Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Rage - DPS nerfed over 50%

Discussion in 'Release 50 Feedback Forum' started by Thief, Jan 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Definitely there is something wrong. We are a bunch of players tested using static or stunned targets. Its not the damage, is the amount of crits. Thank you for posting numbers.

2. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Indeed it has.. hence my question..

3. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Skill spamming was nerfed.. a little shift in meta which I appreciate. Unlearn is 100%. Make use of it ;)

4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Purely speculative, but it almost seems that damage from behind may now be ignoring armor more, as opposed to just doing a straight critical hit chance increase and critical hit damage?

5. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Maybe for mages, try a duel vs a spearman ;)

Btw the era of defensive skills spamming is here :D
    Atleast this is realistic, when i see someone casting i just put up my shield in front of him.

Realism is what we need, instead of seeing stone missiles hitting like pencils to the wall.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    Sara Dreygon likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is why @Chris gave skills like Dodge and Evasion a massive boost for the first two seconds - so you have some way to react to stuff like that.

Kpopgurl likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I would wait, at least, until the current round of patches are finished though.

Stundorn and Kpopgurl like this.
  8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

If they somehow, miraculously, manage to balance the trees in the next couple/three months - you might wish you'd not dump'd as much.......
    I am going on the assumption that all trees will be "balanced" - or - what's the point of having the choices ?

Stundorn likes this.
  9. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Based on what are you write here, I even don't want to test my archer now :D

Dhanas and bigta1982 like this.
  10. psteg

psteg Avatar

Looks like I will not invest any more money in this game, not even the lousy five dollars per telethon. When my character has been nerfed as bad as this, I am on my way out. I now take 2-3 times longer to kill a lower end mob, hit for 4 and five and critical 22. I have GMed just about everything in swords am at level 98 have 790 hit points and this took over a year to build. I used to hit 150 - 200 critical and normal 40 -50. This is so very wrong. I was going to buy a city bundle, but now they wont get squat off me. This is the last straw, either fix this or AMF.

11. psteg

psteg Avatar

Why was this not put into QA?

12. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

If it's helpful - doing some testing and just shot another player who was naked and no buffs active square in the back with a 4-stack of Aimed Shot at level 93 - did 103 damage.

13. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Woah... I never knew that! I should mess around with that.

bigta1982 likes this.
  14. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

On my screen... I'm behind him. That should be a stab in the back.

15. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

I can tell you that crits from the back are bugged. I spent about 4 hours in Crag foothills where I normally farm and my opening move is body slam,. Thrust comes next with about 90 pct crit hit and dmg and now I barely hit 20 pct from back Believe me that a stunned mob does not move and I am directly behind him. Took me twice as long to get 300k xp there today not to mention the focus cost of taking 6 hits to drop something I would normally do in 2 half the time.. R/Boris/El Pirata

P.S. They are parrying my hits while I am behind them too which is not supposed to happen expecilly when stunned.

Hornpipe and Sara Dreygon like this.
  16. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I was hitting 5 stack Aim Shots from 168 crit to 1024 crit... that range is huge and I like it narrowed. I am just sad the I crit less and for less since I built my character bursty.

17. Halfwitte

Halfwitte Avatar

Playername = Tedio and he doesn't use warding gear btw he's just a good player and he's beatable and he's not immune to CC, knock back, knockdown, or root (anyone can just jump out of root, which makes skewer easily es-capable), the 100% crit bonus is warranted as pole arm base crit chance is so low and no pole arm skill does anymore damage than another skill at the same level without modifiers unlike other skill tree abilities eg. aim shot or thrust that have higher overall damage per hit than their counter parts. Anyone not a bow user can use poisons even wand users who get the same poison bonus as sword users. Sword users have healing modifier skills too as well as dots so nothing special there. They've nerfed the range on Pull skills and provided a roll check for the player being pulled so it can be avoided if you throw a saving roll or just have high enough stats.

Not really sure what the issue is here and what the beef is with pole arms or with Tedio? He's not running GOD mode like List Rostov and to his credit he changed it, so fortunately for Tedio or he wouldn't have stood a chance, but he's immune from ransoms, because he's a Dev which I don't think is fair. More to List's credit he at least turned it off unlike other developers who turn it on at Dance parties where Darkstarr is the DJ, but still remain flagged for PVP and are un-killable, also not fair. The new combat math was just implemented so things are going to be a little wonky for a while, but there is a 100% un-train on everything so feel free to take advantage of it and try something new. They also just boosted PVP dps by a fair amount so you should see a boost in damage, but Tedio is also more lethal from the boost as well. Be careful what you wish for you just may get it!

PS. @Valor everyone in Mangar has noticed a boost in damage mages and melee's included, so pretty happy with the changes as the median damage is a great deal higher so no more of those wimpy what in the world 5 stack puny hits. We like the changes. High top end hits were just a waste as pretty much anything over 1k is a waste on a player, because most players don't have more than 1k HP anyway. Better to have that top end damage reallocated to the middle range where it's better utilized.

It really didn't affect us as we're not the 1%. Just imagine where the 120 Sneak attack is going to be with 120 points in Stealth with 30% more PVP damage all we'll have to do is crit and most will die on the first hit! Thanks for the boost Chris.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  18. addrox

addrox Avatar

All melee or just bladed combat? Including Spears? Hammers?

19. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

@Halfwitte i still cannot understand your goal, but just to be clear the boost asked was an impartial one.
    What i said in the quote is what all already know and yourself mentioned in another thread, full warded players with all magic resist boosts are runining the balance of the game cause they can be near to immune to a magic school.
    Combined with polearms (objectively atm most op weapon tree) can grant 100% victory to a casual player vs experienced pvp mages.

I'm glad you and your guild are happy about changes, i'm still testing right now, near all ppl i fought after the 723 are really happy and i finally see a lot of pvpers around.

The only thing we can do is say thanks to @Chris wich has finally solved a big issue in pvp making it more skill-based, less boring and more satisfactory in an impartial way.

20. Halfwitte

Halfwitte Avatar

@Antrax Artek you're the most heavily warded player I know. Very few people in my guild use warding at all, but I'll agree it's useful, but it's not ruining the balance of the game, because you sacrifice offense for defense therefore balance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.