Doubt about fluency - noob question... =(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by medrowivynton, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. medrowivynton

medrowivynton Avatar

Good afternoon guys, I would like to ask a question ... Only I have a problem with the flow of the game? in relation to the quests, in relation to the gameplay itself ... I do not know how to explain, but it seems that I do not feel "calm" playing, I have a difficulty to find the quests, to evolve the skills ... the game is good, hope, however, I have not yet been able to "develop" a character until the "end of the game"

2. medrowivynton

medrowivynton Avatar

I'm not talking bad about the game, i love the idea and the game, I just have this doubt, because I have not yet been able to develop a character ... I'm kind of lost with the gameplay... i played UO for 10 years, so i don't have problem with "quests helper" and this things... i'm just feeling a little lost... I have a dream to get gold, to be a crafter, to have a house (a tavern to be a meeting place for players), and these things .... but i'm kind lost in game =(...
    i bought this game in release 3, but never played well =(

in short, this is a kind of help request =,(

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Hard to say for me.
    I am used to the system by now. But yes there are gaps in the flow of leveling and questing in my opinion.

Cordelayne likes this.
  4. medrowivynton

medrowivynton Avatar

i see... maybe i just have not played enough of the game yet... I want to enjoy the freedom of the game, the universe, mechanics and this things ... only that I have not been able to "insert myself into the game" hahaha

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  5. eli

eli Avatar

polaris in this game is adventure level 100ish where you can do everything with little consequence. If you're not walking in that direction, it's very difficult to find any kind of purpose.

If you want to pvp, well, you can imitate a pvper and occasionally get lucky, but you will not be able to really compete until you have gotten high level.

If you want to quest, you can do so for a couple of weekends, but as you mentioned it is kind of more like a chore than something which pulls you into it.

You can RP if it's the standing around in town emoting variety, but if you want to RPG-style roleplay, it will be a struggle to find people who also want to RP and who also happen to be at a similar level where you are both being challenged.

Sadly, your dream of getting gold and becoming a crafter is only achieved 2 ways: as a consequence of becoming a high-level adventurer, or via real money.

"Climb when you hit the wall
    Dance to escape the coals
    Grind til you lose your nose"

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  6. medrowivynton

medrowivynton Avatar

thank yout for the comment...
    answering...

i don't like pvp... probably i will play just pve... and i like "rp", but it is not a important thing to real gameplay... not required...
    my "problem" it's about beeing lost... i'm doing a couple of quests, but i don't know these quests are getting me to a good place, or i'm just "lateing" me on my "leveling"
    i want to be a strong "sword and shield warrior", with some crafting skills (a couple, just for fun hahah), a house to call mine and stay relax to kill some monsters... i just don't know if i'm taking the right way to do this...

(and about real money... i'm good, just married a couple of weeks ago, so... there's no option for me hahahahahah)

7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Maybe try to find some people to play with you and answer your questions. I agree that this game has a steep learning curve, and that goals are hard to fix considering the majority of the content takes time to discover. I'll hit you up in PM and try to help you, but like I said a good bet is to play with veterans and ask them on the spot!

medrowivynton likes this.
  8. medrowivynton

medrowivynton Avatar

got it... i'm gonna play and try find some players to eventually help me... maybe i'm searching to a "quest helper" or a way to follow, but this is the fun about this game... you need read and try to understand and find the quest by your own... there's no "right way" to follow

9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Y
    A that is generally the point, Portalarium call the game a sandbox, and they want you to "live your own adventure". Quests in this game are not gonna guide you from beginner zones to intermediate zones to veteran zones and making sure along the way that you are following the general leveling curve, the quests are simply people who need help with something and they ask you to help them, no matter how hard the task ahead may be, so don't be surprised to fall prey to enemies far tougher than you can handle if you simply run around trying to finish off every single quest you encounter, but also don't expect to be guided to your next training zone, you have to find these zones that are appropriate for you.

Also, you can do what you want, so ignore people saying : "do this specifically as it's the best way to do it", and also ignore those saying "don't do this it is too hard". There is very often a way to do things for everyone, of course don't go hunting a dragon just yet, but if you try it yourself, you will see why I'm saying that, and maybe you can develop a strategy to do it on your own! That is the fun of this game!

Gorthyn likes this.
  10. medrowivynton

medrowivynton Avatar

this is great! thank you for your comment.
    I'm starting to get the point of the game. i know its a game "sandbox", with real liberty and this things... but my mind was looking for the "common mmorpg's things" like maps with quest-locations, "this map its for this level" and this things...

i don't need really DO every quest, so i'm gonna start search to a new map to level-up and increase my char.

just another question about de gameplay... do you also have a "problem" with enemies?? about aggro... i always pull 3-4 mobs, but this mobs aren't on the same spot... actually they are far way to each other... i'm killing they easy, but i'm always worried about pull a lot of mobs and be killed by them

11. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

That is not a problem, and is in fact intended. What happens is the mobs are noticing the fight, and are comming to aid their attacked friend. You will see this happening alot throughout the game, and there is 1 way I know of the try and "pull" enemies far away enough for that group mechanic : Distraction. Distraction (or something like that) is the 1st skill in the subterfuge tree, and will catch the attention of 1 enemy towards your target, meaning you can effectively pull an enemy far enough from their group so they don't call for aid.

1 other thing to help you out, pay attention to the time of the zone you are in (should be Indicated under the name of the zone, and is also indicated by the amount of skills on the pike by the entrance). This can help you figure out where to go when your current zone is too easy.

12. medrowivynton

medrowivynton Avatar

wow... so this game is better than i thought... these details are awesome!
    i will search this "time of the zone" to understand what are you talking, then we talk again hahaha
    thanks!!!

13. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Tier* as in the level of the zone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.