New Player wanting to enchant...Um How?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Sultry One, Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Sultry One

The Sultry One Avatar

I am a relatively new player and while I struggle with how tedious just about anything in this game is I decided I would try to take up enchanting.

I made some potions got my alchemy high enough to unlock enchanting now what? (this was extremely costly but far easier than cooking at the least)

I watched some videos but the problem is I cannot find a single recipe and I have nothing that I can make so um How? Everyone in the videos has all the recipes while I have Zero..

Where are the recipes needed to even begin training this skill?

Any help would be great, I have visited 4 different towns and wasted several hours trying to just get started, I am about to call it quits on all of the crafting.

I may sound like I am impatient and want everything now, while this may be true I do have patience. I just lack the ability to understand why so many hours are needed to do something so mundane as start a crafting skill.

Thank you in advance and I really hope they make the game start up far easier for new players with the official release practically days away. (anytime you can count the days in double digits days is a viable way to do it).

FrostII and moxiepilot like this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

First find somone with all the recipies and some time and have tem teach you all the ones that are teachable. If oyu are in game I will teach oyu lal I know but I do ot know 1/2 of them.

Enchanting Is easy to do but the resoureces needed are insane.

The tutorial you looked at who you how, the recipies I am sorry. Ask around find a guild ask them who their crafters are . . . .

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello there provolone6. The recipes in shrouds are either bought, found in chests or as loot, and if tradeable we can trade with you. Welcome to Shroud of the Avatar @provolone6. Yes this game definitely has a learning curve. So enchanting is not a stand alone skill. You use enchanting on items you have crafted. You can raise your alchemy by making potions, recall, teleport runes etc. So perhaps you plan to take up alchemy. My enchantment is 66 and I have raised it by enchanting rings, necklaces, and armor. In this game enchanting is like masterworking where it adds even more features to your crafted armors depending on your skill and success or failure destroys the item. So perhaps I am not understanding but I am in game now if you would like me to trade you recipes I have but beware it does take a while to trade a whole book of recipes and that is just the ones that are tradeable. I am Majoria in game and if I can ever help it would be my pleasure.

Edited

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I believe the enchant recipe is already in your recipe book. [EDIT: it has been pointed out that the recipe is not a default recipe. You'll need to track it down. Probably Owl's Head, or possibly Aerie? I'll check later and update] There is only one recipe for all enchants; if it is successful, you will get three random enchantments to choose from. If it fails the item will be destroyed. The requirements are an enchantable item, 10 mandrake roots, and 5 gold ingots. (And an equipped mortar & pestle.)

Socketing a piece of equipment with gems prior to enchanting also adds some magical school specific enchantments to the list of possible enchantments. (Though, not for bows yet.) To socket, you'll need to track down a recipe, both to socket items, and to create the gem from uncut stones.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  5. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

I just checked on an alt on QA, where I raised my alchemy to 40 and trained enchanting. You don't get the enchant item recipe by default in your book, and it is not discoverable.

It will have to be on an npc merchant somewhere, unfortunately I don't have the answer since I levelled this skill before they made recipes near impossible to find.

eli, Rentier and Numa like this.
  6. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Love the spelling, i am drinking too :)

Montaigne and Chatele like this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yes, it's the same as buying the tailoring masterwork recipe from tailors. the owl's head alchemist sells enchantment; presumably others in game do as well.

Numa and Rentier like this.
  8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Where's the "dislike" button when you really need it ?
    Apologies to the OP for the momentary disrail , but couldn't leave that one alone.

Weins201 likes this.
  9. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

When negativity is the dislike in your own post.

ever heard the xfiles theme song? here ya go

:rolleyes:

10. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

As usual.. useless banter.

As stated above.. youl need to track em down. Easiest is find a rich, old, bored gm enchanter to trade some, or buy em in owls head.

11. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Sorry, OP...
    We've taken this to a PM.
    Done here

12. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

@provolone6
    Welcome to SotA! I have not tried enchanting yet myself, but I know how difficult it is to find recipes. @Rosemourne has posted a Google spreadsheet containing the locations of vendors who sell recipes, and though it is still a work in progress, it is extremely helpful. (Thank you, Rosemourne!) I've put the thread on my watchlist so I can find it easily. See the thread here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...eets-recipe-locations-and-information.101636/ . Although the screenshot below shows where to get the recipe for Gem Socketed Chest Armor, you get search results if you search for "Enchantment" or "Masterwork" as well.

[​IMG]

Numa, Chatele, FrostII and 6 others like this.
  13. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

Wow that spreadsheet is so helpful! Selecting Enchantment recipe, it gives the following list of NPCs. Also keep in mind that for enchanting, you need a crafted item (to be enchanted), 5 gold ingots and 10 mandrake. Since mining is the best way to get crafting exp, I'd say it's better to hit a gold mine than to buy ore from player vendors.

Johann Morton Ardoris (Loc: 26, 53, -120)
    Alchemist Central Brittany (Loc: 433, 26, 253)
    Alchemist Brittany Alleys (Loc:)
    Alchemist Brittany Wharfs (Loc: )
    Alchemist Brittany Fields (Loc: 230, 45, 114)
    Karol Klauth Estgard (Loc: 137, 40, 146)
    Alicia the Alchemist Kingsport (Loc: 92.5, 25.5, -3.0)
    Alchemist Mud (Loc: 82, 18, -58)
    William Owl's Head (Loc: 96, 72, 45)
    Molly Reid Resolute (Loc: 32, 78, -210)
    Terrence Solania (Loc: 82, 18, -59)
    Amy Zand Spite (Loc: 131, 46, -42)

FrostII and discipleofweb like this.
  14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Oops. Yeah, it was a long time ago; I don't recall seeking it out to purchase it. I did look at a few recipe sites that list where to buy recipes, and none of them listed it available anywhere, so I figured my recollection that it was a default recipe was correct. I did randomly buy recipes early on, and I didn't do any enchanting until much later, so I just have just come across it and thought, "that'll be useful."

15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Early on, I think the easiest way to get gold is in the plains road encounter. Find a bandit on the road in a non-forest or non-desert area on the over world map. There's five gold ore nodes there, and the enemies are pretty low level. Also Understorm gold mine in Longfall, but my recollection is that it didn't actually have very many gold veins.

Numa and Vodalian like this.
  16. The Sultry One

The Sultry One Avatar

I want to thank you all for your efforts. I spent a few hours and all the videos I watched were useless. I had looked in Owl's head but I must have missed the correct NPC I will head there and check it out again. I saved the spreadsheet and will look at it when I get time. I am a hunter by desire and craft as I need.

Thank you again to all of the help!

17. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

Thank you for posting this link! I am also new to Shroud and I have been having a killer of a time finding recipes. Most of the recipes I have are from a high tier player that handed me a ton of cooking recipes.

I did discover a few Butchery recipes on my own by cutting up various animal carcasses (I would just drop them in the screen where you put resources), but overall I have never found other recipes by "experimenting".

This spreadsheet is going to be very helpful.

Numa, Chatele and Kara Brae like this.
  18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello StDrahcir. Welcome to Shroud of the Avatar. I am Majoria in game if I can ever help. And I am not sure how many recipes we can learn by experimenting anymore. We used to be able to learn by dropping the ingredients on the table but they took most of that out and chose to make recipes either bought off vendors, teachable, or found on loot tables and in chests throughout the world.

19. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

That sucks :(. I can understand some recipes like "Uber Flame Sword of Whooping Butt", but something basic like "Recipe for making Bronze Ingots"... why couldn't you figure it out if you have sufficient skill to do it (Assuming that is one that is available to experiment... not sure... haven't been able to figure it out yet).

I will add you to my friends list tonigth when I get on Majoria. Thank you very much!

20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes this is true. I was not happy that recipes like these were taken off the vendors and scattered among the world as loot. I would much have preferred us to get new recipes and unusual recipes scattered about the world as loot but alas it was not to be, so we move on and hope that we do get some unusual and interesting recipes to find instead of our main item's recipes that we need to craft with.

strabo and Numa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.