Fighting the Reapers

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Stundorn, Jan 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Hej,

I fought some Reapers yesterday with a guildmate and later i tried solo.
    I can handle them to a specific point where they suddenly do high crits and kill me.
    Am i missing something the Reapers are able to do.
    I first thought one of my buffs runs out, but in the next fight i maked sure i Refresh them.
    I also could use another build and skills, but i wanted to try it with my Standard build what i plan to Master.
    Any Information about Reapers Crits when they are under 50% HP?
    Or something they do, that can be avoided?
    I just fought them with a sword and fully buffed, with Spirituality Buff i'm Level 81.
    I used Ice shield, Def Stance, Dodge, Fortify Defense, Soothing Rain, Healing Grace, all 3 Stat Buffs plus C. Blessing and fought with Sworsskills plus Icefist and Ice Arrow, what do less damage, sure Fire would be better, but...
    Well i have a fire Build, bit i just dont like to use it and want to Master Water later.
    All the Beginning Bosses seem to be only vulnerable to physical and fire damage.

But as i said i can bring him to under 50% very easy and then he suddenly does immense crits and i'm down in seconds, although i have full HP until then. He first does some Damage anf then did Crits up to 300 what is more than 50% of my HP.

Any Tips?
    I'm sure if i use fire and kite i can do it, iirc i already killed one sone weeks ago while working on my Troll Build.
    But as i said fire and death are really not my thing, but i see that Death Shield for example is way more effective than Ice shield in some situations.

2. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

@Stundorn

Reapers debuff your avoidance. Once you got that debuff on you they will hit a lot harder. Maybe purify removes it, I have never tried.

Stundorn likes this.
  3. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I have face tanked them as ranged and that avoid debuff hurts a lot which I like. I killed him with my Death build and my Ranged build with no issue. Ranged was super easy, just run in a circle and charge shot. They are slow and easy to kite. Maybe if you can't purify the debuff, kite it for the duration of it and then resume combat?

Stundorn and belijaal like this.
  4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Irie, need to take a look at this debuff and counter it. Will try purify or kite or fire or whatever :D

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

when they throw leaves in your face, that's blind.

Stundorn likes this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

As state you have to see the Debuffs when they hit you :) this goes along the lines of fixing it so things re clearer to ientifiy.\

# rows of buffs / debuuf in the middle of a fight as small as they are are impossible to ID.

Tamsen and Stundorn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.