa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.