Creature patterns ($$$$$ port!!)

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by eli, Jan 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eli

eli Avatar

So when I was marveling at my parties collection of water elementals, I had an epiphany. My mind went back to r30ish when everyone ran around in the exact same armor.

What if the reward pets, add-on store pets, tamed creatures etc. could be salvaged for a "pet pattern" which could be applied to any tamed or summoned creature?

You wouldn't be punished for preferring an Arctic fox to an obsidian bear. There would be less of the same model running around behind every Avatar, the combat balance wouldn't be changed at all, all the hard work put into creature models would be utilized, and most importantly: port could make a ton of money selling new pets in the add-on store.

Thanks!!! I look forward to paying you

2. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

I would be completely alright with this. Or do the salvage for tames and do different models for each elemental. With just 3 or 4 different model (shape, size, male/female, creature, etc.) For each elemental (and not changing the color for similar model ones like fire, air and eater), I think that would be good. Hell, I'd probably buy all of them and run a different model each week.

Nelzie likes this.
  3. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

omg. No!

redfish likes this.
  4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

My squirell hitting hard like a fero red?

Nice :D

Nelzie and eli like this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Has to have a few restrictions ; Wolves can be Wolves / doges / cat - Lizard Types . . . . - Sider Types (possibly ad the mimic) I thkn you get the idea thow.

No way can a Squirrel or Rabbit be a FRS in a rabiit suit. would be kool but have to be clearly identifyable.

Stundorn likes this.
  6. eli

eli Avatar

Maybe some restrictions...

but keep in mind you can determine how strong something is by its HP, and none of the pets are really super powerful anyway.

for pvp (where it would matter), FRS is worthless due to its focus penalty and how slow it is. This would also be true for a squirrel spider.

Personally, I want a my black cat to cast wisp spells.

I would be ok with the signalling as applied to armor patterns (e.g. when you target it, "Bodice top (Epic cloth chest)" / "Deez Nutzz (Ferocious Red Spider)")

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  7. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I would be happy with being able to have a bound water elemental look like a bear or wolf or a spider, have the shape of those creatures, but still be clearly made up of water, having a translucent blue coloration, along with the red/rune binding stripe wrapping around the summoned elemental.

8. eli

eli Avatar

that would be interesting, but patterns would require much less development and modeling for far more flexibility.

9. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Why not different variations of same pet... making a bear look like an elemental can be confusing in pvp especially.... different bear skins for bear pet seems more appropriate.

10. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

PETA would have a field day with this kinda post. What I’m basically seeing is that you want one pet to wear anothers skin, right? o_O

(j/k, ya monster :p)

I’d rather the taming system overall be made more extensive and the pets unique than taking this kinda shortcut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.