Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Dbl click targeting issue.

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Paulie Walnuts, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

1/18/2018 7:43 PM
    Title: Dbl click targeting issue.
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Partial
    Details: If you use double click to target and attack a monster, you are unable to do so if a friendly player is between you and your target. You will target the friendly instead no matter if you click around them and on the hostile.

I noticed this with the dragons even when they were way up in the air trying to double click them for targeting.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Position another player between you and your target you plan to attack
    2. Double click the target you plan to attack on the other side of the other player.
    3. You will target the friendly player instead of the hostile even if you're clicking around them and on the monster.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz (32) System RAM: 32691
    GPU: NVIDIA Quadro K5200 GPU RAM: 8053
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.617.Date.01.18.18
    Area: BlackbladePass_NorthEntrance
    Area Display Name: Northwest Blackblade Mountains
    Loc: (178.4, 79.9, 4.5)
    Debug: QmxhY2tibGFkZVBhc3NfTm9ydGhFbnRyYW5jZXx8KDE3OC40MjMsIDc5Ljg3MiwgNC41NDkpfCgwLCAwLjg1LCAwLCAtMC41MjcpfDEzMDUuMTc3fDIyLjQ5NjE1fDYuMjQyNzcx

[​IMG]

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

"Somebody shoot that Trokip guy"

lol. Good times.
    So, it turns out your targeting bug was a little bit different from mine. I'm trying to determine whether him possibly being out of range is related. If no one was between you and the dragon, and the dragon was in range, would your target stick?
    Tag me in your response please so I see the notification. Thanks :)
    @Paulie Walnuts

3. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

@Lexie

I think with that particular dragon it didn't matter. One of them (I believe the ancient) had a very small hitbox you had to find to double click and target. It was right near the butt. The others you could click the body and wings, ETC.

I didn't have much problem targeting the other ones, but I tried to keep from having people directly in front of me. Something felt off the whole event for me, but I didn't actually figure out the targeting issue until right at the end.

I will do some more testing this weekend on it and let you know what I come up with. It's very possible it was because he was out of distance. However, I do believe you can currently target things that are out of distance, you just can't attack them. Do you know if that's an anticipated change going forward?

Chat soon,

4. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

Targeting seems to be okay now. I will update if I run into any other issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.