Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Mobs turning red like ultima online red pvp players

Discussion in 'Release 50 QA Feedback Forum' started by Kelly O'Shay, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

Portalarium, it looks pretty cool when the mob you are fighting turns red. But, why? This is not needed. The mob that is targetted is already marked. Maybe a slightly easier to see mark would be a good idea, but not turning the whole thing red.

Turning red should be added for sure, and reserved for a pvp player who is able to attack you. In other words in a pvp zone or if I am flagged the other pvp players should be red. Always. Even if they are not attacking me yet. (Exception is when they are stealthed.) And, pvp flagged players should be marked in some way, perhaps entirely colored yellow, if they are flagged and you are allowed to attack them if you choose to flag yourself in the dialog box. This way, you can see any players who are immediate threats, and you can also see players that if you choose to attack them or heal them (if added later) then you would be also flagged and subject to attack.

I have had a lot of trouble finding them in the forced pvp zones when being pickpocketed or attacked by a pvper. If they are wearing camo colored armor it is tough to see them. I think it would be perfectly fair for them to be solid red in this case. The sneaking avatar in stealth mode should not be red, I mean after they execute the first attack or try to pick my pocket they should turn red.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    Innascual Inch likes this.
  2. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I do believe they said they were going to put it on a toggle so you could turn it off and on

Hunter OfSouls and Servant King like this.
  3. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

I kinda like the idea. Especially if you have fire enchants on you or the ground, it will make it so much easier to actually see your target.

4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I really need that toggle.
    If it's going to look like a red postprocessing frame and cannot be turned off i gonna puke the whole day.
    Things like that can destroy the game for me completely.

I hope for a switch, because i'm fine with the red recticle

Polaris Penguin likes this.
  5. Polaris Penguin

Polaris Penguin Avatar

It ruins the new models too :).

6. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Need a toggle for when you hold down right mouse button and get the aiming recticle. I am blunt and hit 3 targets at once, I do not need to aim!

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I prefer the highlight over the recticle. I despise the recticle. So much so I can't even spell it.

Astirian likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.