Taming in the next 75 Days, is a Ranger going to be a viable template ???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Jan 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

You played UO for a very short time if you think that is true, or we'd have had tamer tournaments lol... honestly unless I was overwhelmed by something else that prevented me from casting, your dragon didn't give you a big advantage. Again unless I was unlucky or otherwise occupied...

I'm not sure what EA did with it, dragons were very powerful in a full on brawl, cause without being able to single out the dragon, peacing it, or paralysing it you'd be a ripe target. Even then I often found ways to trap them with simple sacks of flour on the ground, while I kept their master on edge.

It was balanced, for many years that I played, only a few had tamer builds, of course it had advantages, like most other builds.

I must admit tho that for the rest of the time I played on freeshards, and the most powerful dragons you could tame were toned down quite a bit, the most powerful dragons should always stay wild because they are in theory MORE intelligent than their supposed "master", thats a RPG impossibility to tame them. If you chose to try, as per UO's original rules, the dragon could turn against you mid fight, even if you fed him properly :p

An intelligent beast needs to want to follow you around for some reason.

Astirian and Elwyn like this.
  2. eli

eli Avatar

the old UO pets were better IMO.

back when you had to get lucky and find one with good stats.

back when a pet dying meant bye bye, you couldn't res them.

I'd take that trade off any day. Spend hours training my pet up so it's viable in high level dungeons (e.g. can solo mobs in the rise 1v1, but needs healing/assist for groups), with the trade-off that when i mess up, i lose that pet.

3. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

[​IMG]

eli likes this.
  4. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Did someone say "all kill no skill" ..i might have or not :p

5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok Summons ARE better than tames that is the problem. They cost 1/4 training to obtain, they cost 1/4 - 1/2 less focus to have out, and they do basically the same damage.

Summons in UO did not compare to pets at any level and that would be about right here if they balanced out to skill used to get them, again that is the point.

Pet controls are there they have also just been broken from the moment started, hot keys still do NOT work.

As for 16 telethons, if it takes that long you will be one of the only ones left to see it.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  6. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

You missunderstood me I completely agree that summons are better but constantly saying that makes them sound good, they are not.

As for the begathons I havent watched a single one and will never ever watch one, I have given up hope on this project but still follow it due to the vast amount of hours I have in it and quite a bit of change also forward to here the decs blame everyone else whin this pile of ... burns to ashe. What did I recive for my sacrifice? Unjust treatment from a very unprofessional dev team.
    My name is due to this being my last chance before permanent ban from the forums because I have been warned too many times LOL, not that strange with Borak running rampant at any suggestion of change.
    I have even been banned for what someone else have said even, was stated so in my notice as well.
    I would ve highly suprised if this is not my last message, I wish most here good luck with your future games. Unfortunatley SotA is the dead horse that have been beaten beyond any recognition not the subjects brought up over and over.

Ahuaeynjgkxs, Mykll and Weins201 like this.
  7. eli

eli Avatar

Their negatives come nowhere close to outweighing their positives. The only reason not to use one is laziness.

To illustrate that, consider that town buffs are "good" because, "why not use them?" not because "+4 int is so powerful!"

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  8. Bob Kelso2

Bob Kelso2 Avatar

Well the +4 int is with me at all times, while active. My summon is beating her face against the wall somewhere then goes off to do attacks of pretty much zero. Only ones "worth" using are water and wisp but hey they still suck too...

LastChance is up tho "he" was permanently banned from the forums

eli likes this.
  9. eli

eli Avatar

lol i can relate. There's a path in Rhun where your avatar can walk over a stone without jumping, but my bear cannot path over that rock, so decides to run all the way around the scene (at like 5x speed) to the back entrance, run through the big ruins, and pull all the mobs back to me at the main entrance. I do really like the fire bird though. If i set it on aggressive usually it runs into room before me and pulls some mobs to the entrance (instead of running all the way in to trigger them all)

disappointing about LastChance. I don't know him at all but I hope it is realized that his frustration doesn't come from him arbitrarily being an angry person, and that there are solvable reasons for it.

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Bob Kelso2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.