I broke down 10,000 Yellow Supply Bundles

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by zerothis, Jan 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zerothis

zerothis Avatar

UPDATE: Stats are increased to 30,000 yellow supply bundles

Here are the results:
    goo.gl/sXvyvz

I plan on adding the other colors as well.

Sadly, the appearance of only 5 types of attunement rings, and the appearance of only 1 of several items, strongly suggests to me that my sample size is not large enough to provide the most accurate statistics. Also, there are some minor corrections to be made, my tally is short of a few recipes.
    All tallies have been recorded.

UPDATE: Yet again, the new sample size of 30,000 seems to be inadequate. For example, I got three Belt of the Patient Harvester from my second series of 20,000. Yet I got none from my first series of 10,000. I may need to increase the sample size to 100,000 for each color. 10,000 was a strain for the game engine and my ability to sort through everything with reasonable checks for accuracy of bundle and item quantities (there may be errors in weights and costs as I focused error avoidance for quantities). Sorting through the 20,000 caused my client hang many times for hours at a time and even hung my entire system for several minutes on occasion. There were also crashes, lots of crashes of the client. I even managed to crash my system. Yah, SotA can crash GNU/Linux, that's a feat! I'm afraid that my current sorting and checking scheme of 104 chests and 26 backpacks cannot be expanded and continue to function. Breaking down 100,000 bundles while still checking for accuracy will require me to acquire 3 additional properties!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    shep, smack, Spoon and 9 others like this.
  2. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

instead of [strike][/strike]

Code:

use [s][/s]

striked

:)

Spoon, Solazur and Sara Dreygon like this.
  3. TranZdog

TranZdog Avatar

how did you get 10000?

Proteus Tempest and Montaigne like this.
  4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Avatar

Zerothis has the patience of a Buddhist saint.

Obsidian Tempest and Solazur like this.
  5. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Strip of thick troll skin from a bundle? IMHO that sort of drop should be moved to just trolls.

No recipe for the troll belt though.. ?

And just thinking back to GW2 - a “sell junk items” option when interacting with an NPC merchant might be useful here.. I often regret opening a bundle to then have to waste time scavenging my inventory for items that are useless, like bark bread, cure plague, lemon bun, wheat roll, etc..

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    Waylorn and Innascual Inch like this.
  6. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I love the concept of the supply bundle, and the fact that it can drop useful kits/scrolls and the chance to drop nice things like full gems, or rarely - artifacts - is a neat addition to the game.
    But seriously, please stop with the tier 0 food that lasts 2 minutes. Nobody eats it. Also the single vegetables of various types. Maps? I mean, they vendor decently, but unless I could put them on the wall as deco, I'm not really interested lol. I'd rather get less out of a bundle (ie, maybe only get 1-2 items) than have my inventory filled with a raft of junk. This kind of negates the point of a "supply" bundle, like while you're out in the field, since you need to wait and open it once you get home and you're stood next to the large obvious sack labelled "trash bag."

Witcheypoo, Retro, Hornpipe and 4 others like this.
  7. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

10,000 bundles?

How much coffee and how many bathroom breaks was that?

Witcheypoo and Obsidian Tempest like this.
  8. Curt

Curt Avatar

He has proved to be a GM in patience.

Witcheypoo and Obsidian Tempest like this.
  9. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

The bundles were YELLOW because he WASN’T taking bathroom breaks. They were white when he started. :eek:

10. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I've gotten the Troll Belt Recipe from a Yellow or a Blue Bundle(I forget which), but I think it was Yellow.

11. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I maybe found 10 in the last 3 weeks playing in T5 areas.

I dont know if i have respect or mercy for him and ask myself why Portalarium support this dividing of players when they support powergrinding and create such gaps.

I'm just jealous, ignore me.

Ajivani likes this.
  12. zerothis

zerothis Avatar

Thank you, I appreciate that very much.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I have GNU/Linux as my fallback.

Or troll hide that can be crafted to troll leather and troll leather products. I definitely agree it should originate with trolls as milk should originate with cows.

6 liters of Pepsi MAX. 12 litters of water (because soda makes the body dump more water than soda put in). 112 bathroom breaks because my faith is imperfect :)

I'll except either or both insofar as _my_ small contribution to the event which was pretty much only 10,000 drags and 10,000 double-clicks and a bit of typing (I already had GNU/Linux installed, so that doesn't count). Also, I guess I should mention the proper disposal of 54,419 items. The SotA server has undoubtedly automatically flagged me so I will take efforts to avoid being banned. And it just wouldn't be right to personally benefit from this. The power of GNU/Linux should be used for good, not evil :)

13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

The idea of them is good, but the execution is poor. At the end of the day, the only thing people really want from them is artifacts and recipes. Instead of a 1\100 chance of a 1\100 chance to get something good, why not just a 1\10,000 chance of getting something good? I'd rather that supply bundles were more rare but always had a recipe or artifact. Otherwise it's like all your Xmas present except one (maybe) are socks.

Or, failing that, throw useful things in there. Crafting fuels, materials, arrows, reagents... I'd rather get one chunk of coal or maple wood than an onion, a map, and a cookie.

(I don't know what the actual odds are; I just needed some numbers to make my point. Those odds are made up.)

Witcheypoo and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  14. zerothis

zerothis Avatar

Working on it...

I actually don't think of bundles as a reliable source of rare items. Rather, they are a 2-13 item bonus from a source that normally gives not many more than 1 item. And it is good if these items are not useful _to me_ because I can sell, trade, or give them to someone who does have a use for them (SotA online is not intended to me a solo experience, do offline if you want that). As a Ranger-Rogue, my character wants food (for example) for Dexterity. A Mage would prefer Intelligence. A Fighter would want strength. Likewise for recipes. Lets trade.
    My landlord and mentor in the game has never fired a bow with his character. Arrows are not at all useful to him.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  15. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Somebody remind me what release it was that the "bundles" first appeared .........

16. Vero

Vero Avatar

No Ancient Essence issues for @zerothis

awesome log! awesome numbers. +1

17. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Release 44

18. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

So much useless food items in those! That would my biggest gripe in what dropped. All those "breads", baked trout, baked salmon, fish stew, Quiche, Pies, cake, etc. should NOT be included in a yellow bundle because anyone experienced enough to gain them would never use them.

These low end food items should be replaced with Wolf Surprise, Bear Surprise, Dragon Stew, etc. Save that low level food for the grey bundles please!

In fact, I would even prefer they just gave a gold value instead of the junk foods because it would save me a trip to an NPC merchant to unload them.

19. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

10,000 yellow bundles since July 27th is about 56 yellow bundles per day.

20. zerothis

zerothis Avatar

Unload them on new players. I'm certain this is what the devs intend.

I can acquire 32,768 bundles in about 4 seconds (if you count the time it takes to boot my computer). I think I mentioned I have GNU/Linux. However, it takes Earth days to open them all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.