Terms of Service and Pay to win with Powerleveling service provided on marketplace

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Halfwitte, Jan 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halfwitte

Halfwitte Avatar

Still pay to win either way.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  2. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Oh mylanta!. I've been selling XP for rl money for over 8 months. Search my previous posts. This has never been an issue because, ITS NOT AN ISSUE. I am sorry but I know about your conflict with so and so and you could have just went to friends mode instead of going ham and inditing something that has never been a thing.

I'll power level you for free for an hour, then afterwards, ill charge you twice as much. You can accept to take it or leave it, but remember, after the first hour you may not want to leave!!!!

I may charge for the second hour, an in game hug, 3rd hour $500 bills.

amarious, Mac2 and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  3. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Whatever.......

4. Halfwitte

Halfwitte Avatar

Double of free or nothing is still nothing.

5. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Fine, lets go exp. you win :(

amarious and Mac2 like this.
  6. Halfwitte

Halfwitte Avatar

I'll pick my toon up in a couple hours, are you already in KRUL I'll port to you?

Valor likes this.
  7. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

We'll have to do it tomorrow cause its like 12:17 midnight and valors face looks like a wilting ham

Thwip, amarious and Mac2 like this.
  8. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

If that's what you believe you are doing I strongly recommend to check your priorities. This is a game on the interwebz. Go fight for freedom, equality or women rights. Because posting on this or any other interwebz forum isn't going to make you the hero you want to be.

amarious and Mac2 like this.
  9. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Guys it's all good. An understanding has been made and this thread is understood with OP and secondary. No worries anymore.

10. redfish

redfish Avatar

If someone buys me a coffee irl, I will join a party with you in game and let you do some XP sharing.

(Btw, I really don't like the XP sharing mechanics, but I don't care what players do among themselves. IMO if game mechanics are exploitable in a bad way, then its the mechanics are bad, and not the players who exploit them)

Spoon, Hornpipe and Valor like this.
  11. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Star bucks Green Tea Lemonade is so amazing. You should get the venti with 2 pumps of liquid sugar cane.

Fister Magee likes this.
  12. Womby

Womby Avatar

Exchanging real-world cash for XP is clearly pay to win. The fact that Portalarium isn't the one collecting the money is irrelevant.
    Pay to Win is a contentious subject. Some people are OK with it, while some are not.
    Yes, it will happen anyway, but allowing it to continue in the forum marketplace indicates tacit approval from Portalarium. In my opinion that will generate bad publicity at launch and cost sales - but that's just my opinion.

(Edited)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  13. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

sota earns no pay to win off of players help to invest hours of time, to further a player.
    some persons exceed some player levels due to help.

ill change my advertisement.

15% in gold, give me that. there fore any subject in such is relatively trolling.

quit the jealously.

14. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

Acctually the EULA says:

You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:
    (c) performing in-game services in exchange for payment outside the Game, e.g., power-leveling;

If you just stand still outside the Monkey room while one guy farms you a million XP is some kind of Exploit of the group system. You get XP without even do any dmg or action, simply by being part of the group. You get something without afford ... like macroing or botting.

15. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

This will be huge on the news again ;)

16. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Re-read the Terms. For this to apply, you need to exploit the game. And, as curious as it sounds, the suggested service here does not involve exploiting. It's only using a bad design. @Mac2 is not the only person who fight in the Monkey Room. He is not the only person who use his tactics.

If people want to pay a "generous person" $15 for something like that, while it would be easy to find people who offer that for free, it's not our business. Personally, I think I would feel ripped off with such a deal, but it's legit.

The problem here, is that the game still offers industrial ways to grind experience with no challenge. Some AOE spells deals simply too much damage at a time. Using death spells on mechanical creatures such as the Shock Monkeys sounds completely wrong. The same with Corpse Explosion.

But even if those bad design were corrected, nothing, in this quoted part of the Terms of Service, prevent anyone to sell experience, for now. And as it was mentioned above, people are selling gold coins, so, even if Portalarium tried to forbid this, it would fail, because people would simply buy gold coins and use gold coins to pay for a training service, so...

Sway and Spoon like this.
  17. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

I would report it and see what happens. In fact I just did. If it is against the EULA or TOS it will have consequences. I am not sure if the CM knows about that as usually things like that are sorted a level higher. Would be interesting to see what Travian says to that as well.

18. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

This is exactly how i feel about it.

Honestly might as well just sell exp pots directly from store and just accept the pay to win already.

I understand theres nothing they can do to prevent private power leveling.. but allowing it openly on th3 marketplace and giving players permission to advertise for sale, is exactly that, ending the p2w argument.

Bubonic and Kpopgurl like this.
  19. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Wasnt that the very reason why they shut down the CPs for some time?

Kpopgurl likes this.
  20. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

How long has this been going on?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.