Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New Math...and PVP

Discussion in 'Release 50 Feedback Forum' started by Antrax Artek, Jan 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Dear, damages i mentioned here of stone arrow were tested on Dhanas with no warding gear and potions, i think you're just assuming a lot of things. Indeed on some uber spearmans with warding gear, with new math, i critted 5 damage from stone arrow and 7 from lighting looking at my chatlogs.

As @Chris always said if a player plays well and better than others must be able to compete with ppl with around 20-30 more levels especially when someone train and pratice everyday vs players, instead of grinding mobs all the day.

Not everyone like running away to the oracle or switching to friends when enemies are not outnumbered or is up a new release with some serious issues, like the 20+ levels players you mentioned did.

As you know for sure, using spears+warding gear i won (until i dropped them) vs the leader of virtue league Group A (level 120+) when i was still level 93.
    The reason i unlearned spears is the fact they're too uber and unfair especially if combined with the warding system, converting the highest level earth/life mage on server into a piece of meat.

On the other hand someone might like uber weapons cause (i'm not accusing anyone, but i'm just supposing) for the first time in his pvp career also with near no pratice and training can kill everyone around and collecting some good ransoms.

This is exactly the point i was trying to get in "Random Discussion About Chris' Daily Blog", thank you for confirming that. I just hope @Chris will find a solution to keep the skill-based part and not the ward based one.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  2. Thief

Thief Avatar

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The screenshots are pretty much explain everything. A mage can spam 100-200 chain lightining and I use posion+rend+hamstring and attacks behind. I am uninstalling the game. Will sell stuff after the launch. I am wasting time here.

3. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

We're talking about day and night, me about an user with a full set of warding, passive resist, elemental potion and flute of defiance (with high block, dodge, avoid and parry chance) and you about an user with no warding, trying to do damage with the last nerfed sword combo.

Btw the mage u're fighting is maybe one of the strongest, skilled and well trained player i ever meet in game.

PS: I can crit from 40 to 70 with rend, probably no rend damage on weapons.

4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

One thing that you guys have to keep in mind is that Warding gear only comes from knowledge... If I run around in earth warding gear, I pretty much don't do anything special unless I run into an earth mage, so if I do I'm lucky, but if I go in a zone KNOWING that an earth mage is in that zone or might be, and that I plan to fight him, then my earth warding gear is me adapting to him, so what can he do? Adapt to me and use another school of magic!

"BUT DUDE I DONT WANT TO USE ANOTHER SCHOOL OF MAGOC I AM PURE FIRE NOTHING ELSE"

Well, expect to have people realize that and then get themselves some fire warding gear, douse and potions ready for when they see you, and kaput you go, you become useless...

Alot of stuff here is about how people adapt to you k owing ahead of time what you will be doing, but you not adapting, just asking to be given some help to work it out. Alot of skill goes into learning your enemy in my opinion, and knowing what and who those one trick ponies are means I can never die against them. If you don't want to adapt, then don't, but don't go crying that I adapted to you and that now you can't beat me, because I just used you against yourself.

Still doesn't mean I don't agree PvP math needs a rework (I don't know if any changes went through yet) but I think that people are mentioning things that are working as intended to try to add onto the fact that the math is wrong, simply because they don't enjoy it.

5. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

I agree that ranged is way too weak again. For some reason it seems very difficult to balance that playstyle.

What you have to consider for the earthquake is the time it takes to charge up a 5-stack. That's about 10 seconds. Also it's almost impossible to hit someone kiting you with earthquake. Maybe after a lightning stun and then you're usually better off following up with other spells.

Hornpipe likes this.
  6. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Indeed two of your strongest earth mages with more than 30 levels difference, lost vs me as spearman critting on me something like 50 from stone arrow in old releases during virtue league. I can just imagine in R50.

I have no problem to skill up again spears, equip my warding gear and take some screenshots vs these when they're online in game;)

PS: in Virtue league there are no res. potions and no flute of defiance, so all of us know what can happens in a normal pvp encounter outside the tourney.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  7. Thief

Thief Avatar

Pressing chain lightining again and again is not a skill. Before it was death ray. When I put my 5x charged strike on someone's neck. It should hurt and should hurt alot. 30 secs of attacking shouldnt be recovered with a lousy heal.

8. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

You are aware that all spells got nerfed right?? you can get glancing blows off corpse explosion and all other spells too now... just dont run into one of the highest pvpers in the game and expect to mop the floor with him because he fixed his deck for r50 and you didnt. The new defensive boosts are more than enough to stop the opponent you faced, but you obviously werent using them. I faced him yesterday and he was one of the hardest opponents Ive played against in this game but with the new changes, I was able to outlast him for at least a minute until help came to save me. Why? because I used the new changes to the defensive buffs to my advantage and kept rotating them with heals, I didnt notice him doing more damage, just much less. Also since you appear to be swords, you should be getting behind him so you dont get any glancing blows anymore. Rend and hamstring does more damage than my fire dots, I dont see why you would complain about DoTs. Especially since I remember you one shotting cloth mages from sneak attack...

9. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

I'll try to ignore your personal attacks, i'm just thinking you're reading differents threads and answering in this one for all of them.

Indeed i mentioned the tourney just cause there are hard rules and we have to understand what happens outside.

What we need is to balance things outside of tourneys where ppl have no rules and go around as you mentioned with: Full warding gear, res. potions, flute of defiance, passive magic resist, attunement magic resist, and resist (Armor defense) combined with cds like block, parry, dodge and avoidance. Too often vs outnumbered but more skilled/trained mages.

The problem is that all these things together make mages unuseful versus these players in 100% of fights, tourney or not.

You're simply agreeing with me from your first post like:
    Warding and resist make some players unbeatable from mages.
    The situation outside the tourney is worst and more disadvantageous for mages.

I have already read a post for devs written by one of above mentioned high level earth mage of your guild, he noticed this issues long time before us.

devilcult likes this.
  10. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Honestly for any changes to make sense one needs to play the system before accepting math as a legit way to balance.

11. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

As player i feel the duty to point out problems, and you gave a good contribute indicating in details what were they.
    I just seen a lot of salt in your words.

12. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I forbid you to quit, Ferohir. :)

Just be patient. Things will get balanced, one way or another.

13. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Still ! My aching back ! :confused:

Yes, of course, it was not a very realistic fight we did but well, I already noticed how earth quake can be devastating without stacking when I use it myself. Hard to say if it's "balanced" or not on my side, but, obviously, physical attacks with bows were completely useless, until the R50 at least. I still need to test with the new release.

belijaal likes this.
  14. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Don't worry :D after r50 damage system is totally different. BTW have you tried a full earth warding set?

Hornpipe likes this.
  15. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I didn't, as long as with open PvP, you can't predict who you will be facing the next day. Then, using a full *one element* warding gear is somewhat useless.

As long as you plan to protect yourself against Earth, you'll meet a sorcerer or a necromancer. Murphy's law.

Chatele likes this.
  16. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

I have only one question. If in 49 I was unable to kill the good armored target by the archer, then in R50 I should not even try?

17. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

As non mage character at the moment, you can use flute of defiance, res potions and damage resist if you don't like a full set with warding. My advice is to have more than a warding set, for every situation or combine some parts ;)

18. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

The potions and the flute of defiance make sense. I should use those, especially since I have what is needed. That said, playing a flute when fighting sounds original :D

19. Thief

Thief Avatar

Irrelevant.

Mage hits you 100 - 150 - 170 (you are dead in 20 secs)
    Ihave defensive skills over 120. What do you have?

and your argument is but all skills got nerfed?

My 4x hamstring hits 2, 5, 10
    It takes about 30 seconds to build that. And guess what. it does not even brake natural heal regen of a MAGE.
    Please consider better arguments. When some build literally is immortal please do not defend that build. I might be heart breaking.

20. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

my 5x flame arrows ticks for 1....
    your hamstring is a snare
    the new buffs to defnsive skills affected everyone
    he isnt immortal, he is a good player with a solid build

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.