IDEA: Using knowing recipes to get crafting XP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joe Zhudarak, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

Hi, I have an idea to make the crafting recipes looted from monsters and supply bundles more useful. I have tons of them stocked in my house and bank, it´s hard to sell it and some have almost 0 value

The idea consists in being able to consum crafting recipes, even knowing it, getting crafting XP.

For example, we could get 1,000 ocrafting XP by consuming tier 1 recipe. For rarest ones we could get higher values (maybe 10,000).

With this measure the crafting system would´t be so dependent on gathering to obtain the experience required to raise refining and crafting skills.

What do you think about it ?

Idea 2: Please make them stackable!!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    Rentier, Arc, Nikko and 2 others like this.
  2. medrowivynton

medrowivynton Avatar

good idea!
    does not accumulate useless items!

Joe Zhudarak likes this.
  3. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

So basically, convert paper recipes into XP.

Nikko and Joe Zhudarak like this.
  4. Knightwolf

Knightwolf Avatar

If they are only from drops and you not able to purchase them fro vendors , I suggest listing them on the Forum Market at a fair price. You may get rid of them that way.

Nelzie likes this.
  5. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

some have value others like: Greater heal potion recipe, is very common, i have about 25 and almost everybody already have.

6. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

You could also sell those to NPC Vendors. They aren't worth much, but... you could convert that tiny amount into gold.

7. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

That way we could get better prices at Vendors. +1

Joe Zhudarak likes this.
  8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Ok, I am going to set some things strait here about those who think gathering is the only way to make producer exp. Now keep in mind. this will require tons of mats. First time craft bonus. For example when I craft a bear hat for the first time, I get about 3k non exceptional and like 12 k exceptional. Now, say I used leather straps on the first one, and now I do cotton straps, guess what, its a first time craft again. In the past few days, I have made millions of producer exp on my alts by doing this. Think about how many times you can first time craft a longbow. Maple bows done 6x first time craft as there are 6 different strings ( not including the elf strings) just with the one wood type, then I can switch wood types and do that all over again. While I am not against your idea of the recipes being producer exp, I do not think it is needed.

9. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Recipes good for first time craft exp. The gem recipes, fragments into gem base, gem base into jewels, base gem into ward jewels, base gem into attunement gem, base gem into ward gem. Cooking can net you a healthy 150-300k producer exp. All the hedges, gift boxes and wreaths. All the lights and stuff in blacksmithing. I just traded all the tradeable recipes from my main onto my alts and have been gaining producer exp and getting skills up on my alts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.