MOB Health

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Alley Oop, Jan 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i'd like to see mob spawns be a little LESS consistent when it comes to base attributes. every rogue in twins foothills has 850 health. not 849, not 851. 2% wiggle room in either direction would do a lot to make them feel a bit less interchangeable.

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

Maybe the mobs should have more random Str, Dex, Int, and the Hp differences would derive from Str, same way it works for players.

3. Alley Oop

well if you want things LOGical they gonna have to start spending their focus.

4. redfish

redfish Avatar

That would be cool if the devs could make that work, but seems like they decided it's not worth the effort for the downsides (I still think it would be cool)

5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I believe the reason for unlimited focus was that players would make them expend their focus to make them easy kills. Too exploitable.

6. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yes, they said too exploitable for the effort in making it work, and they felt for the benefits, since they could modulate skill use based on timers.

However, as a player I would still find it fun to use the environment against a mob or tactics or skills against a mob in a way to wear him out, or at least make him yield. Something about that is enjoyable to me, and much more so at least than currently existing exploits, like having the DarkStarr corpion follow me around forever in circles, while I regen, once in a while quickly stopping to spam DOT on him (that's how I killed him -- sorry, DarkStarr)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    Dartan Obscuro likes this.
  7. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

In nature things like height, strength, etc. etc. tend to be normally distributed.

8. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Another thing would to be to use a random amount of mobs for a respawn and a little less predictable spawn locations. As of now, mobs spawn in the exact location, with the exact same amount of mobs every time. This also goes for resources(ore, regs, etc.) Would be nice if those had say 32 possible respawn locations, which were randomly selected.

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  9. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Sorthious

More random locations for crates and barrels, too.

Heck, there are scenes where it might even make sense to randomize the location (or presence) of an entire bandit camp, or kobold or elf encampment.

10. Alley Oop

and yet, they do have randomization possible. you go to a scene with a horse herd and the number and ratio of adults to foals varies.

Sorthious likes this.
  11. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

Also, if you farm spots, I wouldn't mind seeing a named elite type mob spawn that would obviously be harder, like a mini boss or something. Can give him higher bag drop chance or a special weapon with possibility for crafting item or pattern on salvage. If you put one of these in certain areas for for each zone, would make people want to spread out more and get different spots instead of everyone framing the same thing all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.