SPOILER - Quest of Truth

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Nelzie, Nov 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I couldn't even see that I had a choice regarding not killing the children. There was no indication, it was an accident and now I feel that my character is dinged as a child murderer for no good reason. This is one of the final rooms on the Path of Truth.

It was very uncool.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    Witcheypoo likes this.
  2. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

It's a hallmark of Lord British since Hythloth in Ultima V. Made me queasy, myself.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  3. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I would have guessed that something like that MIGHT have happened if there had been some clue, like... previously stepping on stones causing things to move. I haven't seen that anywhere else in the game. So, the first time you see something like that... it's a murderous result.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  4. Olthadir

Olthadir Avatar

There are a tonne of floor plates that cause traps to move around the game. I've seen at least ten or more.

That said, it was sudden that those kids were killed. Not saying it wasn't a surprise, and I certainly didn't think there was one, but there is a precedent for the tile/plate.

I don't know if I ever, ever would have seen the plate and not stepped on it.
    But I know that I am always looking for them now.

Witcheypoo and Nelzie like this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

...right. there's precedent in game for those plates being used to open doors, too.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  6. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

I came back to sota to give it another go. Wanted to go thru all the quest line. Only did love path a year and a half ago. So started with truth this time. And i must say this quest felt weak not one meaningful fight if no fight at all. And like you at the end felt like a **** for not seeing that pressure plate. Now on courage path and this feel so different in quest contents. Like this was made by someone else with new dev toys. Anyway. Sad to say im not so opptimist on whats ahead. Even tho it feels alot better then it used too

Witcheypoo, LoneStranger and Nelzie like this.
  7. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

That's the very first time that I have ever seen a pressure pad do anything in this game. If there had been more scenes, earlier dungeons or areas with those, I would have perhaps been more on the lookout for them.

I have since run into a location with two additional pressure plates, but.. man... that was a PITA to find out the hard way.

Witcheypoo and Olthadir like this.
  8. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I only realized the plate was there and avoided it because my friend had accidentally stepped on it the night before in his quest. It's not a choice, it's an accident.

Witcheypoo and Nelzie like this.
  9. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

One that is treated as a choice, that dings your character's virtue.

Witcheypoo and LoneStranger like this.
  10. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

This is such a common complaint from almost everyone I've spoken to about it. They should change it to something that the player is *aware* they're doing. Like two switches that, when both are pulled, kids die and the door opens. If the avatar wants to avoid this, they can open the door with a key that's hidden somewhere in the room.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  11. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I think it needs to be a self-sacrifice choice. Perhaps as a demon that appears or some other Satyr-related beast. You can avoid the demon and kill the kids, or fight the demon for the chance to save the kids. However, the demon is super-powered and unbeatable, and only when it is about to kill you is it revealed that it and the kids was a falsehood... an illusion.

Witcheypoo and Olthadir like this.
  12. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Yeah, between this, and all the NPCs that autotarget has accidentally killed, I'm thinking the best way to be "good" in this game is to be as evil as you can, so that all your accidents end up helping people.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  13. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

I stepped on the plate twice. I had to make sure the plate was the actual reason the wee ones got wall poked. The curiosity got to me >.> ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.